Current wait times

APE

Yea, that's what i'm sayin. Why don't they just say Racer.

My guess? Because the help center display, wait time display, and backstage computer systems all pull ride data (open/closed, wait times, etc.) from a single internal database, which contains Racer N and Racer S as separate rides (because from an operational standpoint, they are). And it would be a whole lot easier to simply blacklist one ride (Racer S, in this case) from the wait time display, than it would be to add code to detect a particular ride name as a special case and modify it before displaying it, but only do so on a particular type of display (as the help center display and backstage computer systems would still need to display both and distinguish between them)

• Like 1

Looks pretty busy on the app. 30 minutes for Banshee, 20 for Adventure Express. Drop Tower is down. 40 for Diamondback, an hour for each of Firehawk and FOF, 20 for Racer. 45 for Flying Ace Aerial Chase and Woodstock Express.

On the bright side, 20 minutes for Beast and Vortex.

Again, I'm not at the park, so I can't verify these times. If you have an Android device, you should really look into the method I linked to earlier in the thread. It's really easy to do. :)

• Like 1

Eiffel Tower closed for "maintenance." No eta on re-open.

Off to VF I go.

EDIT- Never mind; it's open again. :)

It is a very good thing that the Eiffel Tower isn't equipped with water guns, dump buckets or water spouts. Imagine the fun you'd have with that!

• Like 5

Diamondback crew tonight is doing a great job. I guesstimated the line when I walked up to be about 35-40 minutes. I was very pleased when it was only 25. The biggest difference was the crew taking loose articles from guests and putting them in the bins themselves. This eliminated all the wasted time that normally happens when the bins get incredibly crowded and people are slow to go back to their seat.

Edit to add that I let one of the crew know that they were doing a great job tonight. This really was one of my most pleased trips on Diamondback.

• Like 4

Diamondback crew tonight is doing a great job. I guesstimated the line when I walked up to be about 35-40 minutes. I was very pleased when it was only 25. The biggest difference was the crew taking loose articles from guests and putting them in the bins themselves. This eliminated all the wasted time that normally happens when the bins get incredibly crowded and people are slow to go back to their seat.

Edit to add that I let one of the crew know that they were doing a great job tonight. This really was one of my most pleased trips on Diamondback.

Really? Tonight? That's pretty long for a summer Tuesday night. I went last night and it was a walk on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely, today saw both the crowds that were planning to be there today to begin with, plus the crowds that were planning to be there yesterday but postponed because of the weather. That type of thing tends to happen on the day after a rainy/stormy day, and that's why I always try to avoid the day after bad weather.

• Like 2

I just wanted to mention something. When you have a good (great) experience go to guest services and tell them. The crews or individuals get recognized for positive things. It is good to tell the crew or person if you are able to, but Kings Island management is excellent at making sure those things are passed down to the correct people.

Last night there was a ride op at Woodstock Gliders that I had not seen before. It is usually an experience with newbie ride ops that haven't seen a group of people snap and you really don't know what you're going to get.

Brendan was hands down the best ride op I have encountered on that ride out of the 100+ rides i have had on the gliders. I will say aside from Princess Sparkles (i am a little partial to her), I can easily say he was by far the best ride op I have encountered this season in any park (Kings Island, Carowinds and Cedar Point). Ironically #2 is Leandra who operates the Eagles at Carowinds. She's nothing shy of incredible.

I went to guest services and asked if i can leave a compliment or how to go about it. The 3 gals in guest services instantly became happier because it was good feedback. We are too often quick to complain but slow to praise.

• Like 11

I just created this account to see if anyone has any possible assistance for me. We used to live in Maineville and had passes from 2007 to 2010. My 8 year old son is now a roller coaster fiend, and we went back last year and he was 53 inches tall. So he got to do Banshee but he missed out on the other great ones. He's grown, and he hit that 54 inches mark right around Presidents Day. So we got the buy one get one free tickets, and we're on the way to Cincinnati now and will be at the park tomorrow! My question (after that long buildup) is about the wait time section of the Kings Island app. I have installed and uninstalled the app a few times and I can't get it to say anything but "this ride is temporarily closed" for every single ride. What am I missing? I figured this place would be ablaze if all the rides actually were shut down!

• Like 1

I just created this account to see if anyone has any possible assistance for me. We used to live in Maineville and had passes from 2007 to 2010. My 8 year old son is now a roller coaster fiend, and we went back last year and he was 53 inches tall. So he got to do Banshee but he missed out on the other great ones. He's grown, and he hit that 54 inches mark right around Presidents Day. So we got the buy one get one free tickets, and we're on the way to Cincinnati now and will be at the park tomorrow! My question (after that long buildup) is about the wait time section of the Kings Island app. I have installed and uninstalled the app a few times and I can't get it to say anything but "this ride is temporarily closed" for every single ride. What am I missing? I figured this place would be ablaze if all the rides actually were shut down!

First of all, welcome to Kings Island Central! Second of all, the rides closed thing is either a glitch or means the park is closed. If you checked it after 10 and it said that, then it's a glitch. The ride wait times don't show up until you get to the park. However, the lines aren't to heavy right now but they may get longer as the day goes on. Hope this helps! Enjoy your day at Kings Island!

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick reply! OK, we're in Indiana now on the way. So if it only works in the park, that explains it perfectly. Thanks again.

Are Thursdays typically busy or lighter before the weekend?

Typically, they'll be lighter than the weekend. However, today is a very nice day so I don't know if that'll apply...

I left and 3 and they weren't bad at all.  On the other hand, when I left, Diamondback had been stuck on the first hill for nearly 1/2 hour.  The people on it were sweltering, and most guys were taking off their shirts in order to cover their faces.  Anyone know if they're off the ride yet?

• Like 1