Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

Think about this:

If its being removed for good, why would they want to destroy a ride that parts could be hard to get when they have another one just a few hundred miles North that might need parts in the future?

Wouldn't make much sense.

• Like 6

Well, if they do get rid of SRR, I hope the replacement is a ride that is 42 inch height requirement, that was a fun ride last year for when my little one hit the 42 inch mark, more fun than the Linus Launcher anyways. I really hope SRR comes back though as it's one of my favorites, if it were to be removed I would be worried about them turning it into a picnic area for Juke Box Diner *shudders*

It already has an outside dining area.

You should be more worried about more basketball games. I think Kings Island might hold the record for number of basketball games.

Guest dtk1376

Don isn't required to comment on all the moves the park makes, he's got plenty of things to do. I'm sure they aren't dismantling the ride because they just felt their maintenance workers didn't have enough to do. We'll eventually find out, whether that be from seeing a new ride erected or Don does find the time to post on here. Right now all we can do is be patient and wait to find out.

• Like 10

Don isn't required to comment on all the moves the park makes, he's got plenty of things to do. I'm sure they aren't dismantling the ride because they just felt their maintenance workers didn't have enough to do. We'll eventually find out, whether that be from seeing a new ride erected or Don does find the time to post on here. Right now all we can do is be patient and wait to find out.

I never said Don was REQUIRED to do anything! He just usually makes a post about things when the speculation starts to run wild.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

All signs (no pun intended) point to the ride operating again.

Flying Eagles operated again, didn't it?

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to shake things up.

It's OK to shake things up, just don't let things roll away.

• Like 1

I never said Don was REQUIRED to do anything! He just usually makes a post about things when the speculation starts to run wild.

Maybe he wants us to roll with it.

There are 60+ other rides at Kings Island thrilling guests right now. I would guess that extended maintenance on one attraction isn't a high priority for public relations.

The event this Friday might be a good chance for any curious TPR members to ask park officials about what's going on.

• Like 1

When I asked my magic 8 ball if KI was going to get its eagles back in place of Shake, Rattle & Roll, it told me to check with the Dip 'n Dots vendor.

Don's silence is deafening, though it may not mean much at this point.

My hope, is that it is relocated as part of next season's additions. Based upon recent trends, it certainly seems like a set of Flying Scooters is likely in KI near future (I could see that being added next season similar to Cedar Point's additions last off season following their major coaster installation). Perhaps with SRR down for the count, they decided to just take it down for the season why they wait for parts, then put it next to wherever a set of Flying Scooters would be installed next season. There are a couple of spots in the parks I could see both of those rides complimenting each other well (kind of like they used to prior to the removal of the Eagles). Back in Action Zone as part of a further development/rebranding of that area, back where Snoopy Junction is located (seems like 50% or more of the trains are empty anytime were in that part of the park, though I'll admit that is generally middle of the week, in the evening, so not the best time to judge the popularity of many attractions in Planet Snoopy, or even in Oktoberfest.

Time will obviously tell, but I would assume we would know for sure by the time Cedar Fair starts announcing additions for their parks next season; mid August perhaps, or 3-4 weeks.

Guest dtk1376

Well... that's not a good sign. I am still holding onto hope that maybe they just took it off the site because it will not be operating the rest of the season. *fingers crossed*

Maybe he wants us to roll with it.

Or shake.....or rattle....

• Like 1