July 12: Soak City Waterpark Luau Party

jdf21972

Swimming, leis, games, music, food and much more!

Gold and Platinum passholders can enjoy a Hawaiian-themed party in the Soak City Waterpark with swimming, leis, games, music, complimentary food and more! Some of your favorite waterpark attractions will be open too, including Mondo Monsoon, Pipeline Paradise, Rendezvous Run, Splash Landing (limited area) and Tidal Wave Bay.

The festivities begin at 8:30pm and run until 10:30pm Saturday, July 12.

Present your Gold or Platinum pass at the Soak City entrances to participate in this exclusive season pass event.

Any one else going to this event Saturday? I am going to enjoy this !

• Like 2

My daughter and I are going. One question as it's been years since we've been to Soak City. Will they allow you to wear water shoes? The concrete there is extremely hard on my feet and I don't want to go bare foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water shoes can be worn for the most part, however on some slides (body slides and possibly some others) you will be required to take them off and hold them in your hands as you go down. Also on the surfing thing (I can't remember its name right now), you'll take the shoes off and toss them into the wave; they'll wash to the exit and you can pick them up there when you're done.

• Like 1

I did the luau. I was first on Mondo Monsoon at 8:30, then quickly did Rendevous Run with almost no wait before getting in the food line about 8:45. I finally reached the serving line and got my food just as the fireworks began at 10:00 (side note: I had a perfect, unobstructed view of the fireworks, and not only that but it was close to a speaker, so I could hear the soundtrack for the fireworks as well). I did manage to sneak another ride on Mondo Monsoon before closing.

I cannot believe that they started with only a single serving line. At some point while I was in line, they grabbed some extra tables and used them to set up a makeshift second serving line, but it still wasn't enough. They should have had AT LEAST four serving lines, if not six, for a crowd that size. They severely underestimated how many people would come in for it. Quite a few people were in street clothes, apparently just coming for the free food.

As for the menu, it was fruit, pulled pork sliders, corn dogs, and shrimp coсktail, among other things that I don't remember. It was a very nice selection.

As for ride queues, I barely rode anything during the day. After Banshee and Diamondback ERT (with the GOCC event), I only rode one thrill ride in the dry park between 10:00 AM and 11:30 PM, and that because I won a front-of-the-line pass at a spin-the-wheel game (I used it on Banshee, of course). However, right before closing, both Drop Tower and Delirium were walk-ons, and Banshee looked like a walk-on from the midway as well. So there was value in sticking it out until midnight. Soak City in the evening had typical afternoon/early evening lines; it honestly doesn't seem like Soak City gets longer lines on Saturdays. I think the extra crowds just fill up the wave pools, Coconut Cove, and the kiddie pools.

(edited because I'm tired of the boards censoring those four letters when it's virtually always a false positive)

• Like 2

Was anyone at the park today to view line queues ?

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Lines weren't terrible yesterday but still a bit long. I only went on 3 coasters, but I was mostly there for the dinos, so the lines didn't bother me too much. Vortex's line looked long-ish, but moved quickly, and Firehawk's line was approx. an hour and a half and semi-slow moving. Adventure Express at night was literally a walk-on ( :D) as the park was pretty dead around midnight and Cirque (7 PM show) was packed.

• Like 1