Math and Science day

congofallscrew

I was expecting it to suck bad. But actually, I had a great time. We hit the very back seat of Face/Off first. Then we head over to Drop Zone, great ride as always. Then for the new ride, Delirium, we waited about an hour to ride. Delirium was great! I love the part when you hit the top and you see SOB upside down! So, then we head over to FoF, we wait about 1 1/2 hours for that. We got in, put our lap bars down, and we got blasted... but wait! The FoF is usually dark inside. For some reason they had the lights on inside, you could slightly see the track ahead and to the side of you, that thing is so quick though, man. Ok, then we went over to Vortex, only about a 1/2 an hour wait for that. I hurt my head on it as I always do. Great ride though other than the head banging. lol.

Ok, this is where my day got kind of bad...We waited 2 hours for TR:TR, we get into the chamber where they show you the movie, and the thing breaks down. So we wait about 34-45 min. and then we finally got on it. I had never ridden this before so I had no idea what it was like. We got in the second row and got strapped in, and the ride started. First you get thrown into this thing with a glowing eye, then you flip and go back and up to the cieling where some cold ice thingys with dead bodies on them, water dripping on you, then you keep flipping and then you get held upside down over some water that is shining with lights that are yellow and red, looks kind of weird. I started getting pushed up against my restraint it felt like I was falling out, man that was not cool. It left marks on my shoulders from that thing. It was a good ride but we waited to long. Then we waited 30 min for The Beast, ride it and then got off only to find we could not find my mom's bag with her car keys, over 100$, and my t shirt in it. Oh man, that wasnt cool but the guy helped us out and found it, someone must have grabbed it by mistake and then put it back in a different place. Then we got some dippin dots and then left.

Thanks to the lap bar checker on The Beast for helping us out.

-Nathan

ok, math and science day sucked. partially because FOF broke down a lot. the train got stuck in the launch tunnel... and it was just bad all around. but zephyr as always was running smoothly and was quite a relief after the mayhem at FOF. oh well, just another day at PKI wink.gif

Geezs... we had complaints from parents that rides weren't open that their kids could ride (most of the small flats in Coney and HB/Nick) b/c of the limited rides open that day for the Math and Science stuff. The schools got a list of rides that would be open, and I belive it was posted on the site and they got a list of open rides at the gate. Why bring a little kid there anyway on math and science day unless they were with a school? You really can't complain if all you were doing is getting your pass b/c it was advertised and on the marque outside. Besides, if you got a pass you can always come back another day. I think people just like to complain b/c they think they will get something free from the park. Tough luck, the park rarely gives anything away.

Other than that, it was a very long day and at least nothing happened... everyone behaved themselves for the most part.

HA! You should have seen it when they just opened the rides! I was nearly knocked over! I had a good day though and me and my uncle are going on Sat. June 21st. He has not been there this season yet, but I can't wait to get him on Delirium!

-Delirium Rocks!

Edited by bignathan4403

• 2 weeks later...
Geezs... we had complaints from parents that rides weren't open that their kids could ride (most of the small flats in Coney and HB/Nick) b/c of the limited rides open that day for the Math and Science stuff. The schools got a list of rides that would be open, and I belive it was posted on the site and they got a list of open rides at the gate. Why bring a little kid there anyway on math and science day unless they were with a school? You really can't complain if all you were doing is getting your pass b/c it was advertised and on the marque outside. Besides, if you got a pass you can always come back another day. I think people just like to complain b/c they think they will get something free from the park. Tough luck, the park rarely gives anything away.

Other than that, it was a very long day and at least nothing happened... everyone behaved themselves for the most part.

My school never got a list of open rides. biggrin.gif

My school never got a list of open rides. biggrin.gif

Actually when PKI sends out their "learning kits" or whatever they're called to the schools, a list of all rides that should be operating on there. Plus there is a list on the website stating specifically "Rides in Hanna Barbera Land or Nick Central will not be open on these days" or something close to that effect.

That is what it said but it also didnt say that Delirium or SBSP 3D would be open either. Delirum and Spongebob was open. Some things were still open that werent on the list...

Thats a good thing! biggrin.gif

our school said white water canyon would be open but it wasn't mad.gif