Current wait times

APE

I was drawn like a magnet to the park tonight even though I hadn't been going to come this week.

Banshee was 8 minutes from entering the queue to passing the entrance again as I left the area.

Don't think tonight is Racer's 100-mill night seeing lack of activity in the area. Walked on the blue train tho.

The Wurlitzer is great!

Flames are going on BLSC and SR&R is still listed as closed on the LED sign outside the front gate.

• Like 2

Vortex had a full queue and Backlot was back to the queue house when I was leaving.

And Kings Island needs free Wi-Fi.

So I should have to pay more for my pass (along with everybody else for their admission media) so you can have free wi-fi whilst my phone happily lives in a hot car.

I see how that works.

• Like 6

Rain thinned the crowds. 15 minutes for Diamondback. Station wait for Beast.

I just saw "Nico" from Cirque get off The Beast. He was with a woman, may have been the one on the trampoline but I have never seen her out of makeup to know for sure. Really cool to see the performers get to enjoy the park too :)

• Like 5

I have seen a lot of right ops ignoring the wristbands and remeasuring kids. It has caused a lot of problems for people I have seen arguments and can't say that I wouldn't argue too. If the park hires employes to measure than they have been trained to do so, so they should be trusted. I do understand if the kid looks 48 inches and is wearing a 54 inch band to remeasure, but I don't see the point in splitting hairs so to speak

• Like 1

Correct. It's for the safety of the guests. Wristbands are used to verify riders are able to ride the rides they can. I don't know of an instance where the wrong wrist band has been given, but I can assume, parents may have placed tissues in their children's feet, etc to later take them out. I hope it's not the case.

However, by the State of Ohio, park guests must follow ride operator instructions, including checking for height whether it be the first time or the 2nd or the 3rd. It stinks, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

But if a child isn't 52" at Banshee, he shouldn't be permitted to ride, even if he has a 52" wristband.

what I am saying is the measuring stations are more accurate than tape on a stick or some of the old metal measures and if they are right at the riding line or a hair short the wrist ban should trump the tape on a stick otherwise there is no reason for measuring stations
  • Like 1

Well the past few days the park has been out of 48inch wrist bands. We got our niece measured just to find out that they would measure her at every station. We were told that if she didn't meet the 48 requirement at one of the places to have them call upfront...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been with my son at each stage of the measurement chart thru 48" (about 51" now w/ shoes on) and I've never once seen an employee question his height when he had the wrist band on, even when he was in one of the tentative stages where one trip he's make the mark, the next trip he wouldn't (seems like the 42" mark gave us the most trouble in consistency with him, for whatever reason). The only times I've seen kids checked for height, after getting in their seat is on Woodstock Express, and inevitably, every time that kid is pulled off to verify height, they don't have a wrist band on.

• Like 2

Correct. It's for the safety of the guests. Wristbands are used to verify riders are able to ride the rides they can. I don't know of an instance where the wrong wrist band has been given, but I can assume, parents may have placed tissues in their children's feet, etc to later take them out. I hope it's not the case.

However, by the State of Ohio, park guests must follow ride operator instructions, including checking for height whether it be the first time or the 2nd or the 3rd. It stinks, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

stuffing tissue paper into the shoes isn't going to make a huge difference. Could it be enough to push them over the mark? Sure, but I've seen kids measured in all kinds of different shoes and there can be a significant difference in added height depending on the shoes. A thin pair of flip flops add little height, a thick pair of basketball shoes can add an inch or more to a kids true height. When my son hit the 48" mark for the first time, I doubt he grew much from the week before, but he did have on a brand new pair of gym shoes that were a little thicker than the prior pair he wore. I'd have to look next time, but I don't think his feet actually hit the floor on most of the coasters we ride, so the added 1/2 or so that those shoes gave him added nothing to the safety equation other than increasing his height just enough to go from just missing the mark to just hitting the mark. He was as safe the first time he rode The Beast as he would have been the week prior. I believe you can say the same thing with stuffing some tissue paper in the bottom of a kids shoes, especially when it comes to rides like Diamondback or Banshee where the bottom of the shoes won't come into contact with anything anyways.

I understand rules are rules, and I'm sure that it has happened that the wrong wrist band has been given, or the parents got an older child to wiggle out of their wrist band, then have the younger kid put it on, that would be a more likely scenario than stuffing a kids shoes with tissue paper. It would have to be fairly obvious that a rider wasn't at the listed height to justify pulling them out. In reality, their body proportions probably play a much larger role in their safety than an extra inch or two. My son always "complains" that the lap bar doesn't come down to his lap, there is a gap there, and I always tell him that he's perfectly safe, he doesn't get to enjoy the experience of The Beast with only a buzz bar (and gravity) holding you in.

• Like 2

There have been issues in the past of parents having their older kid measured, then they remove the wristband and give it to a younger one. If there's any question, the ride op is absolutely in the right to measure the child.

So I should have to pay more for my pass (along with everybody else for their admission media) so you can have free wi-fi whilst my phone happily lives in a hot car.

I see how that works.

Part of the cost of my pass is to pay for the maintenance on Linus Launcher. I won't be riding that this season...

• Like 8

I haven't ridden much since this morning. However, Racer was half the queue, same for BLSC, Delirium, and Beast. Adventure Express was back to the entrance. Diamondback was almost full with the lower portion not open.

• Like 3

Due to weather the heavy crowd has already thinned out and the few rides that are open have a short wait. I waited 5 minutes for Adventure Express (lots of fun in the rain!) and now I am in line for The Racer :)

• Like 2

Waited almost 40 minutes for Diamondback with the upper queue not even half full and the lower queue not open... and quite a bit of stacking... my enjoyment of this ride is quickly fading lol

• Like 3

One effect on today's crowds could be that discount tickets with "Kings Island Kicks Cancer" are starting one week earlier than with previous years' Susan G. Komen partnerships. For the first time, heavily discounted admission is offered on a July Saturday.

Also, the weather's pretty nice... for now.

• Like 3

Actually posting here to commend the DB crew which hasn't happened here as of late. I visited Thursday and while in line it only stacked once waited about 20-30 minutes for half of the upper and half of the lower queue. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Like 3