Jump to content
APE

Current wait times

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I wonder why Beast has had so much downtime so far this season. :huh:

Prepping for RMC upgrade?

 

Edit:  After reading the SeVerus posts, maybe not.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gee, I hope The Beast is running good when I intend to visit in 2 weeks, that is one of my most anticipated rides to ride there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 11:06 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Drones to not fly on things they fly over them.  

Correct me if I am wrong but KI does not own the airspace above the park.  They cannot prevent Delta, American or Southwest from flying over their property anymore than I can prevent them from flying over my house.   As long as a drone pilot does not violate FAA regulations KI is powerless to prevent it.  

KI can of course choose to terminate any contracts they have with said pilot.   :D

The policy for ride operators at least last year was if they noticed a drone flying near their ride they were to shut down the ride and call security. Drones are just as bad as cell phones on rides if you have an inexperienced pilot flying close to a ride. They don’t care if you take photography from the sky, they are more worried for safety of guests. There’s a reason you can fly a plane or helicopter that can fly for hours at a time and not a drone that can be in the air for usually 30 minutes max and has no regulations on who can fly them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delirium is currently down. Bat was 10 min (as I waited for the front), Drop Tower was a cycle wait and Congo was station wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Delirium is currently down. Bat was 10 min (as I waited for the front), Drop Tower was a cycle wait and Congo was station wait.

darn again. Delirium was down yesterday 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Quirkster said:

Oh gee, I hope The Beast is running good when I intend to visit in 2 weeks, that is one of my most anticipated rides to ride there.

We are here today (Sunday) and it's running great

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fair warning, we just got the system here on the west side that's tracking to KI, and included with the rain is pea to chickpea size hail.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamond back was down to two trains a little bit ago.. was the unfortunate one to get stuck on it waiting 20 minutes after the break down

 

After that it was a good 15 minute wait with fast pass, regular line looked really long

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed to be a lot of breakdowns yesterday. First thing in the morning we tried stunt coaster and it was down. We had just gotten up the exit to Mystic when it went down, we waited about 40 min and got on. Went back to stunt coaster, had 45 min wait time, got up there next to board and it went down. Also while waiting we noticed racer train at the top of the hill for around 15 min.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harmony29 said:

Seemed to be a lot of breakdowns yesterday. First thing in the morning we tried stunt coaster and it was down. We had just gotten up the exit to Mystic when it went down, we waited about 40 min and got on. Went back to stunt coaster, had 45 min wait time, got up there next to board and it went down. Also while waiting we noticed racer train at the top of the hill for around 15 min.

That was some bad luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

That was some bad luck!

Yeah but I'm fine with it, stuff happens and I know we will be able to ride them at another time. Last week we were about to board beast and it went down, that one disappointed me but oh well. With this being our first year having season passes at the beginning of the season, we are getting our money's worth out of them. We used to think the 2 hour drive was long but after going to Cedar Point last week and it taking 6 hours to get there this is nothing. We have found a little bit of a short cut that has knocked about 15 min off the drive time. Our biggest issue is not leaving our dogs for so long but we have worked around that. Can't wait for next week when they are open daily.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

Yeah but I'm fine with it, stuff happens and I know we will be able to ride them at another time. Last week we were about to board beast and it went down, that one disappointed me but oh well. With this being our first year having season passes at the beginning of the season, we are getting our money's worth out of them. We used to think the 2 hour drive was long but after going to Cedar Point last week and it taking 6 hours to get there this is nothing. We have found a little bit of a short cut that has knocked about 15 min off the drive time. Our biggest issue is not leaving our dogs for so long but we have worked around that. Can't wait for next week when they are open daily.

Same boat here, KI is 90 minutes, Cedar Point is 6 hours

 

Hopefully Gas will go back down, adds up on the KI trips

 

I have no clue when we will go back to Cedar Point. Next year we are going to take a trip and do 2 days Kings dominion and 2 at carowinds

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

Yeah but I'm fine with it, stuff happens and I know we will be able to ride them at another time. Last week we were about to board beast and it went down, that one disappointed me but oh well. With this being our first year having season passes at the beginning of the season, we are getting our money's worth out of them. We used to think the 2 hour drive was long but after going to Cedar Point last week and it taking 6 hours to get there this is nothing. We have found a little bit of a short cut that has knocked about 15 min off the drive time. Our biggest issue is not leaving our dogs for so long but we have worked around that. Can't wait for next week when they are open daily.

What's your shortcut? I drive up from Kentucky as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RFYLCB was down yesterday and my kids were swearing that it was because a  boat was stuck on the hill to the drop. Was there any truth to that? I did notice that the water was not running. 

We had bad luck as well - I was trying to hop on Banshee with my friend while her husband watched all our kids (6 of them lol) so we ran over there and they literally put the ride closed sign up right in front of us...so then we were going to hop on Delirium since we were right there and just as we were in the next group to ride, they closed it down as well. But...it was due to storms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Same boat here, KI is 90 minutes, Cedar Point is 6 hours

 

Hopefully Gas will go back down, adds up on the KI trips

 

I have no clue when we will go back to Cedar Point. Next year we are going to take a trip and do 2 days Kings dominion and 2 at carowinds

Luckily our car is pretty good on gas, takes under a half tank round trip and just about a tank for CP.

