Current wait times

APE

Yikes. Sounds like my hopes that the cool weather would keep people away have been shattered lol I guess I will plan on not riding much and hoping hard it rains and washes people out lol

• Like 1

Packed park for me means pick what rides I want to do the most and am willing to wait for which narrows it down to maybe 5 coasters and flats and besides that walking around and catching shows

Hey everyone my real name is Matt and lil shark is Michael! We have been up here since a little after 10, so we are actually heading out. I would love to meet up with y'all sometime this year. But a sleepy 1 year old is nothing to mess around with haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Holy cow even Viking Fury has a long line. They have all but two queue lines open in the station! If I didn't have a baby shower tomorrow and dog sitting I would have come tomorrow.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that mid-July to early August is peak season for amusement parks, so naturally the park will be more crowded now than it was a month ago. Just don't let the crowds get you down, and remember that good times can be had even if you don't ride much. :)

• Like 1

My wife called from the line to meet the Avengers. She said it extended from the Eiffel Tower or wherever the meet/greet was setup around the Eiffel Tower, back to the smooth stand along the path next to Diamondback's pond. Don't know how quickly its moving, but she gave the impression that its not moving very fast. Said she heard from 1 employee (security guard I think, so the information isn't nearly as reliable as if it had come from Don, reader beware) that the meet/greet was a lot more popular than they were anticipating. She said they were bringing out the Avengers 1 at a time due to the heat. Sounds like they should have had this in the KI Theater or somewhere w/ AC where all 3 (Iron Man, Thor and Captain America) could engage the crowds comfortably all at once. I won't be joining them until later, and even then may do an exchange and take the son on rides while the Wife takes the girl and goes home with her mom, so this is all 2nd hand (at best), but figured there may be some thinking about heading up there this afternoon to meet the Avengers. I'll post later if I get to talk to her again about how long it took her to get thru the line.

• Like 3

OK, so my wife just called, she thinks they're about "15 min" away from meeting them, though she seems to think all 3 may be out there when she gets to the front (which would be good I suppose) All told, seems like she'll be standing in line for roughly 3 hours. Thankfully she had her mother along with her today so she could take the kids on the Grand Carousel (bet they didn't realize the Wurlitzer was working), Eiffel Tower and a few other things.

• Like 2

Just an update from later in the evening. I got to the park around 5:45 or a shade after, meet them in Planet Snoopy for a ride on Boo Blasters and a few other things. We headed out towards the Tower, then circled back around b/c my son wanted to get on White Water Canyon. I reluctantly agreed (love the ride, just hate being soaked the rest of the evening). As we passed by the tower, we saw where the meet/greet was set up. At this time it was a little before 6:30 and the characters were gone and the line dispersed. I have no idea if they shut down the line when they anticipated that the back of it would get to the front around 6:00 or if at 6:00 they just said sorry to everyone waiting in line (would certainly suck to be in line w/ your kid a few spots away and have them just walk off).

On a side note, the park was completely out of 48" wrist bands. How the heck does that happen, I would have assumed they had those out the wazzu unless they had a bad shipment and didn't realize it until they opened up the box. Don't know how long it takes to get those restocked, I assume those are the most important ones since the list of rides added at that height is second only to the 36" mark, but includes many of the parks most popular attractions.

On another side note, I walked past the motorcycle parking area and noticed every single bike had a small piece of squareish wood under the pedestal. The first one had a nice chrome pedestal, so I just assumed it was the owner wanting not to scuff up the kick stand. However, then I noticed it on all of them, including bikes that had older rusted up kick stands, so I figured it was a KI policy. Anyone know why? Seemed strange, but I'm sure there is good reason; just can't think of it myself.