Current wait times

APE

Wow.  Granted, I live far away so can't go to the park but 5-10 days a year, and avoid busy days like the plague, but I haven't seen the Flight of Fear queues opened like that in almost 20 years---shortly after that ride opened.  I figured they just never even bothered to open them up anymore.  

• Like 2

(for Haunt) Generally, Friday night's crowds aren't as bad as Saturday night's crowds. However, the most crowded day I've experienced was this year's Passholder Preview Night. Oh. My Gosh. That was the most crowded I had seen the park ever! I remember driving thru the parking lot thinking There can't be this many passholders! However, I did get to ride The Bat as well as score a new coaster credit (Mystic Timbers), so there's that.

EDIT: Also, the above pictures are why I avoid Saturday Haunt nights. The only exceptions were when I was working Haunt (as a Sweep) and that one night a few weeks ago where I only went through Slaughter House once and left (but I had been there most of the day prior to Haunt starting).

• Like 5

18 hours ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

Saturday was quite busy :o

22811152_10214631514048514_920970697_n.jpg

22834312_10214631514408523_2143296227_n.jpg

22834571_10214631514008513_815511001_n.jpg

22854863_10214631513808508_740093909_n.jpg

I haven't seen the park this busy before! I would die waiting in those queue lines, the queue  I am most surprised seeing this long is The Racer. The longest I have waited to get on it is probably 5 mins (with both trains working).

• Like 1

I was there for preview night too. We dipped out of the line for MT after two hours. (It was cool seeing the queue for the Tomb Raider ride (I've never been in there)). This is the first year I bought the gold pass and also didn't think there would be so many people. I was very wrong. 

• Like 4

I haven't seen the park this busy before! I would die waiting in those queue lines, the queue  I am most surprised seeing this long is The Racer. The longest I have waited to get on it is probably 5 mins (with both trains working).
At least that full que on Racer is for both sides. I remember when they still used both sides of the que and both sides were frequently full. I'm guessing a full que on Racer now is probably a 25 to 30 minute wait. When the ques were only for one side a full que would be 45 mins.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It depends on your cold tolerance and what kinds of rain gear you have available. Also, on how much rain comes down once it is raining. The forecast looks like there will definitely be some sort of precipitation most of the evening and night.

I've decided to skip it personally, because I can only tolerate cold or rain, but not when it is both at the same time. 

• Like 2

The cheapest and most effective rain gear you can wear when it wet and cold is wool socks.   Start there and work your way up.  Poncho and wide brimmed hat are next on my list.   

Not by choice but I will be tent camping the next two nights in the Cincy area.  If I were going to KI tonight i would bring a powerbank to keep my phone going while waiting things out in Festhaus or similar.  The rewards are high if things open back up after a good long soak and the park is empty.   

• Like 3

Yeah, if you're willing to stick it out, the rewards are definitely going to be good. It's hard for me to say no to going tonight, too, because I imagine the park will be nearly empty. I've been to every Haunt Friday so far, though, so I'm willing to give up tonight because I know it will be too cold for me. It still beckons. 

Maybe I'll throw on my (insulated, water resistant) ski pants and head down later if it looks like the rain is going to be light :)

• Like 1

I'm still planning on going.  I have a couple of layers that I can sport while keeping one tied around my waist.  Being a skirt girl, I donned brightly color leggings under my skirt to keep warm.  One of the layers will be my Beast hoodie - to protect my ears from the chill.  Part of my game plan is to hit the steel coasters tonight in case the weather prevents them from running tomorrow.

• Like 4

We are wet and cold, but it was worth it for a few hours. Got three rides on DB and two on MT before the rain. After the rain is was interesting to ride Banshee and bat in moderate rain. Most disappointed that Hot Blooded was not showing, forgot that it was weather dependent. All in all a great night!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Any rides still closed because of the cold? I'm guessing the three Arrow coasters (Vortex, Adventure Express, and The Bat) haven't moved at all so far today, as the current temperature is just a few degrees shy of their minimum to start up (45F). According to the hourly forecast, the temperature may not hit 45 at all today... :unsure:

-BFF, hoping with all her heart that tomorrow's temperature will eventually hit 45F, as she is still seven rides shy of half a thousand!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VortexBFForever said:

Any rides still closed because of the cold? I'm guessing the three Arrow coasters (Vortex, Adventure Express, and The Bat) haven't moved at all so far today, as the current temperature is just a few degrees shy of their minimum to start up (45F). According to the hourly forecast, the temperature may not hit 45 at all today... :unsure:

-BFF, hoping with all her heart that tomorrow's temperature will eventually hit 45F, as she is still seven rides shy of half a thousand!!

When we walked by Adventure Express about an hour ago, it was closes for cold. Just checked Vortex and it is the same.  Have not been back to Bat

Edit. Just checked the app. Bat, Backlot, and Invertigo closed

• Like 2