Current wait times

APE

Making my first trip tomorrow with my girlfriend. Have always wanted to visit, so were doing Kings Island and Cedar Point this week (we are from Georgia). Hoping the threat of rain tomorrow keeps the crowds down as we're trying our best not to pay for fastpass.

Welcome to KIC.

Cedar Fair parks offer Fast Lane. FastPass is offered by the Disney Organization. Both are always capitalized here.

Just finished Firehawk. My first time on it and it was pouring. I'm no wimp but I can't decide if I liked it or not.

I'm a bit ambivalent about it myself. I think it's fun, but I also don't feel like I'm missing anything if I don't ride it.

• Like 1

Understood. Got there at 9am yesterday for the GOCC event, came back to my apartment in Eastgate and got a shower and quick nap in, came back to the park from 8-close. I was feeling rough when I left the first time yesterday. I'm still whooped over the trip last weekend. I'm surprised quite honestly that I stayed until Midnight.

• Like 2

I've ridden Firehawk three times now. The most recent time I finally kind of enjoyed myself a little. I will keep giving it another chance occasionally.

And, if you smelled fine at the beginning of the day, you probably won't be a stinky rider people complain about. There is a big difference between a "my deodorant failed" hint of ripeness and the worn-in stench that comes from continual lack of hygiene.

• Like 2

Ride times weren't bad today. Got in all three Cirque shows which all three were different than each other due to staffing. It was kinda neat to see how they did it on the fly.

Good day, and ended with a drenching Banshee ride that was totally worth it

We watched the same 7:00 show then. I was the first person to get the bike tire to the face lol.

I missed all the Cirque shows but I did end up on Diamondback around 7:30 and it was raining again. 80 mph in the rain doesn't feel too good. I also stayed until close, which I didn't think I'd do! I just couldn't make myself leave without more Banshee.

I rode Diamondback in pretty solid rain too; it made it walk on so I'm not complaining.

Did you by chance ride Drop Tower right before 9pm?

Light crowd today. Not totally dead but definitely not busy. About 15 minute wait for Diamondback and Banshee. Vortex is walk-on.

Edit: I just noticed Banshee is only running 2 trains. Otherwise it'd be walk-on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night (from about 6-close) the longest wait (actually the only wait) we had was to place our food at the Reds HOF Grill. Boo Blaster was my family of 4 and two teenagers who entered the same time as us, when we got off, there was nobody set to take our place, I've never seen that before except for the very end of the evening when most families have either left or are getting set to watch fireworks. It was still pretty hot at the time, I was surprised to see no line. No line for the kids bumper cars, no line for FAAC, no line for the Turnpike ride or whip it (forget the name, but if they every install a series of classic flats, a grown up version of that would be terrific.) No line for back to back rides on Race For Your Life Charlie Brown, then the storms came, so we hit up the Reds HOF Grill, got seated fairly quickly, then it took an extremely long time to actually place an order (I'm sure they were slammed beyond their expected capacity b/c of the rain, but you should still be able to place an order in a timely manner), but once the order was in, the food came out quickly and was as good as ever. After the rain cleared, the already light crowds predictably cleared out even more. Got 1 ride on The Beast w/ our 6 year old, then switched out w/ the wife to ride with him, no lines in either case. Most enjoyable Beast ride in quite some time, perhaps ever with the cooler conditions, little bit of fog, wet track, and riding buddy. Then we moved over Stunt Coaster and did the same with no line in either case. Most enjoyable Beast ride in quite some time, perhaps ever with the cooler conditions, little bit of fog, wet track, and riding buddy. The 2 year old wanted to get on Monster at the end of the night, but we decided to head for the front, catch fireworks, then off to DQ for dessert before heading home.

• Like 2

"No line for the kids bumper cars, no line for FAAC, no line for the Turnpike ride or whip it (forget the name, but if they every install a series of classic flats, a grown up version of that would be terrific.)"

Linus' Beetle Bugs? I sat and watched that ride for awhile, and was a little jealous I wasn't tiny enough to ride. It's got quite a punch for a ride for small kids.

"No line for the kids bumper cars, no line for FAAC, no line for the Turnpike ride or whip it (forget the name, but if they every install a series of classic flats, a grown up version of that would be terrific.)"

