Current wait times

APE

We went to Soak City this morning, arriving around 10:40. Longest line of cars to get into the park I've seen all season. When we left at 1pm the main park parking lot was close to full...

Net, while I was there it was one of the busiest days I've seen all year. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I took advantage of the rides during the 6:00 dinner hour (7:00 as well) and ended up catching the next Eiffel Tower elevator up just in time and waiting one cycle for Carousel, two cycles for Scrambler, a station wait at Vortex and a cycle wait at WindSeeker. With today's crowds I am so glad I spent the 5:00 hour watching Origins and Amazing Dobermans. Both shows were great, by the way. :D 

• Like 2

In general, holidays themselves are better than the weekend preceding them. The exception in recent seasons has been Labor Day, in part due to the popular Dollar Days event at the park.

Silver2005 just noted in the meetup thread that it currently doesn't look busy on the webcam.

3 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So far it is lighter than the last few Tuesdays. Just walked on Beast and I'm in what looks like a 15 min wait for Mr. T. 

Wow. I should have dragged myself out of bed early this morning and gone to KI today. I was considering it, but after doing the Columbus Zoo yesterday, I didn't think I could malem that hard. :P

• Like 2

Oh dang- I looked on da webcams and saw Diamondback AND Mystic Timbers not running, so I thought it was another power outage, but Vortex and BLSC were both working so that's clearly not the case. Then I looked the Action Zone cam, and Banshee is also down (though also not a power outage since Delirium and The Bat were both running). Beast seems to be the only one of the park's "Big 4" coasters currently working, with Mystic Timbers and both B&M's down.

At least the lines for the rides that are working don't look too long...

UPDATE: Mystic Timbers is still down apparently, but Diamondback and Banshee are fixed now. Diamondback looks to have around a 15 minute wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday, July 21 was a perfect KI day. Arrived at 3:00. Light crowds with short/no waits for rides and food. Beast, Banshee, Bat, WindSeeker, Drop Tower, White Water Canyon, Race for Your Life all walk-ons. Waited about 10 minutes for Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, Delirium and Firehawk.

I waited about 10 minutes at Island Smokehouse, but that was only because they pulled out a new brisket for my order. Later, I waited a short time for a funnel cake and got about a million apologies for my wait. Look folks, I've been to the fair, I get that you actually have to fry the dough before you can give it to me.

The staff seemed happier, too. Lots of smiles and going out of their way to say hello and have a great day. So glad we decided at the last minute to head to the park instead of working a full day at the office like responsible adults.

• Like 3