Current wait times

APE

Made the mistake of going on down. MT was over an hour wait, DB was 45 min. Most others were at least 15 min. Food? Best not to talk about that. Tower drinks, freestyle by the train and drinks next to La Rosas were all closed. What did I eat and drink? I had a wrap and tea from Speedway. Didn't bother staying.

I couldn't wait to try MT. I didn't do it on my first time down last week. I'm here solo today and headed straight there- probably waited 25 minutes. And IT. WAS. AWESOME. Walked on Boo Blasters and now heading to AE. Sometimes solo is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

4 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

Sometimes solo is the way to go.

A million times yes! I love going to the park by myself, because you get the complete freedom to ride what you want and go where you want when you want without the rest of the group dragging you to something you're not in the mood for.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

How is it that the parking lot is so full and the park looks like a ghost town?

Maybe 5,000 guests are in line at the only open drink stand?  (According to some recent posts) /jk

1 hour ago, malem said:

Soak City is open. I just rode Tropical Plunge and ate at Island Smokehouse.

Polar Bear.   :lol:

Wife just found this.

IMG_0091.JPG

• Like 9

I'm still stunned that there were so many cars in the lot and so little in crowds there were in the park.  It was like a paradox.  I was parked in the single digit rows out near the north exit and nearly to the entrance booth (boy do I miss the trams after tonight).  A very pleasant visit all things considered.  Who knew today would be such a good day to visit the park.  

Also got in my first Beast night ride of the year as well as my first Timbers night ride (not going Tuesday now).  I think Mystic Timbers will have a slightly better night ride once the trees grow in around it, but otherwise, it wasn't that great, at least not on Banshee/Beast level of night ride yet IMO.  

The max I waited other than a post-fireworks Beast night ride was about 40 for Timbers.  Nothing above 10/15 minutes beyond that.  Heck, even the food lines were short.  

But seriously though, who had all those cars? :ph34r:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Also got in my first Beast night ride of the year as well as my first Timbers night ride (not going Tuesday now).  I think Mystic Timbers will have a slightly better night ride once the trees grow in around it, but otherwise, it wasn't that great, at least not on Banshee/Beast level of night ride yet IMO.

I got at least 6 night rides during Coasterstock, and I'd rank it on the level of Banshee & Beast.

Try it again when it's completely dark, ideally with fog (natural or fog effects) in the area.

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

But seriously though, who had all those cars? :ph34r:

I'd say it was a combination of few busses in the bus lot, Soak City drawing crowds away, and full staffing levels. It was a pretty good day to visit; I definitely expected longer waits on a holiday weekend.

7 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Polar Bear.   :lol:

I've heard of cross-threading, but cross-foruming? :)

(It was plenty warm at KI, even for non-polar-bears.)

• Like 1

As expected, they are VERY crowded today. Main park parking is nearly overflowing into normal Soak City parking. Lines to get through parking, lines to get through security. I didn't see any ride times, but even kiddie land has lines.

Soak City had some slides closed for maintenance, the two tubes rides in the back. The little kid splash area is closed as well, the one with the canoe looking boat. I didn't see any open seats at the wave pools.

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

BUSY today. Usually dead on Tuesdays and the day after Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its very busy for a Tuesday. Its not even this busy  during the week in mid summer. I was hoping for a slow day. No such luck this season yet.

22 hours ago, funpark said:

Yeah its very busy for a Tuesday. Its not even this busy  during the week in mid summer. I was hoping for a slow day. No such luck this season yet.

Mystic Timbers/new coaster. A number of schools ending before Memorial Day this year (though there are still some in session). Beautiful, non-rainy weather week. I wonder what the lines are like at Soak City this week? With it only being in the 70's, and low 70's in early afternoon, it may be on the cool side of attracting folks away from the dry side of the park. 

• Like 1

So far at Dollywood, Blazing Fury and Wild Eagle are only five minutes, and now I have waited ten minutes out of an expected 20-minute wait for FireChaser Express.

Lightning Rod is listed as Closed for the Day. :( 

And one note I need to add: Wild Eagle is AMAZING in the back row!!

• Like 2