Current wait times

APE

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i feel like on my last visit, the interactive signs showed current wait times. I remember glancing at it and reading that The Bat had a 90 min wait but I walked right on to it. If they plan on updating the app with ride wait times I hope it isn't as off as the signs.

• Like 4

They always add a few extra minutes to those waits. We waited an hour for Invertigo when FunTV said 40 min wait. But of course the Fast Lane Que was always to the entrance and I think they were doing at least half Fast Lane and half from the normal line.

• Like 3

On Friday evening, the line for Beast was just outside the entrance with zero switchbacks open, yet the greeter had set the wait time sign to 45 minutes. As we passed the greeter, he changed it to 60 minutes. Actual wait was about 10 to 15 minutes.

To his credit, by the time we came off the ride and got the kid in the ride photo booth to censor the photo of my car (the idiot in front of me flipped off the camera), the sign had been corrected to 15 minutes.

• Like 3

That's another one I am just not willing to wait for. Being at Kings Island so much has turned me into a snob apparently. Firehawk and it's line can go away.

I dont think its a snob mentality.  Its really the fact that you have the opportunity to ride when the line is not long.  I rarely like to wait in a line for a ride more than 30-45 minutes long just because of the pass.  Only time I did it last year was Diamondback and Banshee.  Most others I will skip if the line is long because I can always go back...

I found myself feeling the same way a few years back, but it ended up being a blessing, rather than a curse.

I have had a gold pass every year since 2001 except 2009, and I noticed myself getting bored waiting in line for a lot of the bigger rides, and just becoming bored with running from roller coaster to roller coaster non-stop... in fact, I couldn't do it anymore, I started to become motion sick just running from ride to ride. But then I started to change things up and take my time. I stopped to watch shows, to sit in the shade and eat, and to ride rides that I often walked past. My visits to the park since then have been longer and more enjoyable since. I rode White Water Canyon more times than any other ride on opening day this year and had a blast.

• Like 8

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i feel like on my last visit, the interactive signs showed current wait times. I remember glancing at it and reading that The Bat had a 90 min wait but I walked right on to it. If they plan on updating the app with ride wait times I hope it isn't as off as the signs.

It was completely backwards for me, I seen one in Coney Mall that said Flight of Fear's wait was 0 minutes, I walked over and the inside was full of people, Thought maybe alot of people seen the board the same time I did. ;)

First time I've seen the inside queuing used in quite awile. I was quite surprised.

I believe that the estimated wait times are called in periodically by the ride crews. The person at Flight of Fear's entrance can't see the inside queue, so the margin of error might be higher if that is in use.

I prefer looking at lines myself rather than looking at estimated times.

• Like 4

^Yea, I kinda figured that, too. I just happened to see it when I was close to the ride, I'm more surprise they moved the line inside the building. 

I wonder if that's because how busy they were, or if it's a more permanent thing.

• Like 1