KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

You know what grinds my gears, is people who walk in the middle of the road in a parking lot and you are driving behind them, you really just wanna honk your horn, but politely drive slower so you don't run over the people.

• Like 7

About 25 years ago, a person honked their car horn at a person in the parking lot at a Lexington mall, who immediately keeled over of a heart attack and subsequently died. For a while, there was consideration of potential involuntary manslaughter charges, but I don't think there was ever an indictment.

What a thing to get to live with, and wonder if one caused, for the rest of one's life.

• Like 5

You know what grinds my gears, is people who walk in the middle of the road in a parking lot and you are driving behind them, you really just wanna honk your horn, but politely drive slower so you don't run over the people.

I was just thinking about this this morning as I was, you guessed it, driving behind a pedestrian walking in the middle of the parking lot as I drove behind them.

• Like 1

Here is another new Pet Peeve from last night, Sitting down watching the fireworks show, and people and trying to walk thru the crowds while we were all sitting watching the fireworks show. Here's a hint, maybe walk behind the crowds so not to disburb the view. Even a KI security guard did this halfway thru the show, sigh. :(

• Like 2

Last year on Delirium, some guy was sitting in my seat and I told the ride op about it and she told him to move and he was like, "No way n**** this is my seat. He was then asked to leave the ride and idk if he was asked to leave the park and then I had to sit next to his girlfriend and she literally kicked my leg the entire ride screaming, "You a**hole that was my bf!" I then told security and pointed her out and justice was served. Like I came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

• Like 8

What also upsets me is when a kid is to young/small to ride and their parents make them wait in line with them and then sit in the corner in the station while they ride it! Have they heard of parenting?? I feel like going up to these kids and giving them hugs!

I feel like if I were a parent who wanted to go to Kings Island, I would consider only two options:

1) Go to the park and ride only rides that the little one is willing and able to ride, and enjoy seeing the happiness on my child's face

2) Hire a sitter for the day

I don't even like the idea of parent swap, to be honest. Though the kid doesn't have to wait alone, you're still making them wait in line for a ride they can't/don't want to ride, and that still rubs me the wrong way.

Though when I have kids, I plan on getting them into amusement parks as early as possible and get them on coasters before they are given any reason to see roller coasters as scary. I feel like kids are only afraid of coasters because they have friends or family who say that they are afraid of them, which in a young mind, can make a child fear something. If a kid doesn't realize there is anything to be afraid of, they shouldn't have any reason to be afraid, if that makes sense.

Those kiddie pens... I can't stand seeing a child in those, it almost looks like they are in jail, like KI Fanatic said, I just want to go give them a hug. I couldn't imagine my child having to sit in one of those just so I can ride a roller coaster.

I disagree with these posts, strongly. As children, my brother and I got to do everything we wanted to in HB Land on each trip to KI, then my parents got their turn to ride the coasters that they enjoyed. While we didn't get to ride those coasters because we weren't tall enough, my brother and I were always fascinated with them and enjoyed just watching them run their course. Plus we got to spend time together as a family in line. And it taught us that the world doesn't revolve around us; why should we be the only ones who get to ride what we want to? Why shouldn't we share the joy of a trip to KI with our parents by letting them ride the rides that they like? As my parents would roll into the station, they were typically greeted with us geeking out just as much or moreso than they did while riding the ride as we grilled them with questions about how high up they were, how fast they went, and what the heck it's like to go upside-down.

I mean think about what some of you are saying. You'd rather get a sitter than get to spend that time with your child(ren) while also getting to enjoy the rides that you like? "Have you heard of parenting??"

Shame on all of you who question the parenting methods of any parent who does that. I feel like my parents have been personally attacked on here, and they're not here to defend themselves.

It's one thing to say "I wouldn't do that with my kid(s)". I can respect anyone that has a different philosophy, even if I might disagree. But to say things like "have they heard of parenting??" crosses the line of "I disagree" and into the realm of a personal attack.

I don't think it's a personal attack. When I take my kids, my daughter (who is 10 and is tall enough to ride everything) will only ride one adult coaster, BLSC. My son (who is 8 and will ride everything he is tall enough for) wants to ride stuff my daughter doesn't so we stand in line for stuff she wants to and what he wants to and if she chooses not to ride The Bat, Adventure Express, The Beast, Vortex, or Racers, she gets to sit it out while he and I ride.

I don't care what people think of this. :lol:

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

I haven't seen that personally, but I would just face palm at the site of it. The lengths kids go now a days to try and look impressive...

• Like 1

Dude I was at the friggin naval base in Norfolk... On the friggin base and when the call for colors happened a few sailors (mainly guards) kept their backs to the flags and continued to talk... Really really pd me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

People who chew dip on roller coasters and spit it out on the ride. Hit my friend right in the face. He was furious about it.

Ride Ops who try to get the most capacity within an hour and rush you, it's just plain rude. Banshee Ops are really good at this.

Photographers at the front gate.

People who bounce basket balls, especially on wooden floors.

KI workers who look like they hate their job. At least say hello or have a good day when I give you my pass to let me into the park.

And many others.

• Like 7

So you are one of the people with the language problem.

How impressive for your kids...

I bleeped it out myself, thanks, I didn't depend on the forum to do it for me. I also don't curse in public or around my kids.

But, good on you for judging me from one comment.

• Like 4

Too many people to quote but I feel the to respond to several.

One I am one of the parents that forced my child on a ride she did not want to ride. I did not take her until she was tall enough to ride most rides and she loved them. Then came Diamondback. She didn't want to ride it I forced her, knowing my daughter she would love it. She cried in the station and up the hill. She is now a diehard!

Second the smoking areas. I am a smoker and it annoys me that many people don't smoke in the assigned areas. However what annoys me more is while I am in said assigned area a nonsmoker complains to me about the smoke. It is clearly posted it is a smoking area and I am not outside the area you are inside it.

The only other thing (just happened recently) is the stupid refill cups inside the bins!!! Don't put full or partially filled cups in there darn it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My 6 year old and I were standing in a rather long line for Drop Tower on Thursday evening and there was a guy in line right behind us who was trying really really hard to look like a hippie in the midst of his seemingly normal looking friends. That's all fine and good... look however you want, but you do not have to take a bath in patchouli to get your point across! It was slightly tolerable when I was up wind of him and tried not to breath too deeply but when the line turned so that I was downwind when the big whoosh of air came, it was like instant migraine every time... I felt like my face was going to fall off as my sinus's instantly clogged up. Even my daughter whispered to me asking why that weird man smelled so bad and could I please sit next to him on the ride so she wouldn't have to smell him. Too much perfume is way worse than BO in my book! People should have some consideration, especially knowing how close they are going to be to other people in the lines.

• Like 3

Here's one that I just experienced earlier today: some guy had one of those strap-on camera mounts on his chest and was attempting to hook it up just before we hit the lift hill on The Beast. The ride ops spotted it and stopped our train on the lift hill for approximately 10 minutes. They explained over the speakers for him to put it away, but the guy wouldn't and a ride op had to climb up to us to confiscate it. The other riders gave him plenty of grief about it.

• Like 5