Cedar Point 2015 speculation

There was rumors a while back that there could be a high-tech haunted house coming in 2015. I was really hoping for this, but I don't see where this would appeal to thrill seakers. They could make it scarier than the traditional haunted house and that could appeal to teens, but I'm not sure thrill seekers.

When Jason made his statement about appealing to thrill seekers, he was referring to a brand new ride coming for the 2015 season, not a new haunt. But there is a new building being built next to Gatekeeper which is rumored to be for a new haunted house. I'm excited to find out about this new haunt, if it even is one (but I'm 99% sure it is).

I have myself heard the rumor of Mantis getting a conversion, however like before I doubt it will happen. It's in the same boat as The Bat/Flight Deck removal rumor that circulated here for years.

There are many many problems that come with the conversion. The whole station will need a redesign to feature the floorless features, restraint releases, etc. Some things would carry over I'm sure such as the prox system would probably not have any issues, nor the lift hill. However the MCBR will probaby need adjustment, along with the final brake run as the trains are probably lighter I'd imagine and would be affected by the braking needed for a stand up train. Then lastly you have a whole PLC revamp for all the new systems in place, new controls need implimented, and a full retraining of the ride as no returners will have knowledge, and full timers will need it as well considering it will basically be a new ride.

Lastly look at the idea. Lets take an old ride that has been standing & gets ridden still to this day and has recieved significant ROI at least IMO, but lets spend alot of money on a retrofit that honestly no enthusiast knows will work. Especially the high tolerances and laterals that B&M stand ups are designed with. Could it happen, of course, but do I see it happening, not at all. Honestly looking, putting new trains on a ride and calling it new doesn't seem very Cedar Fair-ish. It seems more of a Six Flags kind of thing to do. Just my two cents

• Like 6

There are many that feel the same way, I myself am somewhat included. I may ride it, I may not, it's not a must do attraction for me. However the ride does draw a line and many do ride it, and some it is their favorite coaster. It obviously has done something right for them to keep it this long, give it great TLC, and keep it there.

I'm not a fan of it. Most of the times I've been there it has no line and most people around me seem to avoid it. It's just not a good ride. If they could overhaul it somehow maybe i'll ride again but until that happens I'll pass.

• Like 3

Just a thought but how about something like Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom like Six Flags got? They would just use the existing structure of Top Thrill. Wouldn't be that expensive considering you're piggy backing on the current structure.

Just a thought, but hoping for a dark ride where the Pirate Ride used to be.

Just a thought but how about something like Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom like Six Flags got? They would just use the existing structure of Top Thrill. Wouldn't be that expensive considering you're piggy backing on the current structure.

Considering all the problems in New Jersey, you've got to be joking.

• Like 6

The other day Tony tweeted this:

"Currently working diligently on 2015. Did I spel that rite? More importantly, did I say it right..."

If you copy and past this tweet (or at least the beginning of it) into a word unscrambler, the word "Centurion" is one of the words that appears. This was brought to my attention to rcoaster10. Diversion or could the Centurion trademark be going to Cedar Point for 2015? If you ask me, it sure does sound like a coaster name. When I first heard about this trademark a while back, I immediately liked it, so I'd definitely be happy if this will be the name of the park's new ride for next year.

• Like 2

So the Coaster Campout was being called Camp Rou...any connection to the trademarked name Rougarou? I know originally this was suspected as the name of a new haunt in the building next to The Beast at KI, but PointBuzz member kevinj gave a good point that Cedar Fair never trademarks Haunt names. Even look at the ones Cedar Point just announced for this upcomong HalloWeekends: neither Hexed nor Tombstone Terror-Tory have trademarks. Do some more digging and you'll see there are no Haunt or HalloWeekends trademarks.

Using this train of sense, Rougarou will be the name of a new ride. Could "Camp Rou" just be a simple diversion...or a clue as to something coming to the Point next year?

• Like 1