Current wait times

APE

^Thats like saying “The Reds aren’t in the playoffs but don’t count down to opening day until after the World Series.” Yes the best are still in it (like Mystic Timbers (that’s my own opinion)) but I still want to ride other coasters, like I want to watch the Reds. Yes I will ride MT and enjoy it immensely but I’m still counting down the days until I can ride Diamondback, Banshee, Beast, and all the other rides and coasters not open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I agree with both viewpoints. Winterfest is coming up (and I'm really looking forward to it!), but then again, 90% of the coasters/other Non-Planet Snoopy rides are down for the season, so I think it's somewhat appropriate to start looking towards the future. 

• Like 3

Seems legit! Before boarding my last ride of the (regular) season on The Bat, an employee told someone that Drop Tower was closed (down for weather, I presume) and would reopen on April 13th or 14th, 2018. 

Yeah, I don’t think Drop a Tower would be very popular during Winterfest. Also, most people wouldn’t be able to ride it with all the extra layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2017 at 8:08 PM, harveyhaddixfan said:

I’m going to guess 4/13/17 as season pass preview night. So here’s the countdown!

0a75920bf0111b17578fa0db5b07163a.png

Unless the park learned from this years preview night debacle, i'll stay away this year.  At least offer the option for people to PAY MONEY for Fast Lane.  So much $ left on the table regarding that decision. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Unless the park learned from this years preview night debacle, i'll stay away this year.  At least offer the option for people to PAY MONEY for Fast Lane.  So much $ left on the table regarding that decision. 

I'm pretty positive the reason for the large crowd was because of Mystic Timbers. Past preview nights weren't even close to the size of that.

I think next year's won't be as bad because people will stay away because of this year's preview night.

• Like 4

Just now, JubJester said:

I'm pretty positive the reason for the large crowd was because of Mystic Timbers. Past preview nights weren't even close to the size of that.

I agree 100% given the que during my visit (my wait was 90 min).  The park knew it had a hit with MT, yet chose to not offer Fast Lane..even if they capped the number of wristbands at say 1,000, at $80 a band, that's a quick 80k for basically doing nothing (assuming the only extra staff needed would be in the sales booth at the front. the bands sold in shops could be handled by those working inside them). 

20 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I agree 100% given the que during my visit (my wait was 90 min).  The park knew it had a hit with MT, yet chose to not offer Fast Lane..even if they capped the number of wristbands at say 1,000, at $80 a band, that's a quick 80k for basically doing nothing (assuming the only extra staff needed would be in the sales booth at the front. the bands sold in shops could be handled by those working inside them). 

They never sell FastLane during Gold Pass events. I'm not sure why (I'm sure someone on here knows). 

I think if they want to lower crowds in the future (for future attractions) for preview night, they should implement a deadline to be eligible for it. (Like end of the season or December)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I think next year's won't be as bad because people will stay away because of this year's preview night.

Not even just that. They opened it to anyone who had a pass. In years prior you had to renew by a certain date. This year it was anyone who renewed, anyone who bought a pass up until the season pass center closed. 

I hope they move away from that. I don't feel like many got to experience all that was open due to crowd sizes.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I think if they want to lower crowds in the future (for future attractions) for preview night, they should implement a deadline to be eligible for it. (Like end of the season or December)

In previous years, the preview night was only for prior year passholders who renewed during the fall sale. This year was the first time they opened it to all Gold Pass holders. That likely played a major role in the crowd size.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Chris!

• Like 4

^I hope so too, but I think they would have made at least a little bit of a deal about it in their advertising if they were going to do that, to try to prompt more fall sales. It will probably be all passholders next spring.

Hopefully they will learn their lesson and limit it for 2019, though, when there will be a new coaster again (I hope!)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

They were estimating a 90 minute wait at the entrance, but actual wait times maxed out around 45 minutes, decreasing later into the night. The crew kept the line moving well, and the lack of Fast Lane helps.

The queue did fill up quickly after the park opened, so I'd recommend going there first at rope drop if you plan to ride early in the evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I waited 5 minutes for Mystic due to the single rider line.

Interesting. Are they using the Fast Lane queue for that? I would definitely make use of that, though I wonder how many people will abuse it like was done on Diamondback before the introduction of Fast Lane.

• Like 1

Interesting. Are they using the Fast Lane queue for that? I would definitely make use of that, though I wonder how many people will abuse it like was done on Diamondback before the introduction of Fast Lane.
They have already been doing that, I've seen families going through it today and then the seperater letting them out together. That's not the purpose of a single rider line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...