Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

no, but I don't believe that the entire ride has been dismantled like this before. I can't imagine the park investing a lot of money into a ride that once fixed will STILL be 30+ years old. I don't claim to know anything, just saying... not a good sign.

There are different levels on rehab on flat rides. Particularly, I've seen Zephyr both ripped down to a "skeleton" and a time when it appeared to have been completely removed.

Clearly something complicated needs to be fixed on SR&R. I bet the ride could be assembled in a matter of days once it's ready to thrill riders again.

I know no more than any of you, but I'm not worried yet...

• Like 6

Despite its current state, nothing seems to point towards removal right now.

It wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly remove it mid-season.

There was evidence of work being done shortly after it went down in early June.

They wouldn't just take the cars off and leave the arms propped up for weeks before dismantling more of it.

They wouldn't leave parts of the ride sitting around in full public view if they planned to remove it.

They wouldn't continue telling the general public that the ride was "temporarily closed" (at least not current KI/CF - not with a CEO who emphasizes giving guests the "best day" in the park)

I'd be much more concerned if a certain nickle-hoarder were still in charge.

• Like 7

Even if it's not done for good it's likely that it is done for a while, and there's no guarantee I'll make it to the park any given day to be able to ride. I may not make it again in 2014 and I may not have a pass next year so I just really appreciate the time I got to spend with SR&R, especially when our family all rode together.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

Well, if they do get rid of SRR, I hope the replacement is a ride that is 42 inch height requirement, that was a fun ride last year for when my little one hit the 42 inch mark, more fun than the Linus Launcher anyways. I really hope SRR comes back though as it's one of my favorites, if it were to be removed I would be worried about them turning it into a picnic area for Juke Box Diner *shudders*

• Like 8

The neatness in which they are dismantling it leads me to believe it's just going to be refurbished. Maybe it'll get a new color scheme. I'm sorry but those colors look terrible together.

In a completely unfounded wishful thinking side note, how awesome would it be for Shake, Rattle, and Roll to come back painted red with white cars and called The Big Red Machine. If Cedar Point can have a Lebron themed ride why can't we have a Reds one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

The neatness in which they are dismantling it leads me to believe it's just going to be refurbished. Maybe it'll get a new color scheme. I'm sorry but those colors look terrible together.

In a completely unfounded wishful thinking side note, how awesome would it be for Shake, Rattle, and Roll to come back painted red with white cars and called The Big Red Machine. If Cedar Point can have a Lebron themed ride why can't we have a Reds one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome idea, the only question is, how much of a cut would Little Joe ask for?

• Like 1

I've only been on Shake, Rattle, & Roll a few times. When I first started going to KI as an adult, I went simply to power ride all of the coasters. One trip, I decided to ride other rides and was pleasantly surprised at how thrilling this ride is. Hopefully, it will be around for a while. If not, I had some good rides on it.

On a side note, two years ago, I took my son, who had just turned 4 to Camden Park. We rode the Scrambler, the Whip, Big Dipper, the Train (Halloween time) and the Haunted House. I had really forgotten how other rides can be loads of fun, especially when sharing the experience with your kid. I'm not sure who's smile was bigger, mine or his.

• Like 8

no, but I don't believe that the entire ride has been dismantled like this before. I can't imagine the park investing a lot of money into a ride that once fixed will STILL be 30+ years old. I don't claim to know anything, just saying... not a good sign.

Hopefully they will fix this 30+ year old ride because there aren't that many quality family rides at Kings Island like the Shake Rattle & Roll. A ride that isn't to wild for kids, but isn't to babyfied for adults. It is also nice to have a relaxing ride, as much as I love big coasters, I like to have some variety.

• Like 4

^ After my visit to Camden Park last year, I told my coworkers about the brakes on the Haunted House. They now ask me jokingly after I visit a new park if it has brakes as good as Camden's.

Wait dont they just catch you? can't remember

• Like 1