KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

^ But they're hippies. They don't care what you think or have any consideration.

Lol... right but he wasn't a REAL hippie. He was the shiny rich suburb kid version of a hippie. His whole get up was most definately bought at the mall.

The poor "try a new persona" people, they always overdo everything.

I understand completely about the stink of patchouli, I had an acquaintance, who, at forty, got a divorce and began hanging around her sons' friends. You could smell her a good minute before she came up the drive. We had to air out the garage when she left, thank god she didn't escape into the house.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

Families that the mother takes the boy to the ladies room and the father takes the daughter to the men's room. On top of the boundry issues ther are pedophiles out there.

I agree with you if the mother and father are present. But, being a single father myself that is not always the case, and not every restroom at KI is fitted with a family restroom (including Planet Snoopy weirdly enough). My 4 year old daughter is not able to go into the bathroom by herself and a 4 year old generally doesn't have the ability to hold it in until you can make it to the nearest family restroom. Sorry if that disturbs you, but I would rather my daughter be close to me and not risk something happening to her when in the restroom alone.

• Like 14

i had someone (random park goer) tell me I should have left my 1 year old son in his stroller outside of the bathroom. Um no. I was holding him. That may upset a few people but there is no way on Earth would I leave a 1 year old alone by himself.

Secondly, if I have a daughter, it would not be till she is almost 7 or 8 that I would feel comfortable letting her in the restroom alone.

• Like 10

Yesterday was another good visit where I didn't witness any of the poor guest behavior described in this thread. The only thing that annoyed me a little bit was in the Splash River, a lot of people (not just little kids but teens and even adults, too) just wanted to power through as quickly as possible, and in the process either bumped me into "splash zones" that I didn't really feel like going under, or flat-out directly splashed me while trying to "swim" by while in their inner tubes. What happened to floating in a lazy river? I thought that was the whole point of a lazy river? I can see younger kids getting excited and not just sitting there while floating along, but a group of 4 or 5 adults at least my age or older (I'm 29) came through at one point, as did several groups of older teens. Needless to say 1 trip around the Splash River was enough for me.

• Like 5

Guest dtk1376

I've noticed the same thing on Splash River, I like the ride because it's relaxing but it seems to be less and less relaxing due to poor guest behavior with little repercussions from the lifeguards other than the intermittent whistle.

• Like 3

About 25 years ago, a person honked their car horn at a person in the parking lot at a Lexington mall, who immediately keeled over of a heart attack and subsequently died. For a while, there was consideration of potential involuntary manslaughter charges, but I don't think there was ever an indictment.

What a thing to get to live with, and wonder if one caused, for the rest of one's life.

If you die from a heart attack from being scared I'm sure there was probaly some lingering issues there.

• Like 1

Families that the mother takes the boy to the ladies room and the father takes the daughter to the men's room. On top of the boundry issues ther are pedophiles out there.

I agree with you if the mother and father are present. But, being a single father myself that is not always the case, and not every restroom at KI is fitted with a family restroom (including Planet Snoopy weirdly enough). My 4 year old daughter is not able to go into the bathroom by herself and a 4 year old generally doesn't have the ability to hold it in until you can make it to the nearest family restroom. Sorry if that disturbs you, but I would rather my daughter be close to me and not risk something happening to her when in the restroom alone.

I guees I need to be more clear. The situation I described is a choice being made by two parents, I understand that there is not always a choice and in no way do I think a young child should be left unattended. Thanks for spending your time with your daughter at Kings Island or wherever else you take her as opposed to leaving her with a sitter a having fun without her.

• Like 1

People that park on the painted walkway in the handicapped section of the parking lot. Essentially forcing people to have to walk down the middle of the road.

Basketballs.

People that jump the little black fence by the entrance to Vortex and then look at you dumbfounded when you call them out on it.

Final Destination references. Movie is an afterthought now. No one cares.

This last one goes for any public place. I do not want to have a conversation with you while I'm in the restroom. Seriously.

• Like 9

About 25 years ago, a person honked their car horn at a person in the parking lot at a Lexington mall, who immediately keeled over of a heart attack and subsequently died. For a while, there was consideration of potential involuntary manslaughter charges, but I don't think there was ever an indictment.

What a thing to get to live with, and wonder if one caused, for the rest of one's life.

If you die from a heart attack from being scared I'm sure there was probaly some lingering issues there.

There is an axiom in American law, "You take your plaintiffs as you find them."

• Like 1

And that lengthens your wait exactly how? :)

This is the exact reason why this situation is actually not a pet peeve of mine, like, AT ALL.

Most likely, you'll get on the ride at the exact same time as them moving up right away...(unless they're next in line to move into the station)

• Like 5

I was behind someone quite thin on Flight of Fear on Monday, a young teen who apparently hadn't yet learned the importance of deodorant. There's nothing else like the wave of stench with which I was smacked in the face upon launch. I continued to face it for about half the ride before it finally had blown off enough or I got used to it and I could actually enjoy my ride.

I really haven't noticed heavier people being more likely to smell than thinner people.

People not moving when the line in front of them does is something that irritated the heck out of me when I was a kid, and now doesn't bother me at all. The only exception is a non-corralled line like at a food stand, when someone can't be bothered enough to pay attention to standing in line and that creates confusion as to who is actually in line, so someone may end up inadvertently line-jumping.

• Like 3

From when I was working at KI... A child is misbehaving, in a non-threatening and non-harmful way, and the parent points to me and says, "See that cop right there? He is going to arrest you if you don't stop."

Suppose that same child becomes lost at Kings Island and needs help finding their parents. Think they may be afraid to approach me for help if they are afraid of me arresting them for misbehaving?

• Like 12

I was behind someone quite thin on Flight of Fear on Monday, a young teen who apparently hadn't yet learned the importance of deodorant. There's nothing else like the wave of stench with which I was smacked in the face upon launch. I continued to face it for about half the ride before it finally had blown off enough or I got used to it and I could actually enjoy my ride.

I really haven't noticed heavier people being more likely to smell than thinner people.

People not moving when the line in front of them does is something that irritated the heck out of me when I was a kid, and now doesn't bother me at all. The only exception is a non-corralled line like at a food stand, when someone can't be bothered enough to pay attention to standing in line and that creates confusion as to who is actually in line, so someone may end up inadvertently line-jumping.

Heavier people do not stink more than skinnier people. However, those who exercise regularly sweat the same but it does not have the same odor. It has to do with the different bacteria secreted by your body based on how active you are.

Actually people who work out will sweat more. If you do a little heavy activity your boy assumes you are about to do a full blown workout so your body goes into cooling mode....

Now odors can be controlled by what you eat and drink :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1