KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

When I see an e-cig commercial I feel like I have stepped back in time to when I was a kid when cigarette commercials were all over the air waves. I have the feeling that e-cig commercials will also eventually be banned from television. For those of you too young here is an example of a commercial from my youth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch6HafID4DM

• Like 8

I hate when the North parking entrance is closed and it directs me to the South one. It is anything but clear where one is supposed to make a left turn into that entrance.

Fortunately, most times when I get here (in the morning before the park opens) the North entrance is open. Unfortunately, most of the times it is closed are times later in the day when traffic on Kings Island Drive is heavier.

• Like 6

This only happened once during a very busy day July 3rd. The line for the main park parking lot was backed up to the gate. People were yelling and honking horns at each other, it was a mess. Of course I wanted to get over to the Soak City entrance. Not a chance and had to follow the line around, 30 minutes later ended up at Soak City parking lot. Security should have halted entrance to relieve the area past the gate.

This was mentioned a few pages back, but I just recently expeienced it.

While in line for Racer, a couple who looked to be the same age as me (17years old) were making out with tongue and all over each other (gross).

They noticed the looks they were getting from parents around them, and continued.

I'm not a fan of PDA, whether it's me, or someone else. There are kids around.

I can't pin this all on teenages, because while in line for Diamonback, I saw a couple (late 20's, early 30's maybe) doing the same thing.

• Like 6

The thing about E-cigs that annoys me is that people like to smoke them everywhere just because they can.

I'm getting fish for someone at work a few months ago, and the customer was wearing one around his neck. As he enters the aquatics area, he immediately informs me that he's "allowed" to smoke inside because it's an E-cigarette. In my head I'm thinking, "that's nice." So anyhoo, he's pointing to all the fish he wants and I'm bagging them up for him as he continues to vape in the store, blowing...vapor? Smoke? Whatever... In my direction repeatedly. Like he was just trying to display the fact that he's allowed to smoke it inside.

People just like to show that they can do something and not do that thing respectfully or in moderation

sounds like you got to deal with an ignorant man child just trying to show off his new toy.

Either that or he was just blowing off steam. :lol:

We went to the Bruno Mars concert a few weeks ago at US Bank Arena. Between the opening act and the main act, we saw a woman a few rows below us using an e-cigarette. Mrs. Gator thought it was a real cigarette, said "She can't smoke in here!" and started coughing. I laughed at her psychosomatic response and explained to her what an e-cig is and that it's just vapor, not actual smoke. Once I explained that, she mysteriously quit coughing... :lol:

• Like 7

Haha, XGator, I needed that like you don't know how. It took a lot for me to return to this forum.

There are times I've had an unlit cigarette in my hand, and had people go into paroxyms of coughing and carrying on.

I just realized I had a unusual pet peeve:

People that want to ban a certain group from the park, especially when many of the of the group they want to ban go out of their way to accomadate the people that want to ban them.

If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you prick us, do we not bleed?

• Like 6

Perusing my posts, you can see I'm just as confused. I would prefer the Tower Gardens redone and made into a sleepy time kids spot. It's cool, the waterfall would be comforting, and both you and I know there's a point in the day where a kid needs to stop and rest a bit, or they get overtired. Snoopy sleeps on his doghouse, why not feature that motif?

The spot on Coney Island midway is too awkward. I understand they design for full capacity, and they have a percentage they go by, but there's no need for that great big circle. Most smokers would prefer a spot carved out of the way, and this is my survey of smokers in the park. If you look at smokers, we mostly stand, there's only a few sitting, and we are used to being close together. You meet a lot of interesting people, that way.

We don't want spaces too far apart. We want to enjoy the park like everyone else- we eat in the smoking section to save time to get back to the park. That's why you see so many standers.

Why can't the smoking area at the edge of Planet Snoopy have a path going back? Why does it have to be RIGHT on the sidewalk?

• Like 5

Agreed, I walked right by that and thought, "wow what a bunch of rude smokers... holy cow thats the smoking area..."

If I were to move smoking areas, here is what I would do.

In Coney Mall, I would use Flight Commanders former queue area, put some benches or tables over there. Just off the beaten path, but still in a nice area.

On the way to Snoopy, what about near the exit of the train ride between WWC and the train.

Tower Gardens smoking section be transformed into a smokers area and still keep the fountain part open to everyone. Its like they have this entire area that is unused because as you said, not many smokers decide to smoke and stroll through a relaxing park. Most get a smoke in and then go on with their day...

• Like 4

That's what would work. They don't have to call a backhoe, just... push some chairs around a little. FC queue would be more than perfect, and frankly cover a lot more of the area than that Circle o' Brick.

I recall back when the kids, (now college-aged, I'm that old.) would trawl the park. you get a nosh, go sit in the park, and they can cool their jets. Strollers need way more space than smokers, and there's benches all through the gardens. it's quiet enough to let them dose a bit, it's shaded, so the kids don't get hot or burnt.

In an hour, they are ready to go, and so are you.

If the park did this, more people would stay for supper.

As it is, I get to the park around five thirty pm, and there's an outpouring of strollers from the gates. If they just had a break from the day, they could probably stay a bit longer.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, my little guy and I get there between 10-11 usually. By no later than 1 or 2 he is toasted. He needs to sleep hard core for about an hour or so. There is no where in the park, that I know of currently, where I can take him where it is cool, semi quiet, and shaded that he can just sleep it off. So we leave around that time for the day.

• Like 5

So I found an easy fix to the Tower Garden smoking section.

Located in the TG area is a wide open space not used currently. It's a tree covered circle basically located between the Carousel and the building used for Delta Delta Die. They then could open the entire TG to general guess and maybe turn on the waterfall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This was mentioned a few pages back, but I just recently expeienced it.

While in line for Racer, a couple who looked to be the same age as me (17years old) were making out with tongue and all over each other (gross).

They noticed the looks they were getting from parents around them, and continued.

I'm not a fan of PDA, whether it's me, or someone else. There are kids around.

I can't pin this all on teenages, because while in line for Diamonback, I saw a couple (late 20's, early 30's maybe) doing the same thing.

Being an adult and doing this is just shameful. I honestly feel bad for people who are adults and still do this.

• Like 2

I always have my son with me so we always use the family restroom near the Rivertown Larosa's, so I can't say if all of the other restrooms have the same jet engine automatic hand dryers, but seriously...that dryer is so loud my son screams and covers his ears every time. I am all for making the environmentally friendly choice but not at the cost of losing my hearing.

And for all KI staff that use microphones, particularly in the rides...microphones will amplify your (normal, non-yelling) voice. Therefore there is no reason so scream into the microphone to be heard. Especially when my ears are already buzzing from the ridiculous hand dryers ;)

• Like 3

I like the Dyson ones too. The ones I am referring to are not Dyson. I think they are Xlerator? They have the same ones at the zoo. If you watch the families exiting the restrooms at the zoo you will see kids running out screaming over and over from the noise. I would definitely use paper towels if they were in the family restroom.

As I was driving down one of the parking aisles yesterday there was a car stopped at the end of the aisle. I am assuming that the car is going to turn but as I was approaching behind the car, suddenly the car backs up and is proceeding to back into a parking place-there was another car behind me and we both had to back up because of the thoughtless driver in the front car.

• Like 7

Most of the restrooms have paper towels for hand drying. I did try one with the Dyson Blade dryers (I think it was in Picnic Grove) once, I kinda liked them.

I was always under the impression that those hand dryers spread less germs as well. I recently read an article that said they just blow germs all over your hand. Needless to say I don't use them anymore.

• Like 1

As I was driving down one of the parking aisles yesterday there was a car stopped at the end of the aisle. I am assuming that the car is going to turn but as I was approaching behind the car, suddenly the car backs up and is proceeding to back into a parking place-there was another car behind me and we both had to back up because of the thoughtless driver in the front car.

The parking lot when the sun goes down can be a mess. Tired cranky people can have hair trigger tempers.

The parking lot when the sun goes down can be a mess. Tired cranky people can have hair trigger tempers.

Not to mention it has a VERY poorly designed, poorly lit, and poorly marked south exit.

Both of these are why I do not try to leave right at closing. I will take my time leaving the park, stopping to get one more soft drink, walk up to the bathroom, walk back to the fudge shop, and so on, waiting for the majority of the cars to leave. Then when I finally do start my engine, I leave via the north exit (since I have to go north on 71 anyway). Much less stress that way.

• Like 4

I'm with you here.....I don't like parking lots in general because most people don't pay attention or try to get out first. Add those on top of poorly designed lots and you have yourself one or two things (1) Headache or (2) wreck. At KI the most I've dealt with in the parking lot, is people taking up two spots or cutting me off to get into the big line exiting the lot.

Most of the restrooms have paper towels for hand drying. I did try one with the Dyson Blade dryers (I think it was in Picnic Grove) once, I kinda liked them.

I like them, but then I saw this and they now make me laugh when I see them.

bbLpCuN.jpg

• Like 6