Banshee line

Pbmcd

I love the short wait of Banshee, I'm one of those people that stream straight from the gate to her. To start a visit with that fast line and great ride is fantastic- it sets up the mood for the rest of the day.

The Banshee crew are tops.

• Like 7

I went today for the first time this season and got seven rides in on Banshee. That line moves so fast! The longest wait was the first ride when we got there and it was only about 25 minutes. First ride was front row and it is AMAZING. Intense from drop to brakes and it never lets up.

• Like 1

I also recall the park stating a while back that Banshee had given 500,000+ rides and was the most ridden ride in the park so far this year (which it should be as it is the big new ride). And this was like a month or so ago. So, under 30 minute waits are a sign of the ride's high capacity and not really lack of popularity...

This news pleases me because if it's true, then Banshee joins the list of "Crowded Day Bail-Out" coasters along with Vortex, Bat, Adventure Express, and Racer- thus you have 5 fun, thrilling rides you can get in on a single day at Kings Island even when crowds are at their worst.

Though you're still going to have to make some cuts with rides like Diamondback, Beast, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, BLSC, and Invertigo which are either low capacity or super popular or sometimes even both as they will eat 1 hour plus easy on crowded days...and FOF & Firehawk often get near or over 2+ hours...

• Like 5

I also recall the park stating a while back that Banshee had given 500,000+ rides

According to Don today, Banshee is on pace to give its one millionth ride this week. IIRC, the millionth rider will get a prize package valued at around $1,500 to $2,000.

• Like 3

I'm curious as to how they know the exact number of riders Banshee has had. Is each train counted before being dispatched? Every train has at least a few seats empty.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe most of the newer rides have a computer system where you hit a button for each vacant seat, and thats how they calculate.

• Like 1

I believe the 1 millionth rider is the 1 millionth person to enter the queue that day. Other than that, technically dozens of people ride at once.

Yeah, I simply assumed that they when they get close, they will begin counting riders at the separator position at the entrance to the station.

• Like 1