Millionth Banshee Rider!

Hoeter

From Kings Island's Facebook page...

Grant Pedersen of Lexington, Ky scored the one millionth ride on our new record-breaking Banshee roller coaster this evening. He was awarded a Banshee gift package that included a poster, picture frame, T-shirt, glass cube, coffee mug, tote bag, commemorative limited edition pin set, and a large sign proclaiming him as the coaster's one millionth rider.

10494603_10152945931968368_2535186827901

Congratulations Grant!

• Like 18

Racer, I believe from what Don said, is poised to give out its 100 millionth ride this season as well.

And I almost went up after work for a bit...

The Racer will give its 100-millionth ride this season, Diamondback will give its 10-millionth, and there is a chance The Beast could give its 50-millionth.

• Like 21

Racer, I believe from what Don said, is poised to give out its 100 millionth ride this season as well.

The Racer will give its 100-millionth ride this season, Diamondback will give its 10-millionth, and there is a chance The Beast could give its 50-millionth.

Don,

Comparing Banshee to 2009 when Diamondback opened...how is Banshee set to stack up this year against Diamondback in terms of riders its opening year? I'm almost positive Diamondback gave its millionth ride in 2009 but recall it being 2 million or more?

• Like 4

Don- how is Banshee set to stack up this year against Diamondback in terms of riders? I believe Diamondback got it's millionth in 2009 but thought it was closer to two mil?

Diamondback finished its first year at 1.8 million riders. It gave its 1-millionth ride July 20, 2009.

• Like 10

They have a counter on their operator panel (similar to Diamondback) that counts empty seats.

Which leads me to this...how do you all keep track of the rides on, for example The Beast and The Racer? I assume you all have a log someplace of riders every year from 1972 or 1979 to now?

• Like 4

side note, when a ride changes names and or parks, do the ride counts continue? So for example, Top Gun/Flight Deck/Bat, do they all have their individual counts or is one continuous count? Also, Firehawk, does it count riders in its history or just at the current park?

It would be interesting to see what are the next big milestones for each ride and the expected hit for each milestone.

• Like 2

^^ The list of rider counts is on the park's website: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/media-center/ride-record-book

The page says that it is current as of the beginning of the 2013 season, but it was at least partially updated afterwards since it has Diamondback's 2013 record season noted.

Rider counts continue even when a ride is renamed. The Bat's record season was in its inaugural year of 1993 as Top Gun. Firehawk's total doesn't seem to include X-Flight's riders from SFWoA/GL; it's considered a new ride at KI.

• Like 1

side note, when a ride changes names and or parks, do the ride counts continue? So for example, Top Gun/Flight Deck/Bat, do they all have their individual counts or is one continuous count? Also, Firehawk, does it count riders in its history or just at the current park?

It would be interesting to see what are the next big milestones for each ride and the expected hit for each milestone.

Rides with name changes are one continuous count. Firehawk's ride count is Kings Island only.

• Like 8

^ I second that. Who better to ride with than the guy whose been on it 12,000 times and counting. Well deserving for Don to take part in that ride.

For the 50 millionth ride on The Beast it would also be fitting if Carl Eichelman was in attendance and participated.

• Like 8

^ We already had a Don/Chuck comparison going way back during Diamondback's construction:

The man:

"... can chew some wood and some nails and spit out a roller coaster.
... can solve a Rubik's Cube with a single flick of the wrist.
... can open two new bottles of ketchup with one hand.
... can cook Foie Gras with a microwave.
... conquered Mt. Everest ...in shorts."

:P Somewhere in this thread:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/14571-Diamondback-construction-thread-updated-3-19-09/page-98

• Like 1