KI Pet Peeves

emileeee

Just this morning, I see two Kings Island commercials aired within a few spots of each other. In the first, the tag at the end advertises that passes can be bought at Kroger for $25 off the gate price. In the second spot, the tag advertises that people can visit the park's website and buy tickets for $19.99 off the gate price. In all my years as a passholder, I can safely say I've never seen pricing like it is this year--all over the map.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

That's why whenever I ask someone if they want to go to Kings Island with me and they ask what is the cheapest way to get tickets I just throw my hands up and say "your guess is as good as mine" lol

• Like 5

I just ran into a coupon pad yesterday at our dentist's office, of all places, that let you buy tickets for $30.99. Since they are only good through the end of July, I'm unlikely to use it (I already took my husband once this month, and doubt I'll take anyone else). But I was impressed at the deal. It's almost as good as the one-day sale they had last week at the Kings Island website, and better for a single ticket, after the online purchase fee.

And I have a similar pad at work that is two sides. The front side (in color) advertises a 4 pack of tickets for $120.00 if bought at the front gate. Good July 4-Aug 24; 30-Sept 1. The back side (in black and white) advertises single tickets for $25 off if bought with the coupon at the front gate. Same dates of use. Good grief Charlie Brown!!

• Like 2

Just this morning, I see two Kings Island commercials aired within a few spots of each other. In the first, the tag at the end advertises that passes can be bought at Kroger for $25 off the gate price. In the second spot, the tag advertises that people can visit the park's website and buy tickets for $19.99 off the gate price. In all my years as a passholder, I can safely say I've never seen pricing like it is this year--all over the map.

You can also get $25 off at Wendy's.

• Like 2

^I saw that same coupon at my eye doctor's office last week. I thought it was an odd place for KI advertising, but since they're located in Maineville, very close to the park, I didn't give it too much thought.

Oddly, the place where I get my glasses (Optical Fashions here in Xenia) also had KI coupons last year. I don't know about this year because I have no reason to go back in there until next year.

Today the Banshee line was out past the Ice Scream Zone.

Not that it was a long wait, but a line was forming behind some idiot who was trying to ARGUE the 'no loose article' policy with the ride op at the entrance.

I don't let little things bother me when I'm at the park. So long as people are having fun, then I'm happy... but this one was just plain stupid.

• Like 9

^ It's funny you mention that, because I saw a 5-to-6 year-old boy at Beech Bend peeing in the trashcan in the station for Kentucky Rumbler on Saturday. The ride op at the control booth was laughing so hard that she could only motion for the other op to walk over to her so that she could tell him about it. Of course, she told him to clean up the trash can and surrounding area, which he did.

That was, by far, the funniest/strangest thing I've ever witnessed in an amusement park.

• Like 4

Several years ago, I caught a teenager girl squatting taking a pee at the side entrance to the season pass building. She thought nothing of it even though there are restrooms on the outside of the front entrance. It is one thing for a three year old doing this, but a teenager? She should had known better.

• Like 4

Those restrooms aren't terribly obvious, though, so I can understand it a little. Of course, someone not embarrassed to pop a squat in front of others shouldn't be too painfully shy to ask about the existence of available restrooms...

I've often found that women's restroom to be the coldest place in the park, and it gets less traffic during the day (and rarely anyone direct from a water ride), so it is my favorite to use.

• Like 1

Back on the evening of the Soak City luau, before regular closing, I was walking up the secluded path from Zoom Flume's splash pool when I encountered a mom and two boys on the side of the path, with one of the boys peeing ON THE PATH. Not even in the grass to the side, but directly on the concrete. And it wasn't a small boy either; he looked to be about ten years old. Mom was actually LAUGHING about it. I just gave them a glare and walked on as fast as I could.

• Like 5

Teenage girl behind me on Racer freaking out because her sunglasses fell off while riding and she lost them. They actually landed by my feet and I was tempted to not say anything to teach her a lesson... but in the end I handed them back to her. Then she didn't even say thank you!!!

• Like 5

Yeah, that'll teach her... Or something?

I don't get the "taking things into a park with you is a crime" sentiment 'round here lately. It's not what we would do, but that doesn't make it bad...

My issue wasn't with her having them in the park it was with her wearing them on the ride... Luckily they landed at my feet and didn't hit me or my kid in my face.

• Like 1

^ I mean, do sunglasses present a different threat than regular glasses? Should I take my regular glasses off to ride?

I'm not saying I fully understand all the details of your situation and think you're wrong. For all I know, she was trying to take them off during the ride when she lost them, which could definitely pose the risk of someone getting hit. I just think not wanting sunglasses on the ride is a bit extreme. Then again, this is a thread about pet peeves, so perhaps it's none of my business.

• Like 1

I think it is fairly common belief among forum members that if glasses are worn on a coaster, they should be held on with a strap. That would go for prescription or sunglasses.

It's not about people here being jerks, it's about the safety of other passengers. It also prevents the person who needs their glasses so much they won't ride without them from spending the rest of their day at the park (and possibly the ride home) deprived of the ability to see clearly, when their glasses fall off during a ride.

• Like 5

Yeah, that'll teach her... Or something?

I don't get the "taking things into a park with you is a crime" sentiment 'round here lately. It's not what we would do, but that doesn't make it bad...

My issue wasn't with her having them in the park it was with her wearing them on the ride... Luckily they landed at my feet and didn't hit me or my kid in my face.

Some people can wear glasses or sunglasses without them falling off due to them being fitted. They may have come loose on the ride when they hadn't on any other ride previously.

I do feel for you, I think it sucks she didn't say Thank You.

• Like 2