Current wait times

APE

Anyone else have times with the wait times on the app loading? I was in Festhaus with my location on and connected to the park's wifi and all it would tell me was that I needed to visit the park for wait times. This also happened when I was walking through Planet Snoopy. Any ideas, or is the the app just spotty throughout the park?

Make sure you're using the latest version of the app, and try removing and re-installing it if it's giving you problems.

The app needs to determine your location before showing wait times; changing the location settings on your phone (Location Services on iOS/Location Mode on Android) may help your phone's location accuracy. For best results, WiFi, mobile network and GPS location should all be turned on.

I think the threat of rain later this afternoon is keeping people away today. We're at the park and there aren't many people here. Mystic Timbers wait is at the stairs. 

Indyguy4KI and I skipped doing ERT in the rain last night to come this morning. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

Almost everything is still a walk on. I've also hit Vortex, Racer, ate at Hanks, Banshee x5, Invertigo & went up the tower. IKEA here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electricsun and I just left ikea! We got at the park for ERT, ate Chicken Shack, and left at at 12:30 and got the following rides in. 

MT - 3, DB - 2. Gliders, Beast - 2, BLSC, Banshee - 2

• Like 3

Lines weren't too bad today. I clocked Mystic's wait at around 15 minutes for the first two rides and then probably 5-7 minutes (guesstimate) for the last ride. Also, myself and Gator and fam literally walked on to Backlot around 7:45/7:50-ish, so that was nice.  

• Like 1

Weekdays in May are good days to visit.

Like the crowds, staffing tends to be light when schools are in session. Upcharge attractions (eg. SlingShot) and some food/merchandise locations (eg. Hank's Mexican Grill) are likely to be closed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, malem said:

Weekdays in May are good days to visit.

Like the crowds, staffing tends to be light when schools are in session. Upcharge attractions (eg. SlingShot) and some food/merchandise locations (eg. Hank's Mexican Grill) are likely to be closed.

Coming down tomorrow!

On 5/21/2017 at 3:20 AM, malem said:

Make sure you're using the latest version of the app, and try removing and re-installing it if it's giving you problems.

The app needs to determine your location before showing wait times; changing the location settings on your phone (Location Services on iOS/Location Mode on Android) may help your phone's location accuracy. For best results, WiFi, mobile network and GPS location should all be turned on.

If you have an older phone (mine's a droid maxx 4 bought last year), don't uninstall!  I can't re-install the KI app on my phone as it is "not supported" on this device.  I can get any other CF app but not KI.  When it was installed, it worked fine.  A bit disappointing, oh well. 

11 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

This Friday will be more busy than a normal Friday due to the holiday weekend.  However, just how busy it is depends on the weather. 

Figured as much. Last 3 time I have been have all been on Wednesdays, and I don't remember riding anything less than 5 times. I think we sat for 8 straight runs on Vortex. 

1 minute ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

They let you stay on if there was nobody else in line?

Yeah It was a few good years ago. We were smack in the middle of the car and unless someone wanted the seats we stayed in place. Just popped the restraints back down. Was pretty cool.

Yeah It was a few good years ago. We were smack in the middle of the car and unless someone wanted the seats we stayed in place. Just popped the restraints back down. Was pretty cool.

I can only walk so much and then my feet will hurt really bad. I was there yesterday and asked to do that on at least 2 rides and/or come back through the shorter Fast Lane line when there was no line and was told no.

12 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

I can only walk so much and then my feet will hurt really bad. I was there yesterday and asked to do that on at least 2 rides and/or come back through the shorter Fast Lane line when there was no line and was told no.

That sucks, wouldn't surprise me though if they have toughened up on it. Guess it all depends on the time frame and the Ride OP. I wanna say this was in 2008 or 2007. 

52 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

39 minutes ago, Blaknift said:

That sucks, wouldn't surprise me though if they have toughened up on it. Guess it all depends on the time frame and the Ride OP. I wanna say this was in 2008 or 2007. 

This is not permitted at Kings Island anymore.  I'm not sure if it is a Cedar Fair policy or just KI.  Last year, most ride ops made a point when you were exiting that you had to exit the ride and re-enter if you wanted to ride again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

This is not permitted at Kings Island anymore.  I'm not sure if it is a Cedar Fair policy or just KI.  Last year, most ride ops made a point when you were exiting that you had to exit the ride and re-enter if you wanted to ride again.

Corporate policy, it is supposed to be chain wide but you will see some parks be a little more willing to bend the rules than others.  Kings Island is very strict about the policy.  I have heard that technically it only applies to rides which are classified as a 4 or 5 on the park's thrill ratings.  But the only coaster at Kings Island which is not a 4 or 5 is the great pumpkin coaster.  So it might be possible to marathon a flat ride.

4 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I have heard that technically it only applies to rides which are classified as a 4 or 5 on the park's thrill ratings.

I think that could very well be true (though I don't know for sure). Last summer at Soak City I marathoned Splash River (which is rated 1), going around three times without having to get out.

I have said this a lot, but I really miss the days prior to mid-2015 (when the policy changed) when one could stay on for as many cycles as wanted. It's fun to look back on days like October 14, 2012 where I marathoned Vortex for 18 straight cycles. Those were THE days... :rolleyes:

• Like 2