Cedar Point 2015 speculation

So the Coaster Campout was being called Camp Rou...any connection to the trademarked name Rougarou? I know originally this was suspected as the name of a new haunt in the building next to The Beast at KI, but PointBuzz member kevinj gave a good point that Cedar Fair never trademarks Haunt names. Even look at the ones Cedar Point just announced for this upcomong HalloWeekends: neither Hexed nor Tombstone Terror-Tory have trademarks. Do some more digging and you'll see there are no Haunt or HalloWeekends trademarks.

Using this train of sense, Rougarou will be the name of a new ride. Could "Camp Rou" just be a simple diversion...or a clue as to something coming to the Point next year?

So when referring to KI's Halloween Haunt, I don't necessarily need to capitalize haunt on here?

There are just so many clues and pieces to this puzzle. Unlike in previous years when a major addition was coming next year, at this point in time I am clueless as to what's coming. And I love that. I can't wait to be surprised, as long as no blueprints or leaked documents (or websites) get out ahead of time. <_<

• Like 2

Mr. Kinzel teased Shoot the Rapids as appealing to thrill seekers.

Terp, like Rock and Roll, Never Forgets.

Oh it's very thrilling! On any given ride you could capsize, and even drown!

Who doesn't love a good Drowning........Pool?

• Like 3

Was it ever revealed exactly what happened that allowed Shoot the Rapids to fail in the manner it did?

Don't know about that. But have a question in a similar vain.

Have the anti-rollbacks always been in place on the two lift hills on Race for your Life Charlie Brown? I don't recall seeing them, but I don't ride the ride all that often and just happened to notice them this year for the first time (or perhaps I've noticed them, but realized why they were actually there after last season's issues at CP?)

Was it ever revealed exactly what happened that allowed Shoot the Rapids to fail in the manner it did?

Have the anti-rollbacks always been in place on the two lift hills on Race for your Life Charlie Brown? I don't recall seeing them, but I don't ride the ride all that often and just happened to notice them this year for the first time (or perhaps I've noticed them, but realized why they were actually there after last season's issues at CP?)

Your answer....Yes, since about 1967 or so....

• Like 2

Your answer....Yes, since about 1967 or so....

thanks, that would have been my guess, never gave a 2nd thought seeing them prior I guess. On another note, I've always been able to convince my son to sit in the back with me, until last trip when he told me, no we have to sit in the front, you get wetter. I tried convincing him that you go faster in the back, but he wasn't buying it. Score one for the kid of the old man who was already soaked from WWC and got a little more soaked thanks to a kid that is quickly learning to read thru my BS :)

• Like 3

There's a new, very intereresting blog. Lots of pictures, including the old Pirate Ride building, Point Pavilion, the structure by GK (the hew haunt), Mantis, the lagoons near Adventure Island, and Mean Streak. I'm not sure what to believe as diversions or clues.

Plus what Tony said at the end is interesting.

"We won't make you wait a century...

But don't trust the 'Lemon Chill Guy'

And maybe, just maybe, don't trust mi?"

Yes, he did say "mi." I have no clue what that means though.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Thanks-For-The-Fun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something I posted over on PointBuzz...

To add to the fun speculation, here's just what I personally think will come to the park for 2015.

1. A new pavilion. By now it's pretty obvious that something will be going on with that area (Fear Faire not being listed on the HW site, while the site was still fully accessible), various markings in this area, and the fact that 2 other Cedar Fair parks (Carowinds and California's Great America) have announced new pavilion like structures. I'd even love for something more like Harmony Hall at Carowinds. It would be nice to have a big food court area like that, although maybe the multi use functions of the new pavilion at CGA could be good too.

2. A WMG style dark ride at the site of the old Pirate Ride building. Different layout, different theme, and hopefully an improvement over WMG. I'm sure Cedar Fair has been listening to the feedback from this ride and plans on tweaking the ride experience to make it better. At least I hope this is the case, if the Point gets a dark ride like this. I'd still rather have a traditional, non interactive dark ride but I guess it would be better than nothing.

Between Tony's pirate-like tweets, his Canadian tweet (my guess is referencing WMG since it's in Canada), and Jason's picture of the old Pirate Ride building by listing the rides in view and ending with "and" there is plenty of evidence to support this theory.

This has no evidence to back it up at all but is more of my own personal wish. I hope that maybe this will also be part of a multi year Blue Streak midway improvement/expansion that will be announced. In addition to the new dark ride, the area immediately around it and near BS will be enhance.

3. A retheme/ravamp of Mantis into Rougarou. At the very least, new paint and new theming to go along with the name change. At the most, a floorless conversion. I'm still not sure if this is even possible, but it sure would be nice. There is the trademarked Rougarou name, the grain-of-salt (yet still interesting) rumor that I have heard of Mantis closing in September, and the visual evidence of new paint on a portion of the ride, it looks as if something will be going on with it. If it wasn't for the paint I'd still be very skeptical of Mantis changing for next year, but I feel like it pretty much validates at least its color scheme will change.

Whatever ends up coming next year, I'm sure it will be great. Cedar Point has not been disappointing recently and their most recent additions have been completed with high quality. I can't wait to find out what's in store.

Also, I'm sure an announcement date can't be too far off. It's already August and typically announcement are made in the middle of end of the month. Hopefully we'll find out soon!

• Like 2