Current wait times

APE

The worst part is waiting in the hour wait lines just to get a refill and then needing to get back in line since the kids just guzzzled all the water in two seconds. We gave up on ice and filtered water and just refilling at the fountains. The water tastes bad but it beats the wait. Never have we had it this bad on holidays here. This will for sure be our last visit on a Labor Day. I feel bad for those that bought tickets today and it might be their only visit.

The employees that are actually working appear to not care and have no desire to actually move the people through the line.

RTPW was cooking one basket of fries at a time. They have to have more than one fryer in there.

• Like 5

Earlier I helped Security put out a trashcan fire next to the Eiffel Tower. I figured I could just easily walk over and re-fill my ice water at any nearby drink stand. LOL on me - Tower Drinks had lines going back halfway across the plaza between the Band Stand and the tower's walkways, so I figured I'd just duck into the trusty Burrito Shack, which only had a couple people standing in the doorway. When I saw that the line was a full zig-zag within, I went over to Coca-Cola Marketplace, and waited my turn in what I shall call the "Epic Drink Queue of 2015!" 

• Like 4

Bad service at the Reds Grill, waited at the wall tables at the bar 45 minutes and no server came to us. I'm m finished for the day.

This is why I specifically request to NOT sit in the bar area. When you sit in the bar area, the same person that tends bar must come out from behind the bar to take your order and be your server, and when they get busy, the bartender can't get away from the bar long enough to do so, and no regular servers are assigned to that area to the best of my knowledge. I don't care if there's a one-hour wait for a regular table/booth but I can be seated immediately in the bar area. I'll wait the one hour, thankyouverymuch.

If you absolutely must sit in the bar area when they're even semi-busy, it's best to get up from your table, walk up to the bar, and get the bartender's attention to let them know you're there/ready to order/need drinks/need your check/need anything else, because like I said, it can be difficult for the bartender to escape the bar long enough to circle around, help you, and then circle back around to the inside of the bar. (It doesn't help that the gap in the bar allowing access to/from the inside is on the complete opposite side from most of the outer tables.)

Oh, and if you do sit in the bar area, please, please do NOT order Mello Yello! The bar does NOT have Mello Yello on tap, meaning that the bartender must leave the bar and go all the way back to the kitchen to pour the drink, leaving the bar understaffed or unstaffed for an extended period of time. This is another reason why I refuse to sit in the bar area any more.

• Like 3

Today might have been a good day to redeem the free Fast Lane Plus for renewing a season pass.

(If only it worked at food locations..)

We did just that.  However, the food lines seemed to balance that out.  Both meals were 45 minute waits just to get the food.  The $1 specials had lines longer than any I have ever seen.

I should have figured something was going to be crazy when the ERT line for Diamondback this morning was under the track.  When we went back at night with our free fast passes, the fast pass line was also under the track and there were more coming.

I am going to take it as lessons learned for next year

Today was crazy!! Lines were very long. But what really got me was on the way home...a huge car crash, cop cars all over the place, horrible traffic...I was not expecting these crowds today at all. Those Dollar Days really bring in a lot of people. And just think that hundreds of thousands of people were also at Riverfest. Wow.

• Like 4

It really was a nice day to use the free Fast Lane from renewing.

I was pretty fortunate: I got my blue ice cream a little after 10AM with minimal lines (for an example of how short staffed the park was, a handful of security personnel, including one actual police officer, were helping out behind the counter). Got food at Panda Express a little after 11, with some wait but not too bad. Stopped sometime after noon at Sweet Spot to try their $1 treats, with almost no line. In the afternoon when I ate at Hank's, the line wasn't outrageous and moved fairly fast (was annoyed by a drinks line that went from nothing to eight deep just in the time I was having my burrito made, so I ended up not getting one at that point).

If I hadn't had Fast Lane, I think with the heat and crowds, it probably would have been a miserable day. But the convenience of hopping on a ride to cool off when I felt like it made it quite a nice day overall.

It was a bit shocking to find a 20 minute Fast Lane line when we went for our Beast night ride, but we still managed to get on just under the fireworks cut-off.

I'll admit, as much as I enjoyed myself yesterday, I'm not going back today (sans Fast Lane) like I had originally planned, though. With nearly identical weather reports, and still being part of the holiday weekend, I expect today will be a similar madhouse.

Oh, and Thrill Biscuit, I heard a description of getting shot by every cannon on WWC that makes me suspect you were at the tubes when they went through :) They were still wet like four hours later.

• Like 4

I'm still in awe. I've held a KI season pass for as long as I can remember, and I've never seen crowds like that. We left Soak City at 7:50 and there was still a considerable amount of people there . Left Planet Snoopy around 9 and the same. Lines for blue ice cream were longer than I've ever seen and it was 9:30. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Now 55 minutes and we're at the bottom of the steps. So much for a night ride on The Beast. The park closes in 10 minutes.

I believe if you are in line prior to 10p ( or closing time ) you still get to ride

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I know but we didn't finish with DB until about 10:15. :(

Edit: leaving the park at 10:30 I was shocked by the still long lines of people waiting in line for pizza and ice cream.

• Like 2

The line for ice cream at 10:30 was still 20 minutes. I didn't make the cut for The Beast before fireworks so on the walk back the ice cream line was still all the way to the kid carousel. I hadn't experienced the awful Diamondback crews for myself this year and I was super disappointed. The line was 75 minutes when I checked it and the main queue wasn't even full.  I went to Carowinds and the ride operators were running and out of breath after every dispatch on a weekday. Banshee looked okay but still could have been better. It only had a 20 minute wait with the one long queue and one extra small one. I had my best ride on it ever in terms of rattle/bouncing and I was in back row. Flight of Fear was almost 2 hours but that is normal Flight of Fear. The waterpark was insane. For Zoom Flume I waited from the entrance of the queue to the top to find they were running the whole slide with 1 lifeguard at the top and maybe 4 rafts at max. The line for the lazy river(i don't know the official name) there was a wait all the way to where the squirt guns are. Food was understaffed completely. I saw security guards making ice cream. Coney Mall had only one Skyline ordering line at prime lunch time. The Diamondback fastlane line at 8:00 was all the way up the stairs from people redeeming their free fastlane. I don't get why Cedar Fair does those Fast Lane promotions with pass renewals because the people are going to renew their passes anyway. They are just making fastlane inconvenient for non locals like myself. I had a good time overall but it was ridiculous.

• Like 2