What is going on July 25?

harmony29

I'm wondering how the crowds will be as well. We wanted to do Banshee Bash but it unfortunately sold out before we have money to get the tickets. It bums me out a bit but I'm sure we will have a blast anyway, I'll be so excited from the wedding that not much will effect me that day. I did see there's a high chance of rain for Saturday which I'm taking that with a grain of salt since it's still over a week away, but if there are a lot of storms that day I think we will head to Cedar Point in the afternoon so we can hit the park Saturday night instead of driving after KI closes.

Enthusiast events generally do not have a noticeable impact on crowd levels. Even at CoasterMania! 2013, with over 2,000 attendees, most rides still had the very short wait times that one would have expected given the cold weather that day.

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear this, I was really worried that this event was going to make the crowds huge and with it being a weekend I figured we would be standing in long lines. Now I think the biggest thing will be dealing with the weather, looks like it's going to be hot, which I don't do well in, I will have to be finding shade spots whenever I can and just pace myself. Is it possible to get night rides in on both The Beast and Banshee when the park closes at 10p? We really want to do both of these at night but I'm thinking we may have to pick one over the other since we have pretty much decided to leave Saturday during the afternoon so that we get to Cedar Point and can close the park there.

Depending on crowds, of course, but if you hit the line for The Beast a little before 9, you can probably get a ride in on it then make it back to Banshee before they break the line off. Of course, the time I tried this myself, crowds were lower than I expected and I got a sunset ride on Beast instead, but that was beautiful as well.

I personally don't find Banshee at night as special as Beast at night, so if you can only do one, I'd suggest the latter.

• Like 3

I would pick which ride you would like to ride most at night and do that one first... just from driving by the parking lots the past few weekends it seemed pretty busy. Also, 500 isn't really a dent when it comes to a 10,000 person crowd, but a 30,000-40,000 person crowd makes for longer lines no matter what event is going on. Also, with the current forecast, I would expect a larger than normal crowd.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and have a great time!

• Like 4

Right from KI..well, you have a few options..

I usually will take 71 north all the way to 250 and take that all the way up. You can take 71 to 23 and it may be close in time considering the construction on 71 does limit the lanes/speed.

I just prefer the 71-250, it's basically a straight shot.

I will always prefer 75 and 6 over, adds a bit of mileage but speed can make up alot of time

Never take route 4..long straight of doom

I would recommend avoiding the 71 to 270 to 23 in Columbus. The construction on 23 just north of 270 has everything more of a hot mess than normal.

The 71 to 250 is my normal way to get there - the Goasis on 250 in Ashland is my favorite place for a quick break and restroom stop. :)

(edited to correct typo)

• Like 1

I apologize if Ive asked something that has been asked already, there are a lot of threads on here and it's hard to read through all of them. I was simply asking what would be the easiest since I've never driven it before.

No, no, I was joking. It's just that the subject of how to get to Cedar Point has a wide variety of opinions on here due to the lack of an obvious ideal route. It has been discussed on here before, several times, and usually each person has their preferred route and won't budge from it. So discussions about it usually lead to a lot of friendly arguing with no changed minds. But that's no reason we can't have another one, especially since we've gotten a lot of new members since the last go-around. :)

And for the record, straight does not bother me. There's enough towns along 4 to break up the monotony. :)

• Like 1

I would recommend avoiding the 71 to 270 to 23 in Columbus. The construction on 23 just north of 270 has very thing more of a hot mess than normal.

For those taking 71 to 23 to 4, the best route is to take I-71 to OH-315 N, then continue on 315 all the way until it intersects with US-23 in Delaware. That avoids the construction area and many stoplights on US-23.

Taking 250 through Norwalk can be rather slow, especially with construction delays on Milan Rd in Sandusky.

I don't mind 4. It's long, but most of it can be traversed at 55mph with few delays. Do take note that OH-98 is closed this week for a construction project, so don't take that exit from US-23 even if your GPS tells you to. Continue towards Marion until you hit OH-4.

• Like 2

I THINK the way mapquest is taking me is 71 to 250, but it just seems like there are a ton of turns in between which seems a bit odd. I will have my GPS on my phone but I try not to rely on that as it seems to sometimes not be too accurate. Hope no one minds but here is how mapquest put as the preferred way to go:

71 north towards Columbus

Exit 101A toward I-670/W Clevelan

Exit 69 (OH-13)

Left on State 13

Right Lexington Ave/US 42N

Right E 1st/US 42N

Left S. Diamont

Left US HWY 250 S

Right E. League/US 250W

Left Milan Ave

Right State Route 13

Merge OH-2 W

Exit Rye Beach/US6 W

Left Cleveland Rd

Right Cedar Point Dr

Seems really confusing to me!!!

^ If you go that route, instructions would be as follows:

1. Follow signs for I-71 (north) until you reach OH-13
  2. Follow signs for OH-13 (north) until you reach OH-250
  3. Follow signs for OH-250 (west) until you reach Sandusky
  4. Follow signs to Cedar Point

I would not advise taking that route. You will have traffic in Mansfield, both traffic and construction in Norwalk, and both traffic and construction in Sandusky. I drove OH-61/OH-598 to OH-250 earlier this season, and getting through Milan Rd was not fun.

A look at ohgo.com shows that OH-250 is closed east of OH-13, so taking I-71 directly to OH-250 should be avoided.

• Like 1

There's definitely some maneuvering involved in getting to the peninsula once you reach Sandusky. None of the major avenues of approach to Sandusky drop you off right at the causeway; you have to navigate through city streets to get there.

Sometimes I wonder how Cedar Point became as popular and successful as it is, considering the lack of easy accessibility from major thoroughfares. KI has it easy with being right on I-71.

• Like 2