Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

Maybe they just aren't satisfied with the 'ride experience' yet. I recall those comments regarding a certain largest wooden roller coaster being made as trees were growing through the tracks.

Who knows what's up. Don probably hasn't comment because he only comments when there is news to comment on. SRR's future, depending on the severity of the problem, probably has yet to be determined.

• Like 6

I talked to Don today about it and he emphasized that the sign says that the ride is TEMPORARILY closed.

We [based on his comments] know it's coming back, just not when. It will be back, but do not necessarily expect it this year.

So was Son of Beast at one point. ;)

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

I talked to Don today about it and he emphasized that the sign says that the ride is TEMPORARILY closed.

We [based on his comments] know it's coming back, just not when. It will be back, but do not necessarily expect it this year.

So was Son of Beast at one point. ;)

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

So was every ride at some point.

The line for SOB was, "no decision has been made regarding the future of Soon of Beast." Clearly this is a different case.

• Like 6

I remember during the 1992 season a Huss ride was completely removed from the park. (Skylab) and it returned in 1993. So maybe the part wouldn't arrive till way late and they decided to get a jump start on Winter rehab for Skake Rattle and Roll and it will return next season.

• Like 3

Kings Island had posted the "Temporarily Closed" sign on Son of Beast after the 2009 incident, and we all know where that went. One problem or flaw I see is that none of the major components of the ride have left the site. As far as we know, all the arms and cars are on the concrete still. I'm not saying it will be open again this year, but SR&R will return. I hope it returns a little nicer than when it closed. A new coat of paint and some new lights will make it an excellent flat ride.

So even the Queue line railings are removed? Probably just getting new ones or something.

The Speed Rail product is designed to be removed at will. It's a very simple process, allowing it to be reused.

Source: http://www.hollaender.com/?page=catalog

Under nearly any condition in which they are doing heavy load construction back there, they'd remove the Speed Rails. Why risk damaging them when you can remove them and free up space to do work?

• Like 1

Looks like every last piece of the ride has been removed. Seems awfully extensive for just a "Rehab".

Rehab and refurbishment. The rumor is that the center bearing went bad, so they'd have to disassemble to replace it anyway. But hey... might as well take the opportunely to make sure all the lights are working and paint it or whatever.
  • Like 16

SR&R gone?! I didn't even get to ride SR&R this year for my annual credit. I expect one of the following to come after this: A. Bring me back my Eagles. B. Bring back my SR&R, only due to how popular it is for the kiddos. I really do hope that they bring this back, because truly, this is one of those childhood favorites in Coney, and I wish that the same does not come for The Spider. (Now known as The Monster by Cedar Fair)

• Like 1