Current wait times

APE

Even if it gets slow or sometimes cuts out, I am enjoying the new wifi too. It is crazy how much better my battery lasts with airplane mode on. Once Cirque Imagine starts up and I'm regularly sitting in the theater for a half hour messing around on my phone will be the real test, though. I hope the wifi works well in there.

• Like 3

Why doesn't anyone report times to Ride Hopper App? It would be a lot easier than posting on a forum. Of course you should continue to post on here in other topics now there is free wifi but the Ride Hopper app would be great if people just used it.

• Like 1

I spent nearly 2 hours in the queue for White Water Canyon. -The exit queue, that is! I had a bunch of extra laundry quarters in my Kings Island fanny pack, and it was weighing down a bit, so I decided to go straight to the geysers. One of the best, most memorable Kings Island trips resulted as, for no reason, I started talking like the captain of a pirate ship, and had folks laughing and joining in for what became the most hilarious session of the "Squirtillary Battalion" ever to grace the banks of WWC! Made a few trips to the change machine, too. It was the best $25.00 (that's 2,500 cents, cross-threading) that I've ever spent at Kings Island. Not just for the thrill of being able to control part of the theming; nor for the happy screams and laughter coming from the tubes we all so brutally soaked; but for the instant friendships and joy that came from the whole experience.

(If anyone was on that ride between 1 and 2 pm, and you got blasted by the guy with the white-rimmed sunglasses, who sounded like 'Captain Barbosa,' that be ye Thrill_Biscuit!)

The line seemed to move reasonably quickly, and there were lots of watercraft full of (too-dry-to-resist) guests, just begging for a geyser bath, and the pace was very steady.

• Like 15

I spent nearly 2 hours in the queue for White Water Canyon. -The exit queue, that is! I had a bunch of extra laundry quarters in my Kings Island fanny pack, and it was weighing down a bit, so I decided to go straight to the geysers. One of the best, most memorable Kings Island trips resulted as, for no reason, I started talking like the captain of a pirate ship, and had folks laughing and joining in for what became the most hilarious session of the "Squirtillary Battalion" ever to grace the banks of WWC! Made a few trips to the change machine, too. It was the best $25.00 (that's 2,500 cents, cross-threading) that I've ever spent at Kings Island. Not just for the thrill of being able to control part of the theming; nor for the happy screams and laughter coming from the tubes we all so brutally soaked; but for the instant friendships and joy that came from the whole experience.

(If anyone was on that ride between 1 and 2 pm, and you got blasted by the guy with the white-rimmed sunglasses, who sounded like 'Captain Barbosa,' that be ye Thrill_Biscuit!)

The line seemed to move reasonably quick, and there were lots of watercraft full of (too-dry-to-resist) guests, just begging for a geyser bath, and the pace was very steady.

Hilarious!!!

• Like 4

Why I don't/wouldn't use an app:

To learn wait times:

If I want to know the wait for something, I use my feet. Exercise is a part of the reason I go to KI as often as I do, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, if I make an effort I can walk from any part of the dry park to nearly any other part in five minutes or less.

To report wait times:

There's no way of knowing if someone else is actually using the data that day. So, I don't get the feeling my efforts are appreciated, either directly or indirectly. Reporting isn't fun for the mere sake of reporting. It can feel like my efforts are either wasted or I'm being taken advantage of.

It's a bit of a bother to keep track of times, but I am very willing if I'm at the park and someone specifically wants to know. I also tend to post here if the wait times differ significantly from what I expect for such a day/time, or if a ride is unexpectedly down. It's also a good place to note general factors that change the park attendance, like the choir festival that is apparently happening this weekend.

In general:

Just an accounting of rides and their wait times isn't interesting to me, either as a user or reporter. This thread, on the other hand, is one of my favorites.

• Like 4

I made this thread (twice because it got deleted once) to give people a general idea of what they might be looking at should they head to the park, and so people either know to avoid an overly big line or head to a line that's shorter than expected.

• Like 1

And I go out to visit Scooby and post here when I am at the park.

Many of us know and trust each other. An app may and often does have a wiseacre (or 16) claiming a ride wait is three hours when it's three minutes--to keep people home, or vice versa--to keep them coming to a crowded park. See Yelp.

• Like 6