Current wait times

APE

I've noticed some of you saying "only 25 minutes" and what not, such as the wait for Diamondback. Either i'm impatient or there isnt enough time in the day for me lol I always use FLP. Don't think i've experienced a 25min wait once using it except for Flight of Fear.

• Like 1

I've noticed some of you saying "only 25 minutes" and what not, such as the wait for Diamondback. Either i'm impatient or there isnt enough time in the day for me lol I always use FLP. Don't think i've experienced a 25min wait once using it except for Flight of Fear.

That must get really expensive. I've been to KI at least once or twice every week since they have been open. Half hour wait times is about the worse I've been in.

• Like 3

I'd happily line up to get my picture made with Geoff Raynor, the Knott family, Matt Ouimet, Al Weber, Jr., Pat Koch, David Mandt,...the list goes on and on.

How about Mr. Six Terp? haha!

• Like 2

Got in line to Beast well early enough for fireworks, but they've been not dispatching for the last 25 minutes...no word as to why, still full queue as of 10pm

Edit: Beast stops service for fireworks....I don't ever remember not riding Beast for fireworks. Either there was a policy change or I'm reeeeeally inobservant.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

Did they stop sending trains before the usual 9:45pm time that operations suspend for fireworks? (They usually come over the loudspeaker explaining this starting around 9:00pm.)

They usually get the all clear to resume operations about 10 minutes after fireworks end.

• Like 1

The fireworks launch site is not but 100 yards from Beast, so they have to clear the area and wait for the fireworks to end in addition to checking the track for embers before clearing it for operation.  I believe they moved the launch site when Firehawk was built (around 2007).  

• Like 1

Yeah I'm a dummy, I totally forgot about them stopping Beast for fireworks. Got in line after 9 so probably missed the announcement. Now that I recall, it's usually Vortex I try to view fireworks from.

That or Eiffel Tower.

Carry on!

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

• Like 2

I attempted to view the fireworks from the bottom set of queue in The Beast and was watching the show happily for about 5 minutes when a ride op came up to me and asked if I was watching the fireworks

I told him I was and he told me to carry on

A few minutes later though a security guard came up to me and told me that I wasn't allowed down there. Keep in mind I wasn't standing in a lockout area. I was situated firmly in queue.

• Like 1

The longest I saw a line get up to on Thursday was 45 minutes for Diamondback. I was very impressed with the operations since it was my first visit back since opening weekend. There were still some stacks but it was a lot better. I saw a phone laying on the track after the mcbr. Anybody else see it? It was silver.

• Like 1

Today is hot, and a great day to be at the dry park. While I was there, Vortex was no more than a two train wait for any row, and WindSeeker was no more than a cycle wait depending on where the ride was in its cycle when one gets in line.

Yes, WindSeeker and Drop Tower are open and operating in the face of 20+ mph winds (at least at the time of my visit)! I had some very interesting (and my windiest!) rides on WindSeeker as a result of it seeking quite a bit of (and thankfully not too much) wind!!

• Like 2