KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

Waiting in line doesn't bother me, because that's what your supposed to expect when you are at Kings Island, what bothers me is rude obnoxious teenagers. Teenagers like to cut people in line, stealing, vandalism, and just plain out not following the rules of the park. This really gets under my skin, if I see any of this I usually tell park employees.

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

People who walk 2 inches behind me because we aren't walking as fast as they want. I always stay to the far right when with my daughter because she is one that likes to take her time to go anywhere and is always walking slowly. But it never fails that I end up having some kids right up on me behind me that I feel like I'm driving 55 in the left lane on I-71.

• Like 6

Here's one that I just experienced earlier today: some guy had one of those strap-on camera mounts on his chest and was attempting to hook it up just before we hit the lift hill on The Beast. The ride ops spotted it and stopped our train on the lift hill for approximately 10 minutes. They explained over the speakers for him to put it away, but the guy wouldn't and a ride op had to climb up to us to confiscate it. The other riders gave him plenty of grief about it.

Question: I've seen them in line with them already on. Is this okay or are a no no too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw a woman standing, holding firmly onto a carousel horse filming her child on Wednesday. I didn't know it wasn't permitted, but then again, I wasn't going to leap the barrier, balance myself as I stormed across moving platform and tackle her into the still not working Wurlitzer to stop her. The ride ops could see it, but even here on this board, there's confusion if it's allowed or not.

The kid was really cute, and to be honest, I'm glad the mom took the film.

• Like 2

I wouldn't have known either way, I don't take my phone/camera into the park. I want to get AWAY from tech,

unlike the girl in front of us on The Beast train, texting as we hit the "Don't Stand Up" sign.

I told Stink to watch his head, he might get hit with an Apple.

I would then have to call him "Newton".

• Like 9

I wondered about pictures on that ride. At Michigan's Adventure you can't use your phone; a teenage girl was told that during my ride. I would love to leave my phone in the car but I have to be on call in case there is an issue with my team. The cell phones out on rides is the one of the only things that can ruin my ride experience. It happened during a night ride on The Beast and during the day on Millennium Force. Both times once I saw the phone, I was watching it to make sure it didn't hit me. That shouldn't be a concern in a ride. At Cedar Point, the ride op even asked about it as we pulled in to the station and she laughed and said no. When I told him that she was recording the entire ride, he just shrugged.

Most other things I can handle as part of large crowds.

• Like 5

A friend was on Diamondback and as they were going up the lift hill a phone fell and hit his chest. He was irate, sore and bruised.

Last summer, I was waiting to get on Magnum when they stopped the train on the lift hill. A ride op went out and came back with his hands full of phones. I guess that was why I was so surprised and disappointed in being shrugged off at Millennium Force a few weeks ago.

Why can't people just put away their phones and enjoy the ride? It's always far better than what can be found on their phone.

• Like 5

Biggest reason for Millie is you can't just stop that ride. Also if it's down loaded on lift hill, ride ops can't just head up the lift to retrieve and scold the guest. Only maint/area mgr/sup can ascent with ride ops. Then restarting on lift and getting it in auto again takes quite a bit of time. That's why you won't see Millie stop for just anything on the lift. It's unfortunate it's design causes hindrances on itself. Safety is important, yet the ride itself and SOP make it hard for enforcement and to keep things moving correctly and safely.

If we find a camera on Millie as it goes up we'll spiel it off, or if it's low enough lift stop and hasn't hit the rollbacks yet you can stop it and bring it slow back to station. If it's above and we have time to stop it and get someone on the ride quick we will. If not (usually idiots there wait till lift crest to pull out a phone), we usually see it in the ORP, which will call security on you and wait calmly at the exit ramp. Or if we notice it on the lift hill with our handy dandy secret camera we'll notify security as well.

• Like 6

I wondered about pictures on that ride. At Michigan's Adventure you can't use your phone; a teenage girl was told that during my ride. I would love to leave my phone in the car but I have to be on call in case there is an issue with my team. The cell phones out on rides is the one of the only things that can ruin my ride experience. It happened during a night ride on The Beast and during the day on Millennium Force. Both times once I saw the phone, I was watching it to make sure it didn't hit me. That shouldn't be a concern in a ride. At Cedar Point, the ride op even asked about it as we pulled in to the station and she laughed and said no. When I told him that she was recording the entire ride, he just shrugged.

Most other things I can handle as part of large crowds.

It does ruin the ride. On Opening day, we were at the gate, when The Beast shut down; other times it was crowded, so this was my first ride on The Beast for the year. Having to dodge Barbie accessories for the duration of the ride is a pain.

• Like 2

Families that the mother takes the boy to the ladies room and the father takes the daughter to the men's room. On top of the boundry issues ther are pedophiles out there.

I don't see what is wrong with that. My mom used to take me to the ladies' room when I was little because she was concerned about the risk of leaving me unattended and this was 50 years ago.

Ooop, just noticed you clarified yourself in previous post-sorry about that-need to make sure I read all of the follow up posts.

Was thinking about this.... I wouldnt be worried about pedophiles hanging out in the bathrooms, I would be worried about them hanging out at Kings Island in general.......

And really, when you have a kid, you will find that the way you view the world, changes drastically. And most times, I really dont care how people, without kids, judge me and my parenting skills. My job as a parent is to raise a child who is respectful of others and strives to be a better person and to always do their best.

• Like 7

Had I seen this, I'd have grabbed any other willing witnesses and we'd have marched to GR to file a report on Mr. Shrugger. Safety is paramount. It is not to be shrugged off or shirked.

Boy, you guys must be psychic because that is exactly what happened to me at CP a few days ago. ( Trip report coming soon.) I was in the second to last row on Gemini on the blue train and these girls behind me were taking selfies of themselves. I advised the girls to put their phones away but they ignored me. When I reported this incident to one of the ride attendants at the station, the attendant laughed. I advised her that this was not funny but a serious safety issue and demanded that she tell the girls this. As I was walking away I saw that the attendant was talking with the girls but I was thinking to myself she was probably still laughing off the whole situation. Therefore I did exactly what you would have done, Terpie, went to GR and demanded to speak directly with a ride supervisor. The supervisor was awesome and advised me that she would make sure that they had a serious talk with the Gemini crew. She also gave me two exit passes.

• Like 10

Don't want to start a civil war here but one of my pet peeves is parents who force their child to go on rides when they are absolutely terrified. Children who are forced to go on rides when they are terrified to the point of screaming are more likely to hate than love thrill rides. When my niece was little I would always show her what a ride did before taking her on the ride. If she was too scared I would simply state "That's ok sweetie." Eventually she did ride coasters when she felt ready and she loves them. And if your child never wishes to go on such rides even after they get older-I say leave them alone. Some people hate and will always hate thrill rides. ( Not to mention that there can be serious health consequences in forcing an unwilling person on a coaster.)

• Like 5

I agree with this 100%. I was scared of everything until I was about 4 years old. I do hate Haunted Houses. I've gone to Haunt once and I was mainly just there to ride rides at night. I was fine with the scare actors walking around the park but I just don't like getting scared like that. My dad loves it and forced me to go through 4 haunted houses. The only one I did kind of like was Wolf Pack. My brother works at Land of Illusion and he got me kind of over my fear. I used to freak out and flail my arms and screech around scary things. I still do to some degree tbh.