Linus' Beetle Bugs? I sat and watched that ride for awhile, and was a little jealous I wasn't tiny enough to ride. It's got quite a punch for a ride for small kids.

Yeah that is the name. Our 2 year old absolutely loves it, and that is what got me thinking they need a bigger version for adults. IIRC, there are not many of them in operation and theme parks, mostly traveling fairs and such. Also came to a sad conclusion yesterday. Our 2 year old is about an inch or so from reaching 36" Our 6 year old is about an inch from reaching 52", which is great b/c he's really excited to get on Banshee. However, many of the rids in Planet Snoopy have a maximum height of 54". While he'll ride any coaster in the park, so finding rides for him won't be a problem, he still young enough to enjoy doing even the little things that kids under 36" can do and enjoys doing them with his sister. If the 54" maximum height is enforced, there may not be much they can do together next season as she won't be tall enough to get on the 40" rides and he'll be too tall to get on the 36" rides.

Anyone have experience with this, do they strictly enforce that policy? I figure as long as they fit there is not much that would impede their safety on most of those rides being 55" or 56" tall (swings could be a problem w/ dragging feet, can't think of anything else off hand), but I'm sure the policy is in place for a reason, so it may be pretty strict.

Guest dtk1376

I think why we don't see rides like LInus' Beetle Bugs in other parks now a days is because it is original to the park and those were different times back then. It's actually one of only 4 rides that are from the original kids area at Kings Island (others being Peanuts Off-Road Rally, Race for Your Life Charlie Brown, and Woodstock Express). I'm pretty sure I'm right about that, but please throw bricks at me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

My oldest went over the 54" a year or two ago it was strictly enforced and she didn't wear the bracelet. I guess it all depends on the worker and the ride. For example my experience WWC is more lenient on the height requirement than say Woodstock.

Side story. I took my family to Michigan's Adventure and rode Zach's Zoomer (same as Woodstock). My just over 40" son was measured by the measuring pole then remeasured on their more official measuring unit. Both times the associate said ok. After strapping in the supervisor came up and made him unstrap to remeasure. My wife was not as patient and commenting this isn't Diamondback it is a kiddie coaster where I had to ride next to him in the most restrictive seat belt I have ever had on a roller coaster. I had to reassure her they were just doing their job but they just weren't good at it. :)

• Like 3

My Son is 54" and as long as he isn't wearing a 54" wrist band, they allow him to ride with his little sisters.

thanks, that is similar to the comment my wife that they'll know he's 54" by the color of the wrist band he'll get when we enter the park. Of course on that note, I think he came to the realazation last night that the Peanuts Off Road Rally isn't all that much fun anymore, but he still enjoys the Peanuts 500, Linus' Beetle Bugs and the Snoopy Plane ride (can't remember the name) which I think all have the 54" height restrictions on them, perhaps the bumper cars as well. Guess we'll cross that bridge sometime next season, he may be completely uninterested in all of those rides before he hits 7 next season anyways, so it may not be much of an issue other than the photo ops that will be missed of having the two of them enjoy some of those things together.

• Like 1

My oldest went over the 54" a year or two ago it was strictly enforced and she didn't wear the bracelet. I guess it all depends on the worker and the ride. For example my experience WWC is more lenient on the height requirement than say Woodstock.

Side story. I took my family to Michigan's Adventure and rode Zach's Zoomer (same as Woodstock). My just over 40" son was measured by the measuring pole then remeasured on their more official measuring unit. Both times the associate said ok. After strapping in the supervisor came up and made him unstrap to remeasure. My wife was not as patient and commenting this isn't Diamondback it is a kiddie coaster where I had to ride next to him in the most restrictive seat belt I have ever had on a roller coaster. I had to reassure her they were just doing their job but they just weren't good at it. :)

That is the nice thing about bracelets, it clearly marks that your kid has been measured and is good to go for that height requirement. I wish the measuring station wasn't so hidden when you enter the park, the ones in Planet Snoopy are not always stationed by a worker. Of course on that note, we've had him measured up front to see him fail to hit a mark that he's meet (at that same station) on a prior trip, gone to the one in Planet Snoopy, get him re-measured and have had him hit the mark once before. I think that was the 44" mark when he turned 4 so that he could get on FAAC and Surf Dog that day.

• Like 1