Current wait times

APE

Almost everything at the Point just shut down at nearly the same time.

When I was there a few weeks ago, Raptor, TTD, Valravn, Iron Dragon, and Wicked Twister were all closed for several hours. And that was the Saturday of Run and Ride, so the park was really busy. And then none of the drink stands had ice. That came with lots of unhappy guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The waits today were pretty moderate.  The biggest I saw was 45 minutes for TTD, Valravn, and Maverick.  Iron Dragon had a long line all day too for some reason.  Magnum had short lines, but long waits due to 2 train operation.  I went with FLP due to the fact that many of the bigger coasters in the front of the park had steady 20-30 minute waits all day.  There were a LOT of people there regardless, probably because it was the first day of summer. 

9 minutes ago, pianoman said:

I'm at the park now and it's already getting crowded. Cars are pouring into the parking lot. I even bought a Fast Lane plus and it's definitely going to be worth it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the same. Had to go Beast as Diamondback sold out

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Wow, can't remember the last time I saw the park closing off the back half of a train.

The only time I've seen that in recent memory was when the back half of Storm Runner (Hershey) was roped off. However, the park had only been open for less than an hour that day.

I think I've seen the Cedar Creek Mine Ride do that before. I do know for certain that Cedar Point likes taking trains off the tracks with low crowds. The last day I went up there in late May they had Millennium Force only running with one train. Which was after a rain storm rolled by. 

You know the park is packed when Vortex has had a 45 minute wait and WindSeeker's entire queue is filled with a 30 minute wait.

Even when I clocked out at 9:17, Vortex still has/had a 30 minute wait. This is living proof of Vortex's still strong popularity as it definitely had a big line today!

• Like 8

Vortex is definitely getting the love this weekend! Today it has had a 20-30 minute wait since noon. I think the fact that today is a Bring-A-Friend day contributed to this. :) 

Drop Tower and WindSeeker have been closed the whole time I was there, so currently one would still have to wait a while to ride either.

• Like 1

45 minutes for Vortex!?!? The most I have ever waited is 25, and when that happened the line was out by Juke Box Diner. I'm visualizing a 45-minute wait for Vortex would probably have the line for it go past Dodgem or something. :P

• Like 2

On 6/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, King Ding Dong said:

What coasters were they doing that one?  I have only seen it on Magnum a couple of weeks ago and then it was when they were running 3 trains.

It was going on with Magnum (on 2 trains operations both days I was there), CCMR, Gemini, and Corkscrew.  

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 0:54 PM, JubJester said:

I think I've seen the Cedar Creek Mine Ride do that before. I do know for certain that Cedar Point likes taking trains off the tracks with low crowds. The last day I went up there in late May they had Millennium Force only running with one train. Which was after a rain storm rolled by. 

If it was after a rain storm, they might have still been in rain mode. Many coasters, if they are able to run in the rain at all (I'm looking at you, Dragster and Gemini), must run reduced trains for safety, due to the risk of a train slipping through a wet block brake and entering the next block when not supposed to, which could potentially cause a collision. Maverick, for example, must go from six trains down to four trains to run in the rain (I know this because I was waiting in the station one day when it suddenly started pouring down rain; they stopped operation temporarily to check with management, and then transferred two trains off and resumed operation). I'm not sure what the rain mode on Millennium Force would be, though.

• Like 2