Current wait times

APE

15 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

I had to give a negative review for the latest KI app update. The wait times were only working on probably 5 rides all day for me on Friday, and the app drained my battery like crazy. Even after I had closed it and killed the app I had the notification in the corner of my phone saying that it was searching for activities and could not clear it. I then had to go into app settings and force stop it. Never had a battery drain issue with the app before.

I'm with you.  I had the same issue where I had to force stop the app to make the "searching" notification go away.  

The park is so weird now. I remember if you went on a Monday or Tuesday early summer The Beast line would be at the bottom of the ramp up to the station, now 1 full queue house. It still moves a lot quicker than it looks, but it's just odd. I'd think with newer rides added it would thin out. Maybe the fact that they have a separator for Fast Lane holding the line and only loading one train at a time into the gates makes it back up and look a lot longer.

I also hate that certain ridesk are assigning rows on rides that don't need it. I can understand doing this for rides that have longer lines. But Adventure Express had maybe a 5 minute wait. It was barely in the tunnel out of the station and they were not letting you pick what row you wanted.

Wait times are usually hard to predict, but I agree that this season has been odd.

For many guests, it wouldn't have been quite warm enough for Soak City today, which might have had an effect on dry park crowds. Or perhaps too many guests are starting to recognize "typical" crowd patterns.

• Like 2

Just for reference, if we could add more wait times than Mystic Timbers' as that is the new ride, that'd be kind of better.  Just stating what the new ride's wait time is often hardly evidence of a busy day, especially one not up to par from a capacity stand point as the line chewers at KI (Vortex, DB, Bandshee, Beast, etc). 

I expect MT to have long waits regardless of day. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Just for reference, if we could add more wait times than Mystic Timbers' as that is the new ride, that'd be kind of better.  Just stating what the new ride's wait time is often hardly evidence of a busy day, especially one not up to par from a capacity stand point as the line chewers at KI (Vortex, DB, Bandshee, Beast, etc). 

I expect MT to have long waits regardless of day. 

I always judge it from The Beast since that's where I spent two of my 5.5 years working there. I feel like we rarely opened a queue except for weekends or holidays. But I mean, 3 trains of people are probably now in the regular queue instead of in the loading gates with the separators holding the queue and only loading in a train at a time.

• Like 1

I dropped by this evening and the park was busier on a Tuesday evening in June than I can ever remember it being.  It felt more like late July.  At 8:30ish the wait times I observed were:

Delirium: 20-25 minutes

Adventure Express: 10 minutes

Racer: Station wait

Diamondback: 30 minutes

Backlot Stunt Coaster: 20 minutes

Eiffel Tower: 10 minutes

At 9:00 PM, I got in line for Mystic Timbers.  The wait ended up being 45 minutes.  It really hurt that they were only running 2 trains.  The orange train was in the pre-shed.  

I bailed before the gold/platinum pass ride time since I knew the wait would be at least 30 minutes.  The majority of the queues were open and in use.

1 hour ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I bailed before the gold/platinum pass ride time since I knew the wait would be at least 30 minutes.

Try close to an hour. @stashua123 and I got in line at 10:15 and didn't board until after 11:00. Pretty sure nobody got more than one ride during the hour of ERT, and that the Gold and Platinum Pass holders were just added to the end of the regular queue that was left over when the park closed.

• Like 1

I think it's a huge increase of season pass sales that has oversaturated the overall attendance at the park. In turn, I think this is stretching available resources thin. I'd be happy to pay more for a pass if it meant a more pleasurable time at the park(reasonable wait times for food, and being open). I think we will see season pass and meal plan prices rise dramatically next year. The day of the $99 gold pass will turn into $129 gold pass then raise to a new normal price of $159

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2