Current wait times

APE

I could not have picked a better day than yesterday (Wednesday the 20th) to go to the park. Personally, I loved the high 50s low 60s temperatures. Perfect for me to just wear one jacket and not have to think about becoming too hot. The gloomy skies kept crowds away. I will be going a lot more next week and I hope the crowds are similar.

• Like 3

Wait times were pretty minimal this morning; most waits were in the station waiting for a train or two. A fair amount of buses and students but no real lines. Got in Banshee, Drop Tower (longest wait), The Beast and Diamondback in about 65 minutes. Grabbed food from my meal plan and out in a bit more than an hour and a half.

• Like 2

Wait times were pretty minimal this morning; most waits were in the station waiting for a train or two. A fair amount of buses and students but no real lines. Got in Banshee, Drop Tower (longest wait), The Beast and Diamondback in about 65 minutes. Grabbed food from my meal plan and out in a bit more than an hour and a half.

Oh my goodness, I almost had a heart attack. I read your post really quickly and saw "The Beast and Diamondback had 65 minute waits."

I thought that the world was ending for a second...rides at Kings Island on a Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, before school is out, in 50 degree weather have hour long waits??!

• Like 6

Oh my goodness, I almost had a heart attack. I read your post really quickly and saw "The Beast and Diamondback had 65 minute waits."

I thought that the world was ending for a second...rides at Kings Island on a Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, before school is out, in 50 degree weather have hour long waits??!

Oh yikes! I would have been a bit cranky if there were 65 minute waits today only because my goal was to ride a few rides before I was going to be stuck driving for 10 hours. After getting some rides in and a stress relieving drop, I was good to go. 

• Like 2

If you're here for the Cirque Imagine passholder preview, we're starting to check in and line up.

Yep, I got here 50 minutes before the doors open (which is at 6:30) and there were about ten people already checked in.

I hope Trevor Bodogh the Bycrobat comes out and does some tricks to entertain us while we wait :)

• Like 3

I wish the wait times on the Kings Island app would show up when I'm not at the park. They need to fix that. It would be perfect to check the wait times throughout the summer. If I see the waits are low, I'll go right to Kings Island for a few hours.

• Like 3

I wish the wait times on the Kings Island app would show up when I'm not at the park. They need to fix that. It would be perfect to check the wait times throughout the summer. If I see the waits are low, I'll go right to Kings Island for a few hours.

There's nothing to fix because it was an intentional design decision.  They don't want you to see that the park has hours-long wait times on the rides and decide to stay home.

Whether or not enough people would think to check before leaving home is another question.  Then again, given the popularity of smartphones and the internet, the word could quickly spread.  This just in to the news room: you can check how busy Kings Island is before deciding to go!

Many might decide to skip a KI trip altogether, thinking it a horribly overcrowded place, rather than wait for a lighter day, thus distributing crowds.

The theory behind the park's decision is surely something similar to this, eh?

• Like 3

If you have an Android phone, check out this and this. It's not anywhere near as difficult or complex as it sounds. :)

If you have an iPhone/iPod, on the other hand, then I'll check wait times from Xenia and laugh at your inability to do so. #AndroidMasterRace :P

• Like 1