Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

SoSR&R coming soon.....

Somebody had to.

Or maybe its because Vortex is sinking too much and they wanted to get SR&R out of there before it gets swallowed up.

Is Shake, Rattle, & Roll near enough to the sink hole that Vortex sits in for it to be affected? I didn't think it was...

I was also there today at the park, and noticed from WindSeeker that there was pretty much nothing in the area where Shake Rattle and Roll was.

There's concrete evidence of where the ride was.

Terp...running for the door.

• Like 18

Now that was bad!

The queue rails that were in the line for Shake Rattle and Roll were likely original to when the ride was installed in 1975. Unlike most of the other queue rails in the park, that are left in their unpainted aluminum state, the rails in Shake Rattle and Roll were painted black. Only Vortex (painted blue), and The Beast (painted brown), still have queues at KI that are painted. It is easy to remove the queue rails and put new ones in. The queue at Carousel used to be on the other side of the ride. Just look at the concrete and you can see the evidence from where the queue used to be.

• Like 4

I believe this ride came from Coney Island? If so that is more incentive to keep it.

I don't think that it did. It isn't on my 1972 Park Map, so if it did come from Coney, it was left in storage for a while and put up later.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll opened alongside Zodiac in 1975. It was originally known as Troika, which is the ride model's name.

They're in the unfortunate situation that any information they release, especially if the current intention is to bring back the ride, will be taken by park goers as a "promise." If things change later, due to a change in decisions or through no fault of their own, there will be complaints that they lied or went back on their word.

It's been a few years, but I seem to recall, when Italian Job: Stunt Track was announced, it was stated by the park that Flying Eagles would remain, only it'd be relocated to the former Flight Commander pad?

I believe this ride came from Coney Island? If so that is more incentive to keep it.

I don't think that it did. It isn't on my 1972 Park Map, so if it did come from Coney, it was left in storage for a while and put up later.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll opened alongside Zodiac in 1975. It was originally known as Troika, which is the ride model's name.

They're in the unfortunate situation that any information they release, especially if the current intention is to bring back the ride, will be taken by park goers as a "promise." If things change later, due to a change in decisions or through no fault of their own, there will be complaints that they lied or went back on their word.

It's been a few years, but I seem to recall, when Italian Job: Stunt Track was announced, it was stated by the park that Flying Eagles would remain, only it'd be relocated to the former Flight Commander pad?
They kept quiet about the Eagles when they announced IJ. To my understanding, there was never a plan to move them to the Flight Commander pad.
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think that would be a pretty cool idea! They could even add some cool music and strobe lights; I'd most definitely ride it! B) The only problem is that I don't know where it could be placed as the Crypt's former ride area's ground would have to be raised and the line areas might be too small for the ride. Also, getting the ride in the building may be an issue with Diamondback and the new Haunt maze close by.

Honestly, I think that would be a pretty cool idea! They could even add some cool music and strobe lights; I'd most definitely ride it! B) The only problem is that I don't know where it could be placed as the Crypt's former ride area's ground would have to be raised and the line areas might be too small for the ride, Also, getting the ride in the building may be an issue with Diamondback and the new Haunt maze close by.

Getting the ride into the building would be the least of problems. Not only does it break into pieces (on purpose), but the access space for the Crypt building hasn't changed at all with Diamondback or the new Haunt building. Same access road (maybe diverted), same parking lot, same garage doors... The way you people described it, I thought the new Haunt building might be up against the Crypt. You guys made it seem like it could reasonably be an extention to the Crypt building. It's fifty yards away!

Line areas might to be too small for the ride? What kind of crowd are you expecting!?! :P

Honestly, I think that would be a pretty cool idea! They could even add some cool music and strobe lights; I'd most definitely ride it! B) The only problem is that I don't know where it could be placed as the Crypt's former ride area's ground would have to be raised and the line areas might be too small for the ride, Also, getting the ride in the building may be an issue with Diamondback and the new Haunt maze close by.

Line areas might to be too small for the ride? What kind of crowd are you expecting!?! :P

Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear. I meant that if the ride was to go where The Crypt's former line area was (I was thinking the line area facing where the Demon Bat used to be right before you enter the ride), it may not fit as that area may not be big enough for a Troika.

• Like 1