Current wait times

APE

Similar question regarding Friday evening.  We went a few years ago on the friday prior to Labor Day.  With school back in session, and high school football the park was generally dead, however, that was back when dollar days were just on the saturday, sunday and monday of that weekend (or perhaps a few days less).  I see that they are having dollar days on Friday this year, perhaps they did the last couple as well.  Weather looks good, should I expect big crowds?  Anyone have a feel for what the crowds were like last year on the friday prior to labor day if they did dollar days then as well?

Friday will be less crowded than the rest of Labor Day weekend. I visited on that day once, and it wasn't packed.

2 hours ago, Saerenzea said:

Wish me luck. Taking my girl on Labor Day.... Sounds like it's going to be busy. 

Monday has historically been less crowded than Saturday or Sunday of that weekend, so you may luck out. Crowds are difficult to forecast on any particular day.

For those planning to take advantage of Dollar Days, I'd recommend getting the $1 specials early in the day to avoid the longest lines. For those who value their time in the park, waiting a long time for a deal can negate the cost savings.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

It was just those 2. It would have taken them hours to get all of them off. At first we thought it was the chain drive motor until they went up there and evacuated them.

That's odd. I've never heard of a park stopping a coaster train on the lift hill to evacuate just a couple people because they were scared. They must have been panicking really, really bad.

6 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

That's odd. I've never heard of a park stopping a coaster train on the lift hill to evacuate just a couple people because they were scared. They must have been panicking really, really bad.

I don't think Diamondback was stopped on the lift hill because two people were panicking. I was in line at the time, and it seemed to be stopped for a mechanical reason, and at that time no one was clearly panicking. It was at least 15 minutes before they sent people up the hill to reassure the riders and offer water, a delay that I don't believe would have happened if a scared person was the reason to stop. 

I think what he meant about the two person evac (which happened after I left the area apparently) was that, while they were doing whatever needed to be done to make it safe for the ride to be restarted, someone panicked and decided they wanted off rather than continuing to wait. 

5 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

IIRC from reading about last year the Meal Plans are not available or are very limitled?

They're still available. Probably a few places like Hanks will be closed due to staffing issues since school is back in, and LaRosas will be busier than usual. 

12 hours ago, malem said:

Friday will be less crowded than the rest of Labor Day weekend. I visited on that day once, and it wasn't packed.

Don't forget it's only a partial day, too: open 5 PM till 10. Keeps crowds down because people are less likely to visit from farther away for only five hours. 

• Like 3

On 8/29/2017 at 0:19 PM, DiamondBanshee said:

Also, staying on the Labor Day theme but with a slight variation, does anybody know how busy Holiday World will be this weekend?

Crowds are notoriously hard to forecast. For what it's worth, the one year I went to Holiday World on Labor Day, it was pretty empty.

Labor Day weekend tends to be one of the less busy summer weekends at parks, hence promotions like Dollar Days and bring-a-friend discounts. In the case of Kings Island, the popularity of Dollar Days has made it a rather crowded weekend in recent years.

• Like 1

^ I had been, but if that forecast doesn't look better as the day goes on, I'm not going to. I'm nearly over a minor illness but I worry spending time in 50-something temps, higher winds, and constant rain will add another week to my recovery. It's killing me because the allure of the park probably being nearly empty is very strong. 

Since they're only calling for rain, not thunderstorms, for anyone who feels they can tolerate the weather, it should be a great evening of all the rides running and no waits. Plus Dollar Day deals, with likely very minimal lines for them too. 

Very light traffic today, at least earlier today. Food lines are short, KI clearly expected super heavy loads. Ice Cream in kiddie land has like 15 people working. Lines are separated between normal food and dollar days which is very very smart.

When i left at 1 one one ride had a wait, looked like everything was up and running.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Stoan said:

Very light traffic today, at least earlier today. Food lines are short, KI clearly expected super heavy loads. Ice Cream in kiddie land has like 15 people working. Lines are separated between normal food and dollar days which is very very smart.

When i left at 1 one one ride had a wait, looked like everything was up and running.

Agreed.  We stayed from 3 to 10.  Slight drizzle and 60 degrees kept most folks away.  The only ride I saw down was Viking Fury.  Diamondback went down for 10 minutes but was back up.  Staffing was the best I have seen all season, so I suspect that the rest of the weekend will be the same.  Be warned, we have been 26 times and I saw more protein spill cleanup last night than all season long so far.  I guess the $1 goodies were taken overboard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Agreed.  We stayed from 3 to 10.  Slight drizzle and 60 degrees kept most folks away.  The only ride I saw down was Viking Fury.  Diamondback went down for 10 minutes but was back up.  Staffing was the best I have seen all season, so I suspect that the rest of the weekend will be the same.  Be warned, we have been 26 times and I saw more protein spill cleanup last night than all season long so far.  I guess the $1 goodies were taken overboard

The wife and I were there from about 3-10 as well.  I must've been unlucky because Zephyr was down all day, Surf Dog was down from about 6 on, as well as the aforementioned Viking Fury.

I can also confirm that food staffing levels were the highest I've seen all season.  We ate at all 3 La Rosa's and the food was hot and fast at all 3.

• Like 1

Yes, it is very crowded today. Bat was down to last set of stairs (before the station), DT was 4 turnstiles deep and Viking actually had switchbacks open. Beast was pretty full as well (lower queue was open, couldn't tell how many switchbacks though), but did not ride. Festhaus was very packed and had long Dollar Day lines (yes, 2 long lines) for LaRosas side around 3:30ish. Also, Rivertown Funnel was out the door when I passed. Yeah, I plan on seeing the last 90's show and peace-ing out.

On a plus side, Dinos and Zephyr had no wait! :P

Well Cedar Point was a disaster today. The entire main lot was 100% full and the overflow lot was about 80%. Fastlane was $150 and Maverick's Fastland queue was out the gate and wrapped around and almost into frontier inn. Millennium Force had a 3 hour wait at one point; it also had its Fast Lane queue full. GateKeeper, Valravn, and Wicked Twister were full queues. The All Wheels Exteme show was 100% full which is super rare. Overall it was an awful day to be at the park. Food lines actually weren't bad. Atleast the weather was nice... 

• Like 2