Cedar Point to name ride after LeBron James upon return to CLE?

I believe it is "the round mound of rebound".

Yea I was more making light of his weight growth... I actually remember he said it when he was talking about his weight loss...

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?
  • Like 1

It would be funny if they simply started using drinks coasters (the little printed paperboard things) that say "King James!" in all of their restaurants.

I prefer to think however it is used, the exclamation point inside the quotes in the tweet really will be part of the name. A coaster named "King James" just doesn't have the oomph of "King James!"

It would be funny if they simply started using drinks coasters (the little printed paperboard things) that say "King James!" in all of their restaurants.

I prefer to think however it is used, the exclamation point inside the quotes in the tweet really will be part of the name. A coaster named "King James" just doesn't have the oomph of "King James!"

Why don't they just put his name on the trash cans......

• Like 4

Oh Come On! Why Bring Back Lebron! If Cedar Point renames one of the current coasters after him, I will be very dissapointed and angry.

They've already announced that they're doing it...

Just be glad that it's not becoming the Cedar Point & King James Railroad.

• Like 9

That would be my worst Nightmare if they did that.

Oh Come On! Why Bring Back Lebron! If Cedar Point renames one of the current coasters after him, I will be very dissapointed and angry.

They've already announced that they're doing it...

Just be glad that it's not becoming the Cedar Point & King James Railroad.

Why are you guys hating on LeBron? He's obviously the best player in the league right now and there's no disputing that. He's an amazing athlete but just made some bad choices. If you're a Cleveland fan you have to be happy. I mean if he stayed with the Cavs he probably wouldn't be as good as he is now. Going to Miami made him a much better player for sure. I'm a Kings fan because of Kings Island so you guys better be happy. We've sucked longer than the Cavs have. EDIT- I see it says coaster renamed now, I put in two flat rides. I personally have no idea which ride now.

• Like 2

I wonder how much Lebron will charge Cedar Fair for using his name on a ride? They've already stated it would be named in his honor so they can't just say it was generic naming. I'd also think he has a price for using his name in any profitable regard. Which in case there is a price I hope at most it'll be in form of a donation to charity of his choice.

• Like 2

The hate for Lebron makes no sense. The horrible management in Cleveland did nothing to keep him. A way past his prime Shaq, Mo Williams and a bunch of third string players do not win championships. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh had made a deal to play with each other long ago, and it was quite unselfish considering they took pay cuts to garner role players. As far as the decision, I admit it stung but it was for charity. He is the best player in the league, and potentially ever and him coming back is good for Ohio. His letter was very mature and well written as well in my opinion.

• Like 2

12,000 ReTweets... that's certainly a successful campaign. I think it backfired, though. I think they were pretty sure he wasn't coming back.

Now they have 3 options:

1. Rename a ride after Lebron James, then look like buffoons because... well... they renamed a ride after Lebron James.

2. Not rename a ride after Lebron James which is tantamount to lying to their 100K followers.

3. Rename a ride after Lebron for a few days and prove to the world that this is just another publicity stunt with no real weight, brought to you by the same crew that Tweets meaningless piles of wood and holes in the ground that end up meaning nothing for some cheap ReTweets.

• Like 3

You two are assuming this can be done without paying Mr. James. Were I Mr. James, I'd announce I was taking them up on their gracious offer, and, provided they make the name change permanent and allow me to approve the ride they are changing, I'd be asking for $10,000,000, to be donated in my name to Give Kids The World.

• Like 2