What is going on July 25?

harmony29

We are planning to spend our first day married together at Kings Island on July 25th. However, I am getting really concerned as I had to get a motel 13 miles away and the only ones left now are really outrageous prices. I know there is another theme park site having a private event that day, would this be pulling in that many people to sell out all the hotels? I'm not starting to second guess going that day as I don't want to stand in line after line and barely get on anything and I unfortunately do not have the money to spend on Fast Lane passes.

I know that is getting me pretty worried actually. How far out do you think I can go? It's only for one night but we are going to the park Fri afternoon and all day Saturday then leaving right from the park to go to Cedar Point. I wish so bad the Red Roof was available, that's where we stayed last time and it was perfect. darn music fest! lol

Thanks everyone, I ended up going further out to Centerville and got the Red Roof Inn Dayton South for $69.95 for the night. It sucks that it's 26 miles from Kings Island but we will just have to make sure we are up a little earlier to get there by 9am. Thank goodness I looked more closely at that Motel 6, it did get some awful reviews.

Depending on where you are at in Centerville (not sure where that hotel is located at) taking route 741 or route 48 down to KI won't take you too long, maybe half an hour unless you get stuck behind a tractor. At that time of the morning, you should be able to cruise pretty easily. Congrats and good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip Medford, I did a mapquest and it looked like there was a back road you could take and bypass the freeway, so that's good to know. I wish it could be closer but oh well, at least we are celebrating the way we really want to, at Kings Island!

I looked on a map after posting, I see the Red Roof Inn is on Byers Road, in Miamisburg? Unless I'm missing another one in the area, it may be quicker to take 75S down to route 63, head East on 63 (left off the highway), take that a couple of miles and turn south on 741. With the 25th being a friday morning, its hard to predict what traffic will be like in either area at that time. If that is the location, its right by the mall, so while there are a lot of decent dining options, its all mostly chain type places that you find around your typical Mall. If you want a bit to eat before heading south, I'd recommend First Watch, which sits out in front of the Mall by Bonefish Grille. May be a bit of a wait to get in, depending on where you live, you may think of it as a chain or you may have never heard of it, started out in Sarasota or around there IIRC, then was brought to the Centerville area by one of many locals who travel to that part of Florida each year and has since spread out to several other areas. The Original Pancake House is just down the road as well, again its a chain, but not nearly as main restaurants as your typical large chain. Both have great breakfast fair. For something that may be a little quicker (hard to know on a friday morning, saturday and sunday mornings definently fill up quick) there is a Waffle House close to The Red Roof Inn, a Perkins almost "right next door", Panera is down the street and a bunch of other options.

Good luck.

• Like 1

A quick search turned up availability at the Red Roof Inn at Blue Ash, which is only about 10 miles from the park, due south off 71. Their website shows availability, but says to call the property directly. In general, Blue Ash is a nice area with plentiful hotels and is close to the park. You might also consider staying in the Montgomery/Kenwood areas of town. They are further south than Blue Ash, but are also right off 71 and provide quick access to the park. Good Luck and congrats!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I have stayed at that Red Roof in Blue Ash and I liked it, it was clean and comfortable for the rate. When I had checked there was no availability, I don't have a phone at the moment (my minutes are up) so I have to wait until the 23rd to call. I don't have a problem with the Red Roof for our first night, we are not even checking in until after we finish the park Friday night. We are getting married at 1pm in Kentucky and then immediately heading to KI. I figure we can have dinner there (we have the meal plan) and get in some rides, we want our first to be Banshee since that was our first ride as a couple. For how long we are going to stay in the room a Red Roof really is ok. The one I booked is on Byers Road, Dayton South. I love the idea of the original pancake house for in the morning before we head to the park. Even though this is our honeymoon we are having to do it as cheap as possible so when we can eat at the park we will, although when we hit Cedar Point it's going to suck not having that meal plan but I think we will probably leave the park during the day to cool down and get something not as pricey as the park food.

• Like 2

I stay at Red Roof frequently. Blue Ash is quiet and out of the way. But for a honeymoon? I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Beechmont is a franchise. That one I do NOT recommend. I'm still bugged by it.

I live 1 1/2 miles from the one in Beechmont...doesn't surprise me. I heard Union Township Police is there ALL THE TIME.

Supposedly this, the Days Inn up the road, and Motel Beechmont have MAJOR drug problems as well.

• Like 1

I stay at Red Roof frequently. Blue Ash is quiet and out of the way. But for a honeymoon? I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Beechmont is a franchise. That one I do NOT recommend. I'm still bugged by it.

The Beechmont one is roughly 1-2 minutes from my house (I live just off Mt. Carmel Tobasco). Decent area, reeeeal shady hotel.
  • Like 1

Right now Red Roof is offering a stay twice get one night free promo which runs through August 31, so if you end up staying at a Red Roof near both KI and CP you could get a free night at any Red Roof nationwide. Check their website for more info.

• Like 1

The Original Pancake House is a registered trademark. As such, it is always capitalized here.

I highly recommend their 49'rs...pancakes so thin they are nearly crepes. So good.

Never tried those, may have to next time. Usually its the Buckwheat pancakes for me, but I'll take up your recommendation next time I'm there O'Terpy.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I think the entire problem is this music fest in Cincinnati, so almost everything around the park is either sold out or so ridiculously priced that I would never pay it....$284 for the Super 8. So we will stay at the Red Roof Dayton South, I really don't mind driving and knowing I can have a yummy breakfast at the Original Pancake House (see I capitalized :) is worth it for me. We have stayed once already this summer at Red Roof, so we should be getting a free night soon with this trip. Cedar Point I'm pretty familiar with since I'm from Detroit, so I know the hotels in the area and I'm pretty selective, we are staying at the Motel 6 there, that one gets good ratings and it's cheap, I just want more money to spend on fun things. Anyone that will be at KI Friday the 25th, we will have extra wedding cake to share :)

• Like 2

The Beechmont one is roughly 1-2 minutes from my house (I live just off Mt. Carmel Tobasco). Decent area, reeeeal shady hotel.

Agreed. I used to manage that McDonald's there.

Lots of trash that LIVE there.

TPR's Banshee Bash at Kings Island on July 25th. Sold out!

• Like 2

I'll be at the Banshee Bash.

Wonder how many people that brings in?

We went on a Sunday in May on (unknowingly) the American Coaster Enthusiasts weekend, which touted "more than 500 people from 37 states." Lines/crowds didn't seem any worse than Sundays in May from prior years, though it was a fairly chilly day if I recall. My oldest just surpassed the 54" mark this past winter, and was able to ride Banshee 3 times and Diamondback 3 times, among a host of other rides and coasters.

• Like 1