Kings Dominion

I believe the response you will get is somewhere between completely empty and extremely crowded. Friday may not be bad but Busch Gardens has been packed whenever I have been there. It is a good plan to do it Thursday and KD on Friday. No one really knows though.

• Like 1

I'm not sure on this so I apologize for not being able to help you out. If this is your first time to Kings Dominion, be sure to check out The Singing Mushrooms, and do not leave without riding Intimidator 305, Shockwave, Volcano, or Avalanche. Ride all coasters if you have the time, but those 4 in my opinion are must rides.

Have FUN!

• Like 3

I went to both parks the week of July 4th and was able to ride everything. Lines were long but nothing at either park was like the lines at Kings Island. The longest we waited was about a half hour for Volcano. Don't forget that both parks offer a front of the line pass upgrade if the parks are busy. Most importantly, just relax and have fun. Don't pressure yourself and you should be able to hit all of the rides easily.

• Like 1

We were there July 4th weekend. The park was not super busy. I 305 and Volcano, The Blast Coaster had longer lines, but worth waiting for. I highly suggest riding I 305 in the front. I did not enjoy it as much in the back row.

Avalanche is a lot of fun. Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is excellent. Everything including guns work. Shockwave is probably my favorite stand up coaster. Don't miss riding The Crypt.

• Like 1

^ This.

You think the view from the top of KI's Eiffel Tower is beautiful. See nothing but the rolling countryside from the top of KD's!

Interesting fact: Me and Lora were talking to the attendant at the top of the tower. There is a plant behind the park and supposedly they will provide power to the park in case of a blackout or power outage. Additionally, KD's elevator only runs in slow mode at a speed of 3 feet per second. I'm guessing it's against State Law for it to run faster or is it CF policy?

For what it's worth, Kings Island runs their elevator in fast mode which is 6 feet per second.

• Like 2

Yes it is. Kings Dominion is laid out completely different than Kings Island.

Check out this park map Ryan, it gives you a good idea of how Taft designed the park. Seems like they took what worked at Kings Island, incorporated it into this park while improving what didn't work or what could have been done better at Kings Island. Their front gate is nothing like ours, at all.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/images/uploads/file/2014%20Kings%20Dominion%20Park%20Map%20&%20Guide.pdf

I highly recommend you get there as soon as you can, this season if at all possible. Not sure if Cedar Fair is planning on keeping Candy Apple Grove or the Mushrooms after this season, or if it's a 40th Anniversary only type of deal. Avalanche and Shockwave are must rides, as are Volcano: The Blast Coaster, Intimidator 305 and the list goes on...

• Like 2