We are hoping to go back to CP next week during the week w my friend from Georgia, she's only been to six flags lol. I enjoyed CP last week but w only certain rides open it left me wanting more. We've never been to KD or Carowinds but will probably not do those this year. I hope gas comes down too!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KImom said:

What's your shortcut? I drive up from Kentucky as well. 

I'm in Frankfort, we used to take 64 to 75 but it's way out of the way. We take 127 North which is pretty much back road and 56mph except in Owenten. 127 runs right into 71/75 at Sparta (where the KY speedway is). We used to take a turn to follow 127 in Owenten but it takes you thru these twisty roads and is a bugger in the dark. Going straight to 71 has knocked off about 15 min. Youre more than welcome to hitch a ride with us any time!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harmony29 said:

I'm in Frankfort, we used to take 64 to 75 but it's way out of the way. We take 127 North which is pretty much back road and 56mph except in Owenten. 127 runs right into 71/75 at Sparta (where the KY speedway is). We used to take a turn to follow 127 in Owenten but it takes you thru these twisty roads and is a bugger in the dark. Going straight to 71 has knocked off about 15 min. Youre more than welcome to hitch a ride with us any time!

Ahhh gotcha - we are in Winchester and I keep wondering if there's a good way to try and knock off some time. We take 64 to 75 as well, I may try to explore some alternate routes. My kids are pretty good about the car ride but after a long day at the park, I'd give anything to shave off an extra 10-15 minutes! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KImom said:

Ahhh gotcha - we are in Winchester and I keep wondering if there's a good way to try and knock off some time. We take 64 to 75 as well, I may try to explore some alternate routes. My kids are pretty good about the car ride but after a long day at the park, I'd give anything to shave off an extra 10-15 minutes! :) 

I hear you there. I'm lucky as I'm 3 blocks from 127. There's hardly ever any traffic just have to use bright lights at night but it's not too bad. We've actually looked at moving to Owenten to get closer to the park.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @harmony29 and @KImom, nice to see some other Central KY folks in these here forums!  I have taken the 127 route before, but did it on the way home so I could enjoy the scenery.  Interesting side note:  I found it weird last week that it was 4 hours and 40 minutes to get to CP from downtown Cincy and it was 5 hours and 30 minutes to get home from CP to Harrodsburg.  Waze was very accurate with the time! ( I did have to stop in Dayton for a power nap.  And there were deer on Versailles Rd in between Keeneland and the Castle.  Very glad for that power nap to keep me alert enough to see deer at 3am!)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Wow, @harmony29 and @KImom, nice to see some other Central KY folks in these here forums!  I have taken the 127 route before, but did it on the way home so I could enjoy the scenery.  Interesting side note:  I found it weird last week that it was 4 hours and 40 minutes to get to CP from downtown Cincy and it was 5 hours and 30 minutes to get home from CP to Harrodsburg.  Waze was very accurate with the time! ( I did have to stop in Dayton for a power nap.  And there were deer on Versailles Rd in between Keeneland and the Castle.  Very glad for that power nap to keep me alert enough to see deer at 3am!)

Funny thing is, it took us last Tuesday almost 6 hours to get to CP going 75 north, but coming home it was 5 hours going 71. My husband and I love the 127 drive it's beautiful. It can be tricky at night because it's so dark but we've learned it pretty well. We love KI and anticipate being there quite a bit this season!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh you fortunate, fortunate people.

I'm with [mention=10200]sixohdieselrage[/mention].  I'm 45 min away, an hour max if I hit rush hour traffic.  Coming from Dayton we've always taken 75 to 63 to 741.  Not too shabby.


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really want to move closer to the park, just not sure where to look and the issue of switching doctors which for me is extremely important with my injury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also live 45 minutes from the park. 50-55 if there's traffic or if nearly every single traffic light turns red en route. :lol:

For me, U.S. 35 to U.S. 42 to S.R. 48 to Interstate 71 is the way to go. If it's a day where the park is expecting to be swamped *cough*Haunt Saturdays*cough* then I stay on 48 until I reach Colombia Rd, follow it to Kings Mills Rd and then to Kings Island Drive. That's my alternate trip-finishing route to KI as a precaution to avoid any rush traffic or delays that may present themselves on 71.

-BFF, who loves to save all the time she can, especially since she comes from up north and has to drive all the way to the south end of the park to reach the associate lot. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

I also live 45 minutes from the park. 50-55 if there's traffic or if nearly every single traffic light turns red en route. :lol:

For me, U.S. 35 to U.S. 42 to S.R. 48 to Interstate 71 is the way to go. If it's a day where the park is expecting to be swamped *cough*Haunt Saturdays*cough* then I stay on 48 until I reach Colombia Rd, follow it to Kings Mills Rd and then to Kings Island Drive. That's my alternate trip-finishing route to KI as a precaution to avoid any rush traffic or delays that may present themselves on 71.

-BFF, who loves to save all the time she can, especially since she comes from up north and has to drive all the way to the south end of the park to reach the associate lot. :)

Sounds like you are near Xenia?

 

We live just outside of Wilmington. We either take 350 to 123 to 71 or just hop right on 71. Depends if we want to take backroads. 

 

Someone start a new thread for "Which way do you take to get to KI" LOL

 

5 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

I'm with @sixohdieselrage.  I'm 45 min away, an hour max if I hit rush hour traffic.  Coming from Dayton we've always taken 75 to 63 to 741.  Not too shabby.

Id hate driving from Dayton area. More people to watch out for. We just have tractors and Bambi. Haha

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...