Whats up with Shake Rattle and Roll

Dr Zhark

I usually hate when rides are named simply for what they actually are. It just seems lazy. It seems to work ok for the carnival type rides though like scrambler though (guess since the name tends to describe the ride a lot and everyone calls them by it anyway) so troika might work but as it had a name rather see it keep that or renamed something else. But really calling it Troika but because it is one would be like having named Tomb Raider as Top Spin or changing Delerium's name to Frisbee.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is a heartbreaker. I operated this ride during one season (with The Eagles). I haven't been on the Troika in a looong time but just seeing it on every visit reminds me of simpler times. I hope it returns.

I visited Kings Dominion for the first time ever this summer and I freaked out when I saw their eagle ride haha.

• Like 3

This thread is a heartbreaker. I operated this ride during one season (with The Eagles). I haven't been on the Troika in a looong time but just seeing it on every visit reminds me of simpler times. I hope it returns.

I visited Kings Dominion for the first time ever this summer and I freaked out when I saw their eagle ride haha.

Just for the sake of avoiding confusion and so you don't have to read back: the park has made it clear that SR&R will be back.
  • Like 8

I for one, am glad it will return. Hopefully, next season, Trey will be big enough to enjoy some of the bigger rides at KI. Although he's never been, so there's lots to do for him even if he doesn't reach 48" by next summer.

After going to their web site, I see he is already big enough for SR&R. He's already 44" and growing fast.

Edited by KIBeast
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

I have never really been a big fan of LEDs so this should be interesting. Also, I wonder if they took time to also add in a light show ala WindSeeker, that would be cool! But I would be just fine with it being white.