Current wait times

APE

1 hour ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Smokehouse i's one side open with que filled and out of the door. Soak City is hopping

Can't make it this weekend or next so decided to smoke my own butts this weekend.   Put them in last evening and should be ready for dinner tonight.   Going much better than the brisket last weekend that took a full 40 hours, a new record for me.  

IMG_0791.JPG

• Like 4

I was hoping for a light crowed day but that was not the case,  in the morning Mystic Timbers was about 40 minutes, the fastpass line was almost full.  The rest of the rides I rode where the same case where the fastpass line was really hurting the main line.  Wanted to get on Flight of Fear but the greeter said the line was about an hour 30 minutes.  So in other words if it wasn't for all those fastpass people, the lines would have been some what shorter.  Only ride with a walk-on was Congo Falls.  I was hoping to take my camera up in the Eiffel Tower today to get some pictures but it was closed.  Drop Tower & Invertigo were up and down today.  WindSeeker stayed closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TopThrill said:

I was hoping for a light crowed day but that was not the case,  in the morning Mystic Timbers was about 40 minutes, the fastpass line was almost full.  The rest of the rides I rode where the same case where the fastpass line was really hurting the main line.  Wanted to get on Flight of Fear but the greeter said the line was about an hour 30 minutes.  So in other words if it wasn't for all those fastpass people, the lines would have been some what shorter.  Only ride with a walk-on was Congo Falls.  I was hoping to take my camera up in the Eiffel Tower today to get some pictures but it was closed.  Drop Tower & Invertigo were up and down today.  WindSeeker stayed closed.

Drop Tower is usually up and down.  That how it works.  (Joking)

It was a lot of pass holders using their Free FLP for renewing.  We used ours today.  The funny thing is we waited longer to get them than any actual wait time to use them.

• Like 3

My mom and I waited about 40 minutes for Scrambler in the 4pm hour. The operators were trying to fill half of the ride (6 cars) from Fast Lane and the other half from the regular queue. Unfortunately, a lot of groups of kids (mostly preteen boys) in Fast Lane would enter the ride area together, getting counted as one group, then split up and occupy separate cars, one person to a car. So in reality, only about three to five cars each cycle were being filled from the regular queue.

I think they need to follow the lead of some other parks and make a policy of no single riders on Scrambler, because single riders (especially when a group splits up into singles) reduce the capacity too much. If not for all of the single riders, my mom and I would have been through in under 30 minutes, maybe 20, so it's a pretty big difference. Yes, the policy would hurt those who frequently visit by themselves, but that's a relatively small portion of the ridership (I did not see one person who was not in line with a group), and there are many other things for those singles to ride, including the Monster and Shake, Rattle, & Roll, both nearby.

• Like 2

Yeah, the lines today were somewhat long. But I did get on a lot of rides and also got the last ride on The Beast in the front row, It was amazing going through the Double Helix in pitch dark.

Today for me, the floater on Diamondback was crazy good, and for some time The Blue Racer was down (which resulted in the line actually coming to the entrance), but later on they continued operations on blue.

I also got my first ride on AE and Invertigo this year, so now I have finally ridden every ride in the park this year. I also got forced on Vortex by a friend and it wasn't bad! (It was about a station wait)  My head got banged around but it wasn't so bad, the experience was actually "fun". So in conclusion even though the lines were long it was a great way to end my season at KI this year.

• Like 3

I wonder if KI has considered opening up the dates for the Fast Pass freebie for Gold Pass Renewals?  I spend my Sundays in church, so I can't take advantage of it at all.   It also seems that it clogs the lines quite a bit.  For instance, maybe if they opened up renewals before the park closes on week days, us die hards could take advantage of it on a wider date range?  Just wondering. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whengodsaysgo said:

I wonder if KI has considered opening up the dates for the Fast Pass freebie for Gold Pass Renewals?  I spend my Sundays in church, so I can't take advantage of it at all. 

I'm sure they have considered it. The problem I see with them extending it on Fridays and Saturdays is those are very busy days, so they're are a lot people buying FastLane on those days already. I believe they would lose a good amount of money, and it would slow the regular lines way down. 

I also believe if cost more on Saturdays, just like Cedar Point. 

Used my FastLane yesterday, and the lines were way better than the last Sunday of last year (hence, why I used it yesterday). Longest I had to wait was 15 minutes for The Beast, and everything else was no more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I'm sure they have considered it. The problem I see with them extending it on Fridays and Saturdays is those are very busy days, so they're are a lot people buying Fast Lane those days already. I believe they would lose a good amount of money, and it would slow the regular lines way down. 

I also believe if cost mores on Saturdays, just like Cedar Point. 

Used my FastLane yesterday, and the lines were way better than the last Sunday last year (hence, why I used it yesterday). Longest I had to wait was like 15 minutes for The Beast, and everything else was no more than 5 minutes.

Maybe open it up for April/first couple weeks of May?  There aren't many people that come to the parks that aren't season passholders that early in the season.  Just a thought.  Maybe if I whisper it, important ears will pick up on it.  Worth a shot.

whenGodsaysgo, just whisperin'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

I'm sure they have considered it. The problem I see with them extending it on Fridays and Saturdays is those are very busy days, so they're are a lot people buying FastLane on those days already. I believe they would lose a good amount of money, and it would slow the regular lines way down. 

I also believe if cost more on Saturdays, just like Cedar Point. 

Used my FastLane yesterday, and the lines were way better than the last Sunday of last year (hence, why I used it yesterday). Longest I had to wait was 15 minutes for The Beast, and everything else was no more than 5 minutes.

Saturday they sold out of Fast Lane in the park. I don't know what the magic amount of passes is but FLP was $90 and FL wa's $75. No matter how you slice it, that is quite a bit of money.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

Glad you had fun on Vortex, @Xdog42! I was there the whole day so I may have seen you at some point.

Today was definitely a great day (especially for what would be the last day that had virtually perfect weather!)!

Really, I looked around the station but didn't see you, if my timing is correct I came around to ride at 5:00-5:30. 

• Like 1

@Xdog42 You came during the one hour I was not at Vortex. :lol: I was washing out trash cans with two other crew members over by Dinos and Racer that hour. I was at Unload the previous hour (4:00) and at Drive the last hour (6:00). So I did not see you, unfortunately. But I am still glad that you had a better ride on Vortex! :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

I wonder if KI has considered opening up the dates for the Fast Pass freebie for Gold Pass Renewals?  I spend my Sundays in church, so I can't take advantage of it at all.   It also seems that it clogs the lines quite a bit.  For instance, maybe if they opened up renewals before the park closes on week days, us die hards could take advantage of it on a wider date range?  Just wondering. :)

I really think they do this on purpose. Sundays are always slower (so less Fast Lane purchasers) also the free bring a friend ticket is only for Sundays. For example I was planning on bringing someone yesterday .. now maybe next Sunday. If I use the free ticket for him and I get my free Fast Lane I essentially have to then BUY a Fast Lane for him as well... or mine would be useless. 

Also it really sucks that the last 3 years the free Fast Lane could be used on labor day Sunday. Me and all my friends always used ours that day since it's usually the busiest Sunday now this year it couldn't be used until the end of September :(

• Like 1

Looking ahead for closing day, temperatures are looking to be in the high 40's.

Depending on temps , some coasters may not open first thing in the morning.

**edit** Just checked the hourly and looks like it’s not getting over 43 during the day Sunday. B&M’s do not recommend running their coaster below 45 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, harmony29 said:

Cedar Point offers Friday or Sunday, so I wonder why KI doesn't. We used ours last year at CP the last Fri of the season. 

I would love to use my Free Fast Lane on a Friday night during Haunt.  It is much more fun walking past a long line than walking past nobody in line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2