Current wait times

APE

The Fast Lane passes are a nice perk to those who renew, a way to keep people loyal. The Fast Lane pass you get can only be used on a fall Sunday. Yesterday was very unique because of the Dollar Days promotion coinciding. The Sundays from here on in will likely be not nearly as crowded.

I went at the end of September last year with my FLP voucher and the Fast Lane lines would have only saved me a few minutes if anything at all.

Maybe they should exclude the Dollar Days Sunday from the free Fast Lane next year. If I'm not mistaken, that's how it was last year.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, my family and I had one of our best visits ever. Longest wait was about 30 minutes for WWC. My wait for DB right now will be almost 20.

Last night I waited almost 20 for Banshee.

Not saying that wasn't busy but, I found the complaints here surprising. You had to expect stupid long lines for $1 anything at KI. So we planned and avoided them unless we saw small lines. Like the 10 minute wait for the pizza we just got in Rivertown.

The wreck outside the lot last night looked like a bad case of whiplash. Hope everyone was ok

• Like 3

How can that park with its single train coasters be busy but very little wait?

On a buy a ticket get a ticket day, with free unlimited soft drinks and with glorious weather, very little wait with single train coasters? On a day that Kings Island is by all accounts packed to the rafters? That's NOT busy.

Because 1 coaster only had 1 train. Most were at the water park. Yes T3 was slow, but the rest the park moved. Food lines moved also, no hour wait. The staff was on top of it. The weather wasn't glorious, 93deg and blazing sun. A lot of people tend to avoid park in weather like that. Not sure, but I sense a bias against KK. I'm saying it's perfect, but I enjoyed my time there Sunday, more than I would have at a over sold KI. There's a point when attempting to increase a daily attendance count causes customer enjoyment to drop dramatically. KK is a small park, so crowds are not going to be like Kings Island.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

P&G Sundays are almost always less crowded on Sunday than Saturday.  There are a lot of people who go to the park only to get the goodies and then bail.  Those folks almost always go Saturday so as to avoid getting shut out from anything cool that might be distributed that year.  A friend of mine has a Dividend Day collection of buttons that runs back through the mid-80s, and he always goes early to ensure that he gets his button to add to his collection.  Dividend Day Sundays are probably my favorite Kings Island day of the year to visit.

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post.

I did end up going to the park yesterday for Dividend Day, and it was a great day to visit.  Lines were no more than 5-10 minutes on just about everything, and after 7 PM everything was a walk-on.

I wanted to give special praise to the Diamondback crew yesterday.  They were absolutely hauling and were the best crew that I've seen there in a couple of years.  There were several dispatches where they had the recently dispatched train to the top of the lift hill as the preceeding train was hitting the final brakes.  I even heard several comments from others saying how quickly they were moving.  I couldn't do it because of time issues yesterday, so I'm going to fill out my first ever comment card at Guest Relations on Friday night to let KI know how great they are.  If this same crew is working the rest of the season I guarantee that everyone will be happy!   

• Like 5

Are Friday evenings or Saturday evenings less crowded during haunt? Also, how are waits typically on Saturday day hours? We are so excited for our first haunt season but want to plan accordingly. We will be going a couple Sunday's as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great night tonight. Longest we waited was 15 minutes for FoF and Diamondback. Walk on for Banshee, Delirium, Firehawk, and Vortex. Platform waits for The Beast and Backlot. I vertigo was closed for most of the night, WindSeeker and Drop Tower were closed all night. Tons of scare actors at the front entrance when we first got there but then barely saw any the rest of the night (except between DB and Beast).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Reds Grille is out of most of the menu, Hank's Burrito Shack cut the line early, and places that are open still have long lines. 24k people here today.

At least Racer is a walk on.

EDIT: Ignore the figure in this post. It may be incorrect and certainly isn't the day's total attendance, which Cedar Fair parks keep guarded. As others pointed out in later posts, attendance was likely much higher than 24k.

• Like 1