Cedar Point to name ride after LeBron James upon return to CLE?

The hate for Lebron makes no sense. The horrible management in Cleveland did nothing to keep him. A way past his prime Shaq, Mo Williams and a bunch of third string players do not win championships. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh had made a deal to play with each other long ago, and it was quite unselfish considering they took pay cuts to garner role players. As far as the decision, I admit it stung but it was for charity. He is the best player in the league, and potentially ever and him coming back is good for Ohio. His letter was very mature and well written as well in my opinion.

You said it yourself: James, Wade & Bosh made the deal long ago.

Many NBA stars knew of LeBron's deal, thus his not committing to the Cavs. How could management possibly sign anyone with top tier talent given they all knew he was not committed?

What made Jordan the best is he made the players around him better. He did not rely on their talent to boost his game.

• Like 6

I Don't like James at all mainly because the way he treated the Cavs and The Fans it was so disrespectful. No, I'm not a Cavs fan I'm a Charlotte Fan since 1988. I have a HUGE amount of respect for Jordan, Bird, Bogues ,Johnson & Ewing. If Cedar Fair names any coaster ''King James'' that's just too much.

No it's not. LeBron means a great deal to that area of the state even when he was with Miami.

^and that's fine. I know a lot of players in different sport venues that mean a lot to cities, and I think that's great! I was not stating the fact that I hate LeBron, because I dont. I was stating the fact that I hate basketball, and renaming a ride after someone just seems dumb and pointless to me. If you create the ride tailored to that specifics person's name, that's one thing, changing a ride that's already had a name just for publicity is something else entirely, again to me. That's my opinion though, which, in no way shape or form was I trying to convert your opinion, and I apologize if it came off that way to you or anyone else on the forums.

Especially when the ride ops disparage the rides they work on, as has happened on recent visits while riding zephyr and hearing the ride ops say, "Welcome to Zephyr. Yeah we know its not the best ride, but you can go ride WindSeeker next, since it's way better" Sarcasm or not, it's being said publicly with a microphone attached to them, so perception is reality.

• Like 6

Using Mr. James' name without his permission could have se serious ramifications for the park. Sooner or later, they will realize empowering ride ops with mikes and letting them carry on as they please is very unwise.

Using Lebron's name without his permission in the park could indeed have serious ramifications; however, I don't know as much about the use of "King James" and whether or not that has been trademarked by LeBron or some biblical source.

Either way when a spiel includes calling a ride a name other than its proper name, I can't help but shake my head. I just don't get the point of that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...