Current wait times

APE

The biggest issue for Chicken Shack is the assembly line mentality. There was one young woman assembling wraps, one dipping fries, one cooking chicken and one at the register.... Everyone was wanting wraps and only one at a time was being made. The others basically worked as needed. There should have been at least three people assembling wraps.

• Like 2

We had so many great visits to KI this season but the food lines were almost always an issue, every single time. No matter how light the crowds. I'm really hoping they address the issue before next season approaches. It sucks to pay that extra money for dining passes,only to stop at McDonald's on the way home because the lines were so long you didn't eat there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I must have gotten super lucky today because I-Street LaRosas was a walk-in (literally no wait!). Then again, I did eat around 4 PM-ish, so maybe this had something to do with it...

But yeah, Chicken Shack's line looked crazy, both of Festhaus's lines looked long as well. 

• Like 3

The biggest issue for Chicken Shack is the assembly line mentality. There was one young woman assembling wraps, one dipping fries, one cooking chicken and one at the register.... Everyone was wanting wraps and only one at a time was being made. The others basically worked as needed. There should have been at least three people assembling wraps.

We stopped eating at chicken shack for these reasons and more. We found it was taking less time to get a wrap or burger from RHoFG than waiting for chicken shack (and the Saratoga chips are amazing!)!

• Like 3

It was a BEAUTIFUL day. This was our first visit in 15 months after having a pass from 2012-2014. We got a pass for 2016 and used Nov 1 as our free visit.

Our wait time experience was varied throughout the day. We entered when the gates opened at 10:30am. My oldest and I got in two rides on the Diamondback before 11am. We did surf dog (no wait) and Woodstock express (short wait) after 11am. However Planet Snoopy was starting to fill up quickly. I figure the Sunday family Halloween thing (and the beautiful weather) was drawing people to the park.

We hiked over to Stunt Coaster knowing that those wait times can get bad on even the best of days. It was the shortest line I've ever had for that ride...it was just back past the bridge/chain linked area, but it still took a while. I'd say we were off the ride about 20 minutes after we got in line. The express passes for renewing members caused the short-looking regular line to take longer than normal.

The Beast was a breeze. We rode it twice in 30 minutes. The walk off the ride, down the ramp, back through the maze to the station house was longer than the second wait.

Then, we paused for lunch. There was no line at all at the LaRosa's by The Beast.

Coney Island ride wait times were worse than anything we'd done so far that day. I guess it was mid-afternoon, beautiful day, and we usually find this part of the park most crowded this time of day. SRR wasn't too bad, Scrambler had a long wait (thanks again to the Fast Lane passes). We skipped the bumper cars and Monster.

There were problems with The Racers. First, someone threw up on the blue train. Then there were about 3 times as many workers as necessary on the red side, and they were all debating who should be where. Someone was supposed to be on break, someone on another ride, etc. It's like it was the first day of the season and no one knew what they were doing. We got to the front of the stand-by line at the worst of this and the line behind us got all the way to the sign. On slower days, my kids like to repeat rides like we did with The Beast. But with this mess, we said that we'd check it out again in an hour or two.

Adventure Express was a little bit of a long wait. The biggest issue here was a lady at the front of the standby line stopped to find a row to sit in and couldn't figure it out. So, the Fast Lane folks were just parading past her and picking the emptiest rows. There was no worker there to control the lines. We were too far back to help her along, though there was finally a pause in the Fast Lane traffic and she took a leap of faith into a row on the front half of the train.

The Banshee was a short wait, as always.

The Bat had another throw up issue. Someone must have chucked an entire LaRosa's pizza because the workers had serious trouble getting the car clean. They washed the last car of this train (they run two) and sent the whole train empty about 4 times before finally just closing the last car. The station wait became a line all the way down the stairs and across the bridge by the time we got off the ride. My youngest did get to ride it again (this was his second ride) as he rode it while my oldest and I rode the Banshee.

The Viking ship had a 2-3 ride wait for the top 2 rows. When our ride was done, there was only a 1 ride wait for the top row.

By the time we circled back to The Racers, it was a walk-on.

This was around 5pm and we thought it was a good sign to get a couple of more rides in before our target departure time of 6pm. However, Planet Snoopy was more crowded than we expected at 5pm. On past fall Sundays, we typically go late September, I thought that the kids area cleared out around five, but Woodstock coaster line was close to 20 minutes. The Boo Blasters queue was full. We were hoping for another ride on Diamondback, but it was fairly long, too.

All-in-all, it was a fun day at KI. The weather was great, and the kids are looking forward to visiting again next year!

• Like 5

• 5 months later...