Kings Island Photo Pass

Colonel_SoB_fan

Went with my husband yesterday, and allowed my pic to be taken at the entrance for the first time this season (even though I always go alone, I have had the photogs attempt to grab me and a stranger who happened to be entering around the same time and take pics of us together).

This was also probably the only time I would have considered buying one of the photos (getting my husband to an amusement park is a rare occasion). Went to look at them at the end of the night, finally, and both pics were blurry. In the modern age of idiot-proof digital cameras, there is just no excuse for that.

I do like the idea of a season pass, as it were, for ride photos. I ordinarily don't buy them because I'm there alone, but if I could get bunches for a reasonable price, it would be worth it to me.

Does the one-day pass at KI or the Six Flags season one include gate photos?

• Like 3

One thing I've always wondered is if you buy a digital picture, can you legally get it printed anywhere? I know that a lot of places that do photo printing (Walgreens, etc.) will often not print photos that appear to have been taken professionally.

Many years ago I bought one of the Kings Island flash drives where you were allowed to put 4 pictures on the drive. Already on the flash drive was a PDF license file from the park, giving me the okay to print the pictures anywhere. I don't know if this email will give you a similar license file or not.

• Like 4

I can only imagine that it would, but we know what happens when you assume....

Thankfully I have a pretty awesome photo printer at home so I should be good either way, in the event that I would actually want to print out a photo...which is probably unlikely.

If I can get my wife to the park this season, this is certainly something we would look into. I guess the only thing that might deter me is the number of on-ride photo kiosks that will be open. It seemed like the last time I went there were several that were not.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this the other day when my extended family made a trip to the park (we had 15 people, but we split into groups) I ended up getting 26 ride photos emailed to me and felt like it was definitely worth the $29.99.

Although the technology behind it didn't seem too good. Every time I went to get a photo emailed, they scanned the pass, and then had to retype the email every time and asked me to verify it EVERY TIME I wanted to email a photo. I feel like they should just ask me once for my email, have me verify it once, and then when they scan the pass the email should pop up right away, and no photo booth employee should be typing in the email every time I want a photo.

Also, if you ask for a receipt, they will give you a receipt that shows you that you bought a $10.00 ride photo to be emailed, and they will then credit you with $10.00 every time, bringing the balance to $0.00. It made me feel good knowing I paid $29.99 for a $260.00 value ($10 per photo).

This is a good deal for a large group of people.

• Like 4

I agree with the email thing...it gets really boring having to type in emails all day...

It really is an amazing deal, no doubt about it. No tricks here. If you bought one photo from Banshee early in the day, and got another one later, boom, it's already the price of the photo pass which you could've used all day!

Shameless sales pitch...

• Like 2