Current wait times

APE

wow that was a mistake getting my Fast Pass yesterday, the FP lines were about the same as the regular lines for the most part. ALOT of people had FP.

Some of the KICers used their free FL+ renewal perk yesterday, including me. Early in the day on Banshee, those with FL+ entered the FL line, while silver2005, who had burned his free FL+ earlier in the fall, entered the regular line at the same time. silver2005 actually got into the station and boarded two trains BEFORE those of us who used the FL+ line. For the rest of the day, it was a judgment call as to which line would be faster, and it became a bit of a game as we sometimes "raced" each other. I will say that FL+ was useful toward the end of the night, as during my one-hour Banshee marathon, using the FL queue sometimes made it possible to board one or two trains earlier, meaning that I might not have been able to be on the same train as the 2 millionth rider if I hadn't had FL+.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Joys?

Diamondback: two rides ERT.

BEAST: 15 minute wait for front seat.

Shake Rattle & Roll: 1 cycle wait.

Vortex, 5-1: Walk-on.

WindSeeker: 1 cycle wait.

Skyline Chili: 25 minute wait. FOUR parties in front of me. The Supervisor/Trainer waited on me. On top of all that, the chili was barely warm. It wouldn't even melt the cheese. And, it was Skyline. Gold Star it is not, much less Putz's. This at 11:20 in Coney Mall.

• Like 9

It's always a bit of a jarring experience at Kings Island: you get off of a world-class attraction like Banshee or the Eiffel Tower, only to try to get something to eat and be met with service that could only rival a below-average McDonald's.

• Like 7

Joys?

Skyline Chili: 25 minute wait. FOUR parties in front of me. The Supervisor/Trainer waited on me. On top of all that, the chili was barely warm. It wouldn't even melt the cheese. And, it was Skyline. Gold Star it is not, much less Putz's. This at 11:20 in Coney Mall.

Wow- doesn't sound nearly as crowded as it was last year. Then again, last year was Big New Coaster year. Still sucks to hear food service is slow. Reminds me of when I went for Haunt last year and we waited 20 minutes...FOR SODA REFILLS. :wacko: That was LONGER than I waited for Vortex and BLSC COMBINED that night! Beast was also a shorter wait than Drinks, but we waited for the front which added 10-15 minutes to the wait time.

Hopefully it gets fixed as the season progresses, otherwise the park could have a big problem on its hands...

BTW, a little off-topic, but did The Beast's re-track it got last year hold up well this offseason? It ran AMAZINGLY smooth last season every time I rode it (granted, that was just 3 times...).

• Like 4

This is why I always go to the one on International Street. The Coney Mall stand has always been slow for me.

BTW, a little off-topic, but did The Beast's re-track it got last year hold up well this offseason? It ran AMAZINGLY smooth last season every time I rode it (granted, that was just 3 times...).

I rode in 3-2 yesterday, and it seemed slightly rougher than last year. However, that could be my memory playing tricks on me.

• Like 1

Ehh, SLIGHTLY rougher would be expected after sitting a whole offseason. So it may not have been you. It would need to have gotten quite a bit rougher than last year though before I'd see it as a huge problem- and I have yet to see KI let Beast get that bad (heck, my rough ride on Racer last year was at least 4X worse than my roughest ever ride on Beast...and nothing so far rivals what Voyage was like in 2011...at least wood. And granted I never rode SOB and have yet to go outside Kings Island & Holiday World so far in recent years...)

• Like 2

I hate that theyve added FoF back to Fast Lane when the capacity is still down by a car per train. It is even more important to go to it right after rope drop if you don't want a long wait. It was about a half hour wait and I was here about 10:15.

FOF will have long lines.

• Like 2

I was told to ride in seat 4-2, so that's where I sat, and she ran incredibly well.....just as good as last year and if I'm not mistaken I also spotted some new wood in a few areas.

• Like 1

Joys?

Wow- doesn't sound nearly as crowded as it was last year. Then again, last year was Big New Coaster year. Still sucks to hear food service is slow.

I'm guessing opening day was helped by the fact a lot of passholders had their opening day on Friday.

• Like 2