Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

Guest waitinginline617

This makes me want to run to the park and find the nearest Dippin' Dots guy...I was so hopeful when I was there a few weeks ago and saw the sign still up

• Like 3

The rumors I've heard (and take this as a grain, as I'm comfortable posting it) is that it'll be back in 2015 with a new light package and possibly a new name.

I can honestly tell you that I've heard NOTHING official, unofficial, off the record, or on the record that implies that it's gone for good. At this point, I'd be shocked if it didn't come back.

• Like 10

A lot of confusion could be erased with a simple sign stating that the area is being refurbished and will re-open in 2015. Assuming that is accurate.

Of course, considering that it was only recently removed, the decision to (apparently) refurbish it could also be recent.

• Like 4

They're in the unfortunate situation that any information they release, especially if the current intention is to bring back the ride, will be taken by park goers as a "promise." If things change later, due to a change in decisions or through no fault of their own, there will be complaints that they lied or went back on their word. If they say nothing, sure people will be annoyed at the silence, but it leaves them free to continue to make their decisions unfettered by predictions they made before they knew all the facts.

I understand very much why the standard response in these things is no response. What you don't say can't come back to haunt you.

• Like 7

A number of TPR members who attended Banshee Bash this past weekend have said "The broken part was going to require the ride to be major disassemble and take a long time. The decision is to put it away for the season." and "I talked to Don Helbig about it at Banshee Bash. He said it is getting totally rehabbed and it will be back next season like new."

• Like 3

I wonder if it is possible to bribe some info out of someone in the know.

I don't have a lot of money, but I'm a decent baker.... cookies? Cake? French macarons? Brownies? Something? :-)

She's not kidding... Her French macarons can be very persuasive!

• Like 5

If memory serves me properly, there's been at least two complete overhauls of the Monster at KI similar to this. I distinctly recall one season, many years ago, where the Monster disappeared for an extensive amount of time. It returned to the park - completely refurbished.

SR&R is a very poplar ride, and it's had a long successful life at KI. There are plenty of others at sister parks which aren't disappearing... but Ki's is the oldest of them all. I would be shocked if it did not return.

Oh, and to the person that posted "It's best not to speculate..." That actually made me laugh out loud! (No harm meant) What else do you think these boards are for? And trust me, the park loves it when people speculate... it means their talking about the park... and that's what they want!

• Like 10

Guest dtk1376

I love the speculate too! :)

I think the person that said that was more referring to people trying to state that "This is what they are going to do..." as opposed to "I hope they are going to...".

I hope they do nothing and the ride just returns prettier with better lighting. lol

• Like 1

So cool if they add LED lighting just like WindSeeker and having no trees in the area of the ride so ride ops won't have to continue to say, "don't reach for the trees!" Cars painted in blue and red and green with lights on the bottom of the cars that would be a great night ride.

• Like 3

So cool if they add LED lighting just like WindSeeker and having no trees in the area of the ride so ride ops won't have to continue to say, "don't reach for the trees!" Cars painted in blue and red and green with lights on the bottom of the cars that would be a great night ride.

I like how it is surrounded by trees... wouldn't be the same riding without my daughter screaming in mock horror every single time, "OMG we're gonna hit the tree!" :)

• Like 12

I like how it is surrounded by trees... wouldn't be the same riding without my daughter screaming in mock horror every single time, "OMG we're gonna hit the tree!" :)

I think LED lights AND the trees would look cool

• Like 4

^ don't get me wrong, I like the trees in the area but maybe cut back the trees. I've been on it twice for ride stoppage because teens decide to grab tree branches. You can see they cut one down already this year because of the tree growth

• Like 1

I sincerely doubt that Shake Rattle & Roll is going to be permanently removed.

Even if it was to be permanently removed, I would expect a new flat to be put there by 2015.

I mean, Three Point Challenge is only about thirty yards away, so there is absolutely no way that we could lose another flat ride to a basketball game, right?

Right?

• Like 11

SoSR&R coming soon.....

Somebody had to.

Or maybe its because Vortex is sinking too much and they wanted to get SR&R out of there before it gets swallowed up.

Is Shake, Rattle, & Roll near enough to the sink hole that Vortex sits in for it to be affected? I didn't think it was...

I was also there today at the park, and noticed from WindSeeker that there was pretty much nothing in the area where Shake Rattle and Roll was.

• Like 3