Current wait times

APE

My tpr for wait times on 7-28-19. Mystic Timbers was a solid 15 minute wait from the time I arrived at 3 until close. Diamondback had 2 trains running all afternoon and evening which resulted is a 15 minute wait. Flight of Fear and Firehawk were around 15-20 minutes each. Everything else was a walk on. For some reason, Vortex associates were really trying to fight the stack like their lives depended on it.

• Like 2

Some Indianapolis area schools were back in session last week. Another group of them went back today and and will go back tomorrow. Most of our remaining schools will be back in session next week, coinciding with the normal August drop in online ticket prices (everyone pays a kid's rate.) I also see that the low $16 bring-a-friend price will be offered every day starting next Tuesday. Is that something they've done in past seasons? I do recall that August GA prices always drop but didn't recall the BAF price drop. 

• Like 1

Average crowds today. 20 minutes for Mystic Timbers

Edit: I don't usually complain about workers placing people but I just asked for row 11 because it was empty and I got out in row 4 (single rider) and they let row 11 run empty. I get placing people but please place them correctly and don't have empty rows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I uninstalled the app a few days ago. For several days, my phone was getting warm and the battery was running down unusually fast, and I finally identified the KI app as the culprit. I force-stopped it and rebooted the phone, but it continued to cause the same problems, so I deleted it. Goodbye, I never really used you anyway.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

I uninstalled the app a few days ago. For several days, my phone was getting warm and the battery was running down unusually fast, and I finally identified the KI app as the culprit. I force-stopped it and rebooted the phone, but it continued to cause the same problems, so I deleted it. Goodbye, I never really used you anyway.

I did the same thing today.  I bought a 8800 mAh battery specifically for the park.  Normally, it will run my phone at least 36 hours.  With the app running and wifi going, it was done to 12 hours within a couple of hours at the park today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

Glad it wasn't just me.  I used the updated version while I was at the park this past Friday.  Took my iPhone from 96% down to 12% in about 2.25 hours.  I too was able to finger the KI app as the culprit.  It appears the app continues to run full GPS functions even when running on the background.  Shame too, I would much rather just carry my phone rather than phone  + physical wallet.

• Like 2

On IOS the apps need location services set to "always on even when not using the app", in order to access wait times.  This of course drains the battery extremely fast.   So I just eneable/disable location services for the app in settings when I need to view wait times.   Kind of a pain but only takes 10 seconds.   

I recall @malem telling me he doesn't have this problem with android as his receiver goes into a low power state.  

^ Recent versions of the KI app haven't been a battery issue on my (rooted) Android device. Some old versions constantly polled the GPS location, so I kept them disabled.

2 hours ago, Rallyomalley said:

Shame too, I would much rather just carry my phone rather than phone  + physical wallet.

You don't need to have the app running to access your pass on your phone.

• On iOS devices, press the "Add to Passbook" button when viewing your pass to add it to the Apple Wallet app.
  • On Android devices, take a screenshot of your pass using the appropriate button combination or gesture (eg. palm swipe or multi-finger swipe) for your phone. To use your pass, view it in Gallery or add it to any wallet app for Android.
  • Like 1

Anyone at the park today? Curious how the lines are going to be this week with the ticket discount. Someone on FB was complaining... but yeah the GP will complain about MT if the line is at the entrance without any queues open. (which makes it like 20 minutes.)

I'm going tomorrow and figure it should be light since most schools are back in.

17 minutes ago, TheRickster said:

Anyone at the park today? Curious how the lines are going to be this week with the ticket discount. Someone on FB was complaining... but yeah the GP will complain about MT if the line is at the entrance without any queues open. (which makes it like 20 minutes.)

LOL! I am at the park, but I'm at Cirque :D I may give an update on wait times later. However, I saw that the app said No Wait for a lot of rides, but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

EDIT: Don't know if this is a good crowd measure, but most of the center section of the KI Theatre is full. Stage right is 1/4 full and stage left is a little more than that.