Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

Because it broke or needed maintenance.

I agree that "waiting for parts" is the most likely reason it has been down as long as it has. For the first week or so of it being down, there were signs of active work being done, then it was put up on the wooden supports it has sat on for the rest of the time it has been down.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I get text message notifications whenever Kings Island PR posts a tweet for the purpose of "Tweet-Ups" and I had a lump go in my throat when I saw a tweet come across saying "A popular attraction is leaving the park a week from today". I clicked on the link and it was talking about the freaking noodle. I thought it was going to be SRR, thankfully it wasn't because I would of been very mad.

• Like 18

I wouldn't think you'd prop up the cars that way for general maintenance to be honest. So agreeing with the bandwagon and saying parts are the answer. Seems like they may be keeping the cars up because of a part that may hold them up.

Kind of doubt it, Dollywood seem to be "poking the bear" on that one. To my memory, Timber Tower was still under warranty and Dollywood was trying to get a part that Huss claimed wasnt covered until the warranty. I dont believe the ride ever operated again. Also I doubt SR&R has any warranty left on any parts.

Guest dtk1376

Maybe someone pulled on a tree one too many times while riding the ride, I mean they do warn when riding that ride about 50 times to not pull on the trees, maybe there was more reasons than just wanting to not damage the trees. :P

• Like 5

Pure speculation......

I wonder of a cast piece broke (cracked??) that is part of the whole lifting device that surrounds the center spindle. That would explain why the whole ride is lifted off the ground.

A piece like that would not be on a shelf & would take a considerable amount of time to make.

• Like 2