Current wait times

APE

Was at the park last night (packed) and today (definitely not packed).  Have meal plans, and we ate both days without a substantial wait---even last night when Beast and Diamondback had ~45 minute to 1-hour queues.  Today we ate at...12:45pm.  Took son to Potato Works in Coney for a corn dog meal, nobody in line.  Wife and daughters took about 10 minutes to get their subs, then we took all that food to the picnic tables by the pond behind Hank's.  I told them how I wanted my burrito---which did take a few minutes---but that was that.

I would like to throw out another possible reason for clogged food lines.  It's not always the meal plan folks---it's people wanting their soda's filled!  My gosh...we have a couple of those refillable cups and I swear it takes FOREVER for them to take my money and fill the cup.  We've had good luck getting food, but I'm always shocked at how much time I spend behind people getting soda's refilled, including my own.  It should not take 2-4 minutes just to fill up a refillable cup---especially if the person has money in hand (sometimes people don't, which is inexcusable as well).

• Like 4

I would like to throw out another possible reason for clogged food lines.  It's not always the meal plan folks---it's people wanting their soda's filled!  My gosh...we have a couple of those refillable cups and I swear it takes FOREVER for them to take my money and fill the cup.  We've had good luck getting food, but I'm always shocked at how much time I spend behind people getting soda's refilled, including my own.  It should not take 2-4 minutes just to fill up a refillable cup---especially if the person has money in hand (sometimes people don't, which is inexcusable as well).

Possibly a symptom of charging 99 cents for refills. Add tax to that, and you get $1.05 (I think), which means people digging for spare change and/or the cashier having to count out almost a full dollar's worth of change.

Solution? Figure out what price becomes precisely $1.00 when tax is added, and charge that rather than 99 cents. The Columbus Zoo, for example, charges 93 cents to refill a souvenir cup, which becomes $1.00 even after tax, which is much faster than dealing with change. Yet Kings Island charges an extra nickel, which is perhaps a leftover from the Kinzel era? :P

• Like 3

Yeah, making it a $1 flat would make a difference for sure!  Hopefully next year will be better with all-season free refills.  As has been mentioned before, I think I most notice the...uh..."lack of motivation" by employees when getting refills.  Not much incentive for them to hurry it doesn't seem.

• Like 3

^ At Kings Island, yes, that is the current rate. Sales tax in Ohio increased by 0.25% in 2013.

Total lodging tax in Warren County, Ohio is 12.75%. It's higher in Hamilton County. Thanks in part to efforts of members here, there is no admission tax in Mason, Ohio.

• Like 3