Visited KI for the first time...

SkyhawkRaptorXL-200

I went mostly to ride Ride Diamondback and Banshee. I was slightly interested in Beast, just for the hype around it. Me personally, I've never rode a woodie I liked. Unfortunately I still haven't either after Beast. I just hate how rough and shaky wooden rides are. I find zero enjoyment in it. That and Shivering Timbers are the best wooden rides I've ever rode I guess though. Diamondback however knocked my socks off. That ride is spectacular. Wow. Now on to Banshee. That is one of the best looking rides with the station I've ever seen. It's awesome looking. Unfortunately the ride didn't match it. While I liked it, I didn't love it. Huge blow. It wanted to love it and be blown away. It just was a letdown. The problem to me was the same problem Alpengeist has and that it's TO fast for a inverted coaster. There's no breaks at all really. You fly through constant inversions relentlessly and never get a breather. Just to much imo, has for the rest of the coasters, I didn't expect much and I was right. Firehawk was decent and the rest were your crap. Vortex and Invertigo were your typical crappy old Vekoma corkscrew rides. I can't even remember the rest honestly. I know it sounds negative but I did enjoy myself for one visit. I wouldn't go back til they got better coasters or flats though. Thanks for reading everyone.

• Like 3

I went mostly to ride Ride Diamondback and Banshee. I was slightly interested in Beast, just for the hype around it. Me personally, I've never rode a woodie I liked. Unfortunately I still haven't either after Beast. I just hate how rough and shaky wooden rides are. I find zero enjoyment in it. That and Shivering Timbers are the best wooden rides I've ever rode I guess though. Diamondback however knocked my socks off. That ride is spectacular. Wow. Now on to Banshee. That is one of the best looking rides with the station I've ever seen. It's awesome looking. Unfortunately the ride didn't match it. While I liked it, I didn't love it. Huge blow. It wanted to love it and be blown away. It just was a letdown. The problem to me was the same problem Alpengeist has and that it's TO fast for a inverted coaster. There's no breaks at all really. You fly through constant inversions relentlessly and never get a breather. Just to much imo, has for the rest of the coasters, I didn't expect much and I was right. Firehawk was decent and the rest were your crap. Vortex and Invertigo were your typical crappy old Vekoma corkscrew rides. I can't even remember the rest honestly. I know it sounds negative but I did enjoy myself for one visit. I wouldn't go back til they got better coasters or flats though. Thanks for reading everyone.

Thanks for visiting, sorry you didn't like more rides but not every ride is for everyone. I can see your point about Banshee; it's almost too fast and disorienting for some. And I agree that DB is awesome, definitely my favorite in the park. Can't say I agree with too much else in your post though.

• Like 1

My bad about Vortex, I saw the track design and assumed it was Vekoma. You know what they say when u make an assumption. I didn't find Banshee to be super disorienting, but I just didn't care for the relentless inversions without a break. I find Raptor to be way unless disorienting and I find a lift hill of about Raptors 137 scale or even less like Great Bear to be perfect for these types of rides if your not going to have slow downs on the rides. I still did enjoy Banshee with that being said though. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Banshee knocks the socks (or bird crap) off of Raptor.

Rode Raptor once and that's enough for me. The turn into the final brake run just about knocked my eyeballs out of my head.

Vortex, while rough is still a great coaster. Invertigo, nah, would rather watch the paint peel off if it. Live Firehawk. Diamondback, still one of my top coasters. Banshee, like most coasters is a totally different ride in the dark. Give a night ride a try before you write it off.

• Like 2

Well, it sounds like you and I, sir, could not possibly have more opposing views on coasters.

Welcome to KIC! Everyone here has different opinions on rides and that's OK. You seem to dislike all of my favorites, but that's the great thing about KI. There is a great variety of different types of coasters, and just about anyone can find something they like.

For what it's worth, I find Diamondback to be slightly more exciting than Millennium Force, which is slightly less exciting than a Teletubbies marathon, so it's unlikely we'll ever meet in line for a ride, but I'll certainly say Hi if we ever do!

• Like 3

Is this a joke? Like seriously... Really? Think about what you said.... You are on a theme park and roller coaster enthusiast site and you "don't care for the relentless inversions without a break?" You sir need some serious help....

I wouldn't dismiss his opinion. I like Banshee, but I could see someone having the opinion of it being loop after loop relentlessly. I like that it's nonstop, but I see his perspective.
  • Like 3

What's wrong with Great Bear?

It's a pretty fantastic ride if you simply view it as a suspended monorail with inversions.

Absolutely nothing.

It's one of my absolute favorite coasters.

That's my point.

Why would you assume there's something wrong with it? Others' opinions?

That's my point.

• Like 1

Hey opinions are opinions. Since I run KI's fan site, people are always shocked that I don't get a Platinum Pass and don't particularly like Cedar Point. Nothing wrong with the place, I just don't like it. It's just my opinion, and it doesn't necessarily have to be justified all the time.

• Like 8