Cedar Point HalloWeekends

I searched for a similar topic but didn't find anything, so here you go. This topic is to discuss anything and everything about CP's HalloWeekends event, whether it's general questions/comments, experiences, favorite haunts, rumors, etc. You name it, feel free to discuss it here.

I'd like to start by commenting about the new building presumably for a new haunt next to Gatekeeper. According to this article, there will be a new haunted house called Hexed, so I'm going to guess it will go in this new building. This new haunt will also explain the witch advertisements outside the park.

http://consumer.discoverohio.com/mobile/search-detail.aspx?detail=46447

I think this is a very interesting idea to go with a more traditional Halloween idea. The past couple haunts at the park have been really good so I hope this one will be too I'll be curious to see what Hexed will be like. I'm sure there has to be more to it than a bunch of people dressed as witches running around, and I'm excited to find out.

So apparently 2 new haunts were announced at the Coaster Campout. In addition to the Hexed haunted house, another one (presumably an outdoor walkthrough or maze) will be called Tombstone Terror-Tory. But as far as I can tell, the location for that one is still unkown.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been confirmed that Tombstone Terror-Tory will be located throughout all of Frontier Town (ranging from near Wave Swinger to the railroad crossing near SlingShot, plus going as far back as Maverick)! This sounds like an awesome, huge new scare that will turn the entire back half of the park into a Haunt haven every night. I can't wait to check it out and spend some time in Frontier Town!

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/features/2014/08/14/first-look--cedar-points-new-haunted-attractions/14053849/

Avoid Saturdays at all costs. Fridays and Sundays would both be pretty equal IMO. The close to Halloween, the busier the park will be but also the better the Screamster will be, as they will have had time to grow into their characters. Also keep in mind the ride restrictions and late opning on Fridays and the haunt restrictions and early closing on Sundays.

Fright Pass will be worth it if you want to get in all the haunts (especially if you will only be at the park 1 day). My favorite haunted house is either Zombie High School or Eerie Esate, and my favorite outdoor walkthrough is Cut Throat Cove. But try to check out all of them!

HalloWeekends is such a great time of year at the park. It will probably be fairly busy whenever you go, but just enjoy the atmosphere. It's completely different than the rest of the operating season.

Also, be sure to keep in mind the weather. Falls at the Point can vary greatly. One day it might be 70 degrees and sunny, and the next it might be 40 and rainy. Definitely be prepared for chilly evenings though. But overall, enjoy your trip! Feel free to ask any other questions!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I decided to bring this topic back rather than creating a new one. The new 2017 Halloweekends Haunt website is live, showing that 3 haunts will be retired and replaced. Eternity Infirmary, Eden Musee, and Fear-y Tales will be getting the axe while Deprivation: No Way Out, Fearyground Freakshow, and Harvest Fear will all be new.

An interesting thing to note is that Harvest Fear is listed as being in Frontiertown. However, with Tombstone Terror-tory and Cut Throat Cove already existing, plus Maniacal Mechanical Screamworks and CornStalkers along the Frontier Trail, I have no clue where this scare zone will be. I don't see where there's room back there for yet another one.

Deprivation sounds like it will be a black out maze which I'm excited about since I've never experienced one before, and Freakshow sounds like what the name suggests. I'll be curious to find out what all that entails and how it's themed. 

Something of particular interest is that Midnight Syndicate is returning again for daily live shows. I'm thrilled about this, since I thoroughly enjoyed their performances a few years back when they were at Halloweekends. It was actually one of the highlights for me, and I can't wait to see what they do this year. Thank you Cedar Point for bringing them back!

What are your thoughts on these new haunts as well as anything else about the upcoming HalloWeekends/Haunt?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/halloweekends/haunt/

• Like 4

I'm very surprised that Eden Musee is gone--it was their equivalent of Madame Fatale's, and it was done very, very well. I've never seen it with a huge line*, but I attributed that more to its out-of-the-way location (in Mean Streak's infield) than anything else. The other two I'm not particularly heartbroken over.

I'm also very happy to see their Skeleton Crew returning. I have enjoyed every iteration of that show I've seen. It's a shame KI didn't keep theirs, as I enjoyed it much more than Hot Blooded, which I've only ever seen once. Then again, I also like cirque-style performances much more than musical revues, so maybe it's just me.

* It's worth noting that I've only ever experienced Halloweekends on Friday nights early in the Halloween season, so I'm probably not the best source to cite for line lengths at Halloweekends.

• Like